Interesting new Glock variation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new Glock variation

Glock30fan
02-14-2009, 00:39
It seems Glock is now importing Austrian proofed and date coded guns to fill the supply vacuum created by Obama's election. The guns have "Glock Inc. Smyrna, GA" stamped on the underside of the trigger guard as required by Federal law since the right grip panel on these guns intended for other markets does not have that wording.

Check out some photos and info here:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1971086351

Solitaire
02-17-2009, 18:37
I saw one of these today at a local shop (G19 for $529 + tax). Are they of interest to collecters? The clerk talked like they'd be snatched up quickly because of the Austrian proof marks.

quichedem
02-23-2009, 10:18
Pretty sweet. I'd surely snatch one up if I had the spare cash! The only GLOCKs with proofs come from Austria, so I'd imagine they'd be of a littel value down the road (unfired).

Quail Fat
02-26-2009, 19:57
I've been wanting one of these for a very long time.

I got one, and even though it's the same as an American Market Glock, the European models seem more "authentic".

Graves
02-26-2009, 20:08

I got one, and even though it's the same as an American Market Glock, the European models seem more "authentic".

Yeah like slapping a Type R badge on a civic, or Euro license plates on a VW Golf. Totally EDM yo:faint:

JBP55
02-28-2009, 20:25

I have a few.

maherdabum
03-16-2009, 21:17
I bought my Glock 19 from a local shop and it took nearly 4 weeks to come in. I bought the 23 on the same day and the gun arrived two days later.

I never knew the 19 was that popular.

Maherdabum

The Ultimate Glock Collector
17,19,20,21,22,23,26,27,29,30,31,32C,33!

nsabjg
03-24-2009, 14:20
I just bought a G19 with the proof marks at a local shop(Pensacola FL) for $509.

MurrayNevada
03-27-2009, 06:04
Pretty sweet. I'd surely snatch one up if I had the spare cash! The only GLOCKs with proofs come from Austria, so I'd imagine they'd be of a littel value down the road (unfired).
In relation to the term "unfired." Aren't they all fired before shipment? How could the gun be considered unfired?

Thyank you

MakeMineA10mm
03-27-2009, 22:01
Murray,
Without willfully putting words in his mouth, I think he means that if the pistol is unfired once it clears the factory, it will look to be in very good shape, hence worth more money. It's one of those things where it makes sense in context, and when you break it down (take it out of context), it's not 100% perfectly true.

MurrayNevada
03-28-2009, 05:16
Murray,
Without willfully putting words in his mouth, I think he means that if the pistol is unfired once it clears the factory, it will look to be in very good shape, hence worth more money. It's one of those things where it makes sense in context, and when you break it down (take it out of context), it's not 100% perfectly true.

I understand and thank you for your explanantion. I was interested because I recently bought an "Austrian Proofed" G19 to put away for 15+ years to hopefully give to a grandson some day. I took it from the gunstore to the safe where it will remain. My only concern has been wondering if the fouling from proofing and test firung will have an adverse effect on the condition of the pistol in future years.

Ordinarily I would never store a weapon after shooting without a proper cleaning but I also know that future value could be lessened when trying to "clean up" things that may someday become collectables. Still not sure what to do.

PS: You signature line made nme smile as I was a guest many years ago at a small base far away named after "Old Gimlet Eye."

sgt rock
04-06-2009, 17:57
I understand and thank you for your explanantion. I was interested because I recently bought an "Austrian Proofed" G19 to put away for 15+ years to hopefully give to a grandson some day. I took it from the gunstore to the safe where it will remain. My only concern has been wondering if the fouling from proofing and test firung will have an adverse effect on the condition of the pistol in future years.

Ordinarily I would never store a weapon after shooting without a proper cleaning but I also know that future value could be lessened when trying to "clean up" things that may someday become collectables. Still not sure what to do.

PS: You signature line made nme smile as I was a guest many years ago at a small base far away named after "Old Gimlet Eye."

What ever firearm you own wether unfired or not , always take it out of the safe once in awhile and oil it and check for rust. So dont worry about cleaning it .Just look on the auction sites and you'll see beautiful S@W revolvers that were neglected and have rust spots thus killing the value. If you want to keep its value just dont paint it pink or stripple the grips with a soldering iron.

GunOneDown
04-09-2009, 20:48
so I wonder what models are being shipped with the proofs? I would love to have another M20 while the stamp.

about the 19's being popular is they are used for Conceal Carry alot and action shooting as I seen lately. 23's are in the same popularity category.

GunsRUs
04-18-2009, 19:31
I got a new in the box Austrian Proof marked G-19 today my local gun dealer. I wont post the price as I got it at cost but suffice it to say it was excellent and it is the blue label version with 3 mags. It is going in the safe as I already have a Gen 3 Glock 19. I just could not pass this up with the Austrian proof mark.:wow:

Sherlock Glock
05-15-2009, 09:31
I bought my Glock 19 from a local shop and it took nearly 4 weeks to come in. I bought the 23 on the same day and the gun arrived two days later.

I never knew the 19 was that popular.

Maherdabum

The Ultimate Glock Collector
17,19,20,21,22,23,26,27,29,30,31,32C,33!

:wavey: When you decide to fill out your collection with:
G17L, G24C, G34, G35, G37, G38, G39.
Let me know. I have owned every glock model made except the 380's
and the G18 ( but have shot them)

Glock9Master
06-17-2009, 11:22
Hey MurrayNevada all Glocks come with a copper lube from the factory so that they can be stored for a prolonged period of time without drying out. 15 years will test the SPEC380 however I don't know how long the grease will last on the firing pin. You might want to call Glock and see what methods they recomend

Arcana
06-17-2009, 14:20
Yeah like slapping a Type R badge on a civic, or Euro license plates on a VW Golf. Totally EDM yo:faint:Hey man, don't front! The average "Type R" badge is good for 45-50 WHP over stock. It's based on the same physics model that tells us that applying carbon fiber over your existing dash panels somehow makes your car lighter.:supergrin:

I hear those Austrian Proof Marks can add 450 FPS* to a 115 grain 9mm.

*once VTEC kicks in

tampashooters
06-27-2009, 09:51
Glock did not send these to fulfill anything. These were part of a large order cancellation, and they just sent these to the U.S.

They are worth the same as any other Glock.

m4arc
06-27-2009, 17:54
You mean like this one?

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/AustrianG19008.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/AustrianG19004.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/AustrianG19003.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/AustrianG19001.jpg

:supergrin:

I don't think they're worth anything more than a regular Glock and I didn't pay any more than the regular price but I have a 21 year old G19 with the same markings so I thought it would be cool to have a new one as well.