Kimber and Customer Service. Or lack there of [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber and Customer Service. Or lack there of

Range Guy
02-12-2009, 18:26
Just got off the phone with Kimber. I bought a Pro Crimson Carry about a month ago. I carry the gun most days since I bought it. The slide on this gun looks like crap already. The holster wear I have is horrible. First guy hung up on me. Second guy had the same B.S as the first guy. Then in a nice way I was told if I wasnt so cheap and carried $200.00 holster instead of a $30.00 holster, the slide wouldnt be worn. But hey I was offered to send it back and pay $50.00 to have it refinished. Pay $50 to have the slide refinished that is a month old if that. Yeah right. I would never recommend a Kimber to anyone just based on there customer service.

BTW when I explained my Glock, M&P, or Sig had VERY little to NO holster wear I was told "maybe I should of stuck with one of those guns"

bac1023
02-12-2009, 18:44
Thankfully, I've never needed their CS.

Range Guy
02-12-2009, 18:47
Thankfully, I've never needed their CS.

Well I hope you dont ever have to. I'm debating selling the Kimber just on the fact I think there CS SUCKS. I'm big on CS and when someone treats you the way they treated and acted towards me. Well F me NO F THEM. Cant wait until someone at the range I work at ask me where my Kimber is.

Javelin
02-12-2009, 18:48
You put a gun in a holster, carry it around, and it will get holster wear. Some more quickly than others obviously. Nice of them to refinish it for $50 though.

:wavey:

Range Guy
02-12-2009, 18:52
You put a gun in a holster, carry it around, and it will get holster wear. Some more quickly than others obviously. Nice of them to refinish it for $50 though.

:wavey:

A month and a gun wears. I dont think so. $50 bucks is there standard charge for that type of finish on a slide or $100 for the other finish they have. Funny I bought a pre-owned Sig (Sig doesnt refinish used guns before resale) it looks brand new. My M&P was carried by me for almost a year and my stepdad for a year and half EVERYDAY and it had less holster wear. Guess with Kimber you dont get what you pay for.

Ol' Dirty
02-12-2009, 19:05
BTW when I explained my Glock, M&P, or Sig had VERY little to NO holster wear I was told "maybe I should of stuck with one of those guns"

That's kind of uncalled for. My customer service experience wasn't as bad as yours but the finish does leave something to be desired. I made a holster for my custom II, left it in there a little too long and developed a nasty rust spot on the slide. It's off getting a shot of gun kote right now.

LabTech
02-12-2009, 19:18
I had a rather good experience with their CS although it was not a finish issue. I love my UCII.

And...I'll give ya $100 for that crappy finished Kimber.

zdragon23c
02-12-2009, 19:19
seriously....i swear the kimber thumb safety finish would wear out just by looking at it.:supergrin:

Wolfgang
02-12-2009, 20:32
I don't understand the rpoblem. if you get it refinished, it will need it again in amonth if you carry it. I have a S&W 642 that is that way. it's a tool that may save your life. it does shoot, right?

Stick to a Glock and the nice patina it develops!

Zombie Steve
02-12-2009, 21:12
I'm still a bit steamed at Kimber's cs myself.

I had a TLE II that would fail to feed about 5% of the time. I got nothing but attitude from them. After they "fixed" it and sent it back, it only failed 2-3% of the time.

:steamed::steamed::steamed:

Never another dollar from me.

Range Guy
02-12-2009, 22:53

I had a TLE II that would fail to feed about 5% of the time. I got nothing but attitude from them. After they "fixed" it and sent it back, it only failed 2-3% of the time.

Yeah you get what I'm saying. it's easy for someone to say there .02 about over reacting. But hey its 1000.00+ gun not 499.00. It shouldnt look the way it does after only a month.

Gary1911A1
02-13-2009, 07:16
Kimber's Customer Service or as you correctly call it a lack of service is typical. If you want to keep your Kimber send it off to a pistolsmith who is willing to work on a Kimber and offers refinishing. Kimber will just have you spend a lot of money on shipping and refinish it with the same worthless finish as before. Kimber spends their money on advertising and entertaining gun whore writers.

okie
02-13-2009, 08:48
Damn that's jacked up man, I have never had to deal with their SC so I cant say one way or another:alex:

Range Guy
02-13-2009, 08:51
Kimber will just have you spend a lot of money on shipping and refinish it with the same worthless finish as before.

Exactly.

DaveA
02-13-2009, 09:05
As much as some people hate them, that's why I usually get a S&W. Thir customer service is legendary. Glad to say my 1911 from there doesn't show a spot of holster wear from my Glaco's...and they're snug too.

Alliance50
02-13-2009, 09:45
HI
I have a pro raptorII the safety finish I think came off after the first range trip.
I called Kimber the gal I talked to sent me a new one no questions asked that was fine. I did not put it in yet I'm going to wait till I trade it in.
I called them a week later because I have at 4 to 5 ftf every 200 rds. theykep telling me to put a few more rds thru it it will break in and be fine.
Well I'm up to about 2500 rds and still get 2 to 3 ftf from a 200 rd shoot.
I'm not going to keep calling and get the run around so I'll use it as a range gun till I find another Springer or S&W 1911 and trade it in. I wanted for a carry weapon but it can't be trusted.
I have heard from a lot of people that their kimbers are not up to snuff. I guess I will never buy another Kimber.
Maybe thats why they only come with a 2 Year warranty instead of a lifetime.
Live And Learn!:crying:Expensive mistake!

HAIL CAESAR
02-13-2009, 11:01

You too. I've had nothing but trouble from Kimbers over the last two years. No more and never again.

SIGShooter
02-13-2009, 11:48
Just got off the phone with Kimber. I bought a Pro Crimson Carry about a month ago. I carry the gun most days since I bought it. The slide on this gun looks like crap already. The holster wear I have is horrible. First guy hung up on me. Second guy had the same B.S as the first guy. Then in a nice way I was told if I wasnt so cheap and carried $200.00 holster instead of a $30.00 holster, the slide wouldnt be worn. But hey I was offered to send it back and pay $50.00 to have it refinished. Pay $50 to have the slide refinished that is a month old if that. Yeah right. I would never recommend a Kimber to anyone just based on there customer service.

That's awesome!!!

My wife went out and bought an Ultra Carry II Crimson Trace Model. We took it to the range once. After the second day the sights and slide started to rust.

The slide was the worst because it started to pit.

I called Kimber and told them what was going on. They told me that "It's a gun, it will rust." I told them that we've had the gun for 3 days and it's been to the range once. I asked them to please fix the problem. They said "Sorry we don't warranty the sights. You can send the gun back but it will cost 150 dollars to replace the sights and about 200 for a refinish. Also you will have to pay for the shipping both to and from us. Now if that's what you want please just send the gun in. If not I don't know what to tell you."

I told them that we paid 1200 dollars for this weapon. I refuse to pay anymore when it's not the owners fault for the rust. They said "Well I don't know what to say."

We ended up selling the Kimber. At a huge loss. I've tossed around the idea of getting another Kimber. But I really don't know. They have great weapons but their CS sucks bad. This isn't the first time I've heard about Kimber CS being horrible.

I have a friend that was a die hard Kimber fan. Had about 10 of them. He kind of went through the same with rusting when he bought the Desert Warrior. Same problem with CS.

He doesn't own anymore Kimbers.

I feel for you brother! Personally, I would send it to Wilson or Nighthawk and get their refinishes done to it. Keep the gun. If it hasn't failed you don't get rid of it.

It's a pain in the ass, I know. But if the weapon if good don't get rid of it.

Just my .02 for ya.

On a side note, I sent my Wilson CQB in to Nighthawk for a little work. I'll tell you this...It's the best damn 700 bucks I've ever spent!!!

+1 Zillion to Nighthawk Custom!!!

Zombie Steve
02-13-2009, 13:38
I'll just point out that mine was a stainless, so no finish problems...

I really wanted to like that gun. Fit and finish was very good, and it was really accurate (when it would run right...).

I too sold mine for a loss and got a Springfield TRP. Flawless out of the box. No break in required (but it sure was fun anyway).

eljay45
02-13-2009, 16:29
Can you post a picture of the wear? What kind of holster do you have?

srothman
02-13-2009, 17:02
The finish Kimber uses is not the best. I have an UC II, and after a few days of hoster use, there was almost no finish left on the safeties, and wear on the safety.

I ended up sending off my first CDP II to Robar for a full NP3 treatment. I have acidic sweat and it will rust just about any finish, including stainless.

I do not carry about my carry guns, they are a tool that is going to be used a lot. As long as it functions 100%, I don't care what it looks like.

I would like to see pics, to see how much holster wear there is?
What kind/brand of holster are you using?
Do you do a lot of practice drawing from the holster?

Sharp105
02-13-2009, 18:20
I have a Pro Covert that I carry daily, and it also shows a good bit of wear. However, its an amazingly accurate and dependable gun so it doesn't bother me at all.

I had to have a slide stop replaced by Kimber and their CS rep sent me a new one no questions asked.

Range Guy
02-13-2009, 21:37
The finish Kimber uses is not the best. I have an UC II, and after a few days of hoster use, there was almost no finish left on the safeties, and wear on the safety.

I ended up sending off my first CDP II to Robar for a full NP3 treatment. I have acidic sweat and it will rust just about any finish, including stainless.

I do not carry about my carry guns, they are a tool that is going to be used a lot. As long as it functions 100%, I don't care what it looks like.

I would like to see pics, to see how much holster wear there is?
What kind/brand of holster are you using?
Do you do a lot of practice drawing from the holster?

The majority of the time it was carried in a Bianchi leather paddle lock. Off and on in a black hawk serpa. It had wear because I had it in cheap holsters not 100-200 holster is what they told me. Not alot of drawing less than I would draw any of my new glocks. It felt good from the get go. Now when I see it I'm just angry and bitter.

okie
02-14-2009, 01:20
The finish is coming off big time on my thumb safety and some on the end of the slide also(for some reason the wear on the slide doesn't show up). Doesn't bother me much as it is my daily CCW and my concern is that it goes bang every time which it does.:thumbsup:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/okie1911/FW.jpg

okie
02-14-2009, 01:22
I reckon you can see a chip missing above the word Kimber. BTW I carry in a Comp-Tac IWB:supergrin:

MD357
02-14-2009, 01:29
Okie, I'd say yours looks pretty good for carrying in a comptac. A little carry wear just adds personality IMHO. Kimber's finishes suck, but most production guns do. To the OP, I agree that the CS sucks. However, if the gun works and is reliable then that is what it is meant to do. If wear bothers you then get it HC'ed, Melonited, or Ionbond.

okie
02-14-2009, 01:36
Okie, I'd say yours looks pretty good for carrying in a comptac. A little carry wear just adds personality IMHO. Kimber's finishes suck, but most production guns do. To the OP, I agree that the CS sucks. However, if the gun works and is reliable then that is what it is meant to do. If wear bothers you then get it HC'ed, Melonited, or Ionbond.

It's holdin up real good I reckon:supergrin:

SRJim
02-17-2009, 09:01
Range Boy I mean guy,

How many forums are you going to cut and paste this in? It looks goofy as hell posting it at all hours of the day and night yet saying you jst got off the phone with Kimber. They're pretty good about being closed after hours. ;)

If you want hugs and sympathy, include the whole story too. Including what you carry it in, (I see that above; no wonder) and how about pictures to see just how bad the wear is. But I think if you shared the "whole story" you'd look as silly as you feel. :crying:

Spray and back will wear. If you want a safe queen gimmicky gun, put it in the safe and don't carry it. You aren't in Hollywood.

If you want the slide to stand up better to the kind of treatment you're giving it, have the slide refinished in something that will stand up to it. Melonite, Rogaurd etc. if you want to keep it black.

Oh, and grow up.... :supergrin:

BTW, what I carry also has black oxide but on the frame; the slide is SS. Not one hint of holster wear whatsoever and it's carried almost daily. But I do care enough about my guns and my comfort to carry it in a good holster. :cool:

KillStick
02-17-2009, 09:17
My advice is if you like chrome get it hard chromed I had one of my glocks hard chromed and it is flawless. I hear the Hard Chrome is even stronger than the original glock finish it was only like 125$ for a great looking finish.

Range Guy
02-17-2009, 09:44
Range Boy I mean guy,

How many forums are you going to cut and paste this in? It looks goofy as hell posting it at all hours of the day and night yet saying you jst got off the phone with Kimber. They're pretty good about being closed after hours. ;)

If you want hugs and sympathy, include the whole story too. Including what you carry it in, (I see that above; no wonder) and how about pictures to see just how bad the wear is. But I think if you shared the "whole story" you'd look as silly as you feel. :crying:

Spray and back will wear. If you want a safe queen gimmicky gun, put it in the safe and don't carry it. You aren't in Hollywood.

If you want the slide to stand up better to the kind of treatment you're giving it, have the slide refinished in something that will stand up to it. Melonite, Rogaurd etc. if you want to keep it black.

BTW, what I carry also has black oxide but on the frame; the slide is SS. Not one hint of holster wear whatsoever and it's carried almost daily. But I do care enough about my guns and my comfort to carry it in a good holster. :cool:

Yeah because you know how I treat my guns. When you spend the 1100.00 bucks on the gun for me. Then you can tell me when I can and cant be upset about a gun with a ishy finish

SIGShooter
02-17-2009, 10:02
Range Boy I mean guy,

Wow, 17 posts and you're telling people where and when they can post...:upeyes:

Maybe if you read his post you would understand what he's saying. Of course there are a couple of other posts here about how their CS sucks the big one.

Have a great day!

Range Guy
02-17-2009, 10:06

Maybe if you read his post you would understand what he's saying. Of course there are a couple of other posts here about how their CS sucks the big one.

Have a great day!

:rofl:

you made my day

babarracing
02-17-2009, 11:02
Hey you can get the same kind of arrogant customer service from taurus. They have a lifetime warranty. But, so far in my lifetime they haven't made the problem right. So much for a lifetime warranty. Of course I only spent around $325.00 or so for this unreliable paper weight. The cool thing is they play you all kinds of patronizing Nationalistic music while you wait forever on hold on your dime.

SRJim
02-17-2009, 16:20

Have a great day!

The reason, I didn't read the post here, I read it on a forum he joined only to throw flames when in fact, that forum is about the best place to get help either with the gun or with dealing with Kimber. He's on a cut and paste whiny binge and refuses to accept, comment or even acknowledge other people trying to help what little they can. His point is to whine and moan about what his side of the story is, and it's his side only.

If he was pissed for good reason, a rant would be in order. He's been clear as to why he had a bad experience with Kimber. Besides the fact that finish wear as in his case, is going to be very iffy with any manufacture of a like gun. But when people try to help, ask questions to get more information and he ignores it all for the sake of whining and calling names, his credibility is gone. And he keeps degrading his credibility with each word.

I lurk only, on some forums for good reason. Range Guy is a good example of one of those reasons.

He wants to carry a gun with a spray and bake finish in a $30 holster (his words) that's his thing. He could spend another $100-$120 for a good holster made for the gun or he can spend even less and get an extremely durable finish on the slide. I assume it's the slide he's having a problem with. He won't even go into any detail because I suspect he's pissed at himself and too embarrassed to admit any more detail. All he wants is to do is have everyone gather around and give him a hug and tell him it's someone else's problem. Boo hoo. :tongueout:

I'm done here but I'm sure he will want to jump in and get the last word; be my guest and enjoy it. :supergrin:

SIGShooter
02-17-2009, 17:52
The reason, I didn't read the post here, I read it on a forum he joined only to throw flames when in fact, that forum is about the best place to get help either with the gun or with dealing with Kimber. He's on a cut and paste whiny binge and refuses to accept, comment or even acknowledge other people trying to help what little they can. His point is to whine and moan about what his side of the story is, and it's his side only.

If he was pissed for good reason, a rant would be in order. He's been clear as to why he had a bad experience with Kimber. Besides the fact that finish wear as in his case, is going to be very iffy with any manufacture of a like gun. But when people try to help, ask questions to get more information and he ignores it all for the sake of whining and calling names, his credibility is gone. And he keeps degrading his credibility with each word.

I lurk only, on some forums for good reason. Range Guy is a good example of one of those reasons.

He wants to carry a gun with a spray and bake finish in a $30 holster (his words) that's his thing. He could spend another $100-$120 for a good holster made for the gun or he can spend even less and get an extremely durable finish on the slide. I assume it's the slide he's having a problem with. He won't even go into any detail because I suspect he's pissed at himself and too embarrassed to admit any more detail. All he wants is to do is have everyone gather around and give him a hug and tell him it's someone else's problem. Boo hoo. :tongueout:

I'm done here but I'm sure he will want to jump in and get the last word; be my guest and enjoy it. :supergrin:

So again, you're telling someone where, when and why then can and should post.

Hmmmmm...

Maybe this guy went out, bought a Kimber, could only afford a 30 dollar holster after the purchase and was content with it. Hell I went out and bought a 2600 dollar 1911 and bought a 50 dollar hoslter for it. But hey, the finish didn't wear within the first week.

Of course I went out and bought a 400 dollar Glock and a 60 dollar holster and the finish has yet to wear.

Maybe you have something against someone who talks bad about Kimber? I think that's it.

You have yet to comment on my poor CS that I got from Kimber with the same problem with added rust.

You have yet to comment on the other poor experiences with Kimber CS that others have had.

You should stay done with this thread. You're boring.

Bashing Kimber customer service is more fun!

Virginia1911
02-17-2009, 19:13
I have no idea how the OP carried and what the wear looks like but I will certainly 2nd the notion that Kimber's customer service blows. I bought a Pro TLE LG II from them about a year ago and it was a complete jam-o-matic. Every mag, no matter the make or load or shooter. I sent it back to them on my dime as they give you two options when shipping. They will send you a prepaid label but it takes some time or you can ship to them and they will send you back to mags when they ship the gun back to you. Well the gun came back to me, jammed instantly at the range AND Kimber neglected to send me my two free mags. I will not purchase another one of their products.

Range Guy
02-17-2009, 19:44
So again, you're telling someone where, when and why then can and should post.

Hmmmmm...

Maybe this guy went out, bought a Kimber, could only afford a 30 dollar holster after the purchase and was content with it. Hell I went out and bought a 2600 dollar 1911 and bought a 50 dollar hoslter for it. But hey, the finish didn't wear within the first week.

Of course I went out and bought a 400 dollar Glock and a 60 dollar holster and the finish has yet to wear.

Maybe you have something against someone who talks bad about Kimber? I think that's it.

You have yet to comment on my poor CS that I got from Kimber with the same problem with added rust.

You have yet to comment on the other poor experiences with Kimber CS that others have had.

You should stay done with this thread. You're boring.

Bashing Kimber customer service is more fun!

Thank you I appreciate the kind words. I have stated here and the other forum I had a black hawk serpa and Bianchi carry lock holster. It spent most of its time in the Bianchi which is leather I might add.

BTW Sig Shooter I bought a P229 last week in 9 and am replacing the Kimber with a P239 in 9 or H&K P2000.

slewfoot
02-17-2009, 19:53
seriously....i swear the kimber thumb safety finish would wear out just by looking at it.:supergrin:

That is why I close my eyes whenever I open my gun safe.:supergrin:

SolidGun
02-17-2009, 20:21
thumb safeties don't cost that much to replace, but I really don't mind the wear on that piece. I willing to carry it so I expect some sign of it.
I haven't had any issues with wears on the finish with Kimber and I have SIS and Ultra Aegis. But I only use leather holsters on 1911s.

Substance-P
02-17-2009, 20:49
I have no idea how the OP carried and what the wear looks like but I will certainly 2nd the notion that Kimber's customer service blows. I bought a Pro TLE LG II from them about a year ago and it was a complete jam-o-matic. Every mag, no matter the make or load or shooter. I sent it back to them on my dime as they give you two options when shipping. They will send you a prepaid label but it takes some time or you can ship to them and they will send you back to mags when they ship the gun back to you. Well the gun came back to me, jammed instantly at the range AND Kimber neglected to send me my two free mags. I will not purchase another one of their products.

I was there when VA put the first magazine through his TLE after if came back from Kimber. His face was priceless when the gun jammed on the third round out of the magazine:tongueout:

Blitzer
02-17-2009, 21:05
Nobody around here wanted to believe me when I said such things were so. :dunno:

Range Guy
02-17-2009, 23:02
Nobody around here wanted to believe me when I said such things were so. :dunno:

Wish I would have went with the reviews on the kimbers. JEEZ you go to 1911 forum and I got bashed and told how great kimbers are, and i dont own one, and this that and the other, and it's my fault it had wear after a month. LOL never again I literally just sold the Kimber right now.

Markcuda
02-18-2009, 00:27
Range Guy, don't you ever and I mean ever, go to the 1911forum.com and tell that you had a bad finish on a gun you just bought a month ago from Kimber:rofl::rofl:
Did you just hear me boy, don't let this happen again:rofl::rofl:
Some richos(sp) know it alls will set you straight:supergrin:

Range Guy
02-18-2009, 00:49
Range Guy, don't you ever and I mean ever, go to the 1911forum.com and tell that you had a bad finish on a gun you just bought a month ago from Kimber:rofl::rofl:
Did you just hear me boy, don't let this happen again:rofl::rofl:
Some richos(sp) know it alls will set you straight:supergrin:

Yeah ya' think

Gary1911A1
02-18-2009, 05:21
The first Kimbers, Pre-Series II, were worth buying, but about the time they started the Series II quality went out the window. I won't buy one now as the chances of problems working and no real customer service is a problem I don't want to deal with.

eljay45
02-18-2009, 08:29
Wish I would have went with the reviews on the kimbers. JEEZ you go to 1911 forum and I got bashed and told how great kimbers are, and i dont own one, and this that and the other, and it's my fault it had wear

You got bashed because you signed up there just to complain and immediately started calling people names. You ignored several requests for pictures ( you didn't even acknowledge the requests)and you refuse to believe that your holster could damage the finish in short order. You are trying to compare a spray on finish to the Glock finish, Glocks is better and a minimal amount of research would have told you that.

As far as Kimbers being great guns, they have been producing 40k plus a year for several years, it's only reasonable to think that there are some happy cutomers around. You should have expected a few people to tell you they were happy with their pistols. You apparently only wanted replies that agreed with you.

What was said between you and the CS rep is something that only you and the rep know for sure. So I'll leave that alone except to say that the customer is not always right and being polite usually yields better results.

I doubt many companies warranty the finish on a pistol that has been holstered. There are to many variables such as the holster and how many times it has been holsterd. Some could easily holster and reholster 1000s of times in a month.

I'm glad you didn't have any trouble selling the Kimber.

Range Guy
02-18-2009, 10:31
You got bashed because you signed up there just to complain and immediately started calling people names. You ignored several requests for pictures ( you didn't even acknowledge the requests)and you refuse to believe that your holster could damage the finish in short order. You are trying to compare a spray on finish to the Glock finish, Glocks is better and a minimal amount of research would have told you that.

As far as Kimbers being great guns, they have been producing 40k plus a year for several years, it's only reasonable to think that there are some happy cutomers around. You should have expected a few people to tell you they were happy with their pistols. You apparently only wanted replies that agreed with you.

What was said between you and the CS rep is something that only you and the rep know for sure. So I'll leave that alone except to say that the customer is not always right and being polite usually yields better results.

I doubt many companies warranty the finish on a pistol that has been holstered. There are to many variables such as the holster and how many times it has been holsterd. Some could easily holster and reholster 1000s of times in a month.

I'm glad you didn't have any trouble selling the Kimber.

I never said a holster wouldnt cause wear. I dont think it should wear in a month. As far as sending pics. Why bother when there telling me I dont own a Kimber and I am just talking ish. As far as calling someone out or calling them names. That was after I was attacked on there and here by that person. Thanks for your opinion have a nice day.

Gary1911A1
02-18-2009, 11:15
In support of the OP I had a similar experience with Kimber regarding one of their external extractors. I sent it back at my own expense and if anything it failed to extract fired cases even more. No more Kimbers for me.

Markcuda
02-18-2009, 11:18
Don't dare and go over to the Kimber forums and say this false stuff:rofl::rofl::rofl:

eljay45
02-18-2009, 11:56
I had a similar experience with Kimber regarding one of their external extractors. I sent it back at my own expense and if anything it failed to extract fired cases even more.

Been there done that. My Pro Raptor with EE made 2 trips to Yonkers and Kimber had it for almost 3 months total. That was right at the beginning of the EE to IE swap. It sucked to have my $1100 gun not work right out of the box. I din't like it but I didn't think it was worth loosing any sleep over. I had confidence that they would fix it.

Everyone I talked to at Kimber was helpful and polite.

It now runs fine and I've been carrying it daily for over 3 years.

eljay45
02-18-2009, 12:15
I never said a holster wouldnt cause wear. I dont think it should wear in a month. As far as sending pics. Why bother when there telling me I dont own a Kimber and I am just talking ish.

Actually only one poster suggested you didn't own a Kimber, that was the 54th and final reply to your thread. After at least 6 requests for pictures.

If your goal is truely to educate people about the finish a picture would be worth 1000 posts.

haku_gin15
02-18-2009, 12:35
Hey Markcuda.

The 'richos (sp)' is "righteous"

Just helping out.

Markcuda
02-18-2009, 23:57
Just helping out.
I knew some one would:wavey::hugs:

jonusmcg
02-22-2009, 22:36
Range Boy I mean guy,

Damn!.......Overboard I might say! Sheesh, give the guy a break. I'd be pissed too if my gun started showing wear that soon. My advice to the OP: Kimber CS sucks and I would look elsewhere for a new coating or a new gun altogether...I learned my lesson.

Gonzoso
02-25-2009, 02:04
I dropped 1,200 on a Kimber Pro Carry HD II with all the bells and whistles and was not happy with it. It was not as accurate as I hoped it would be. I was bummed and sold it at a loss. I have shot plenty of 1911's well but that Kimber was not great. Not 1,200 worth of great. Had I paid 400$ it would have been ok. Sold it for 650.

Swattie
02-25-2009, 10:09
Hmm. I got an all black Pro Carry II. No problems with the finish, no problems with rust (that is because I clean it after every range trip and put a light coat of break free on it and wipe it off.) Metal guns tend to need more care is all.

Evenflo76
02-25-2009, 10:22
This is exactly why I carry my cheap RIA parkerized pistol and leave my high end custom in a warm and fuzzy velevet bag.

LabTech
02-25-2009, 15:59
My UCII showed this much wear after a couple of months. The holster however, was a cheap plastic OWB one from SA. I've since moved on to a leather OWB holster. The wear never did really bother me as I bought it to pack, not baby. The pistol is stupid accurate and flawlessly reliable. It is my EDC and I never leave home without it.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/SewerDog/100_0714.jpg

ArmoryDoc
04-23-2010, 00:36
Now that gun has character. A personality. It looks, "comfortable", if you will.

Reignman
04-23-2010, 12:43
I'll post very simply.... Having owned Sigs, Glocks, Springfields, Berettas, Rock Islands, High Standards, Kel-tecs, KAHR's and Kimbers...

I only Have Glocks, Springfields and Rock Islands... Based HEAVILY on customer service and reliability, performance and "sexyness"...

My $1300+ Kimber when having issues with FTE's was told "Hey dude, put about 500-1000 rounds through it... if it hangs up still call us back.

Never again Kimber... My "Cheap" High Standards and RIA haven't hung up and they were a fraction of the price. And, when I had the dumbest issue ever, their customer service ROCKED.

KAHR's was excellent as well.

Call Fred at Glock, he's THE man.

Hokie1911
04-23-2010, 13:57
Was about to get a Kimber ProCarry, but after hearing TONS of similar Kimber customer service horror stories, I decided my hard-earned near $1k would be better spent elsewhere. Ended up spending a few hundred more and going with a DW. Heard nothing but good things about Keith and DW customer service.