Doggie Picture -- C&C Welcome [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Doggie Picture -- C&C Welcome

USMCsilver
02-12-2009, 09:34
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/USMCsilver/DSC_0023.jpg

Just auto settings. Still haven't figured much about about this thing yet.

USMCsilver
02-12-2009, 18:55
Here's a picture of my little Colt:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/USMCsilver/Colt/DSC_0021.jpg

MrsKitty
02-15-2009, 16:12
On the doggie (who is cute by the way--I am an animal nut! :supergrin: )

You see the greenish-blue spots in his eyes? That is from your flash. It was too close to being on the same level his eyes were on. I think it's actually his retina but I am not positive on it. It's the same principle as red eye. Use flash higher than your living subject. That's why we bounce flash off the ceiling.

Quit using the damn auto settings. It's digital. Put it on Av, Tv or M and play with it. If you had stopped that lens down some you could have gotten both is nose and eyes in focus. Auto modes will never get it right for you. You have to tell the camera what you want it to do instead of letting it do whatever it wants.

As for Colt, he is much better. No red/blue glowing eyes. He is a bit oversaturated but Nikons do that more than Canon right out of the body. It's really a personal preference thing so if you like it it is fine. He's growing.

Keep taking pics. Take zillions of them. It's the only way to learn.

Hokie
02-15-2009, 16:59
You see the greenish-blue spots in his eyes? That is from your flash. It was too close to being on the same level his eyes were on. I think it's actually his retina but I am not positive on it. It's the same principle as red eye. Use flash higher than your living subject. That's why we bounce flash off the ceiling.

That would be hard if he used the built in flash.
If you have not already you should get a good external flash. This will increase the distance between the lens and flash reducing the chance of red eye and allowing you to rotate the head to bounce flash. And the flash will be more powerful and recycle faster.

pdogkilr
03-14-2009, 16:41
Interesting image, cute expression on the pup's face. You did good using the eye for the focus point. Go to manual settings and put the f/Stop a little higher for greater depth of field. Would have been a great shot if the nose and eyes were both in focus.

Keep shooting and RTFM - Read the Field Manual.