Hi Everyone new female shooter here! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone new female shooter here!

Lyte-
02-15-2009, 11:33
Hi Ladies!

I am just getting into the sport. I am really a big motorcycle rider but had a minor accident in Nov which has caused me to be off my bike since then and I will soon have a surgery which will keep me off my bike for another 6 months.

I decided I needed a new hobby in the mean time and picked up guns.

My dad was weapons expert for the military but its been a while since I had actually shot one.

My friend has 2 baretta's a 9mm and a 40cal so we started off at the range with that. One of my guy friends brought his sig 45 along with us.

Next time at the range my friend let me shoot his ruger 10/22 (I guess he said he spent $1000 customizing it) and I feel in love with that thing!

I would have to say it was a lie if the fact that it shoots the cheaper 22 ammo isn't a big plus.

I also shot his browing 9mm which i liked and was very accurate.

Anyways I am on the hunt for a 10/22 and a glock right now and I will most likely pick up my friends 40 baretta since she wants to sell it.

deadday
02-15-2009, 12:36
(Not a lady) but welcome aboard!

Lyte-
02-15-2009, 22:30
Thank you!

Nebrcowgirl
02-16-2009, 07:40
Great to see you found the gate at Glock talk .There's only a handful of women shooters here .Glad to hear you love the smell of gun powder.You may try the want ads at Glock Talk,you may find what your looking for.Or there are several auctions on line that sell guns OLA.com is one of them and there are others.http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/wavey%5B1%5D.gif
Hope your day has sun filled windows.

Nicko
05-08-2009, 15:52
<<<<<Not a lady either, although some think I am because of the avatar. :dunno: Just wanted to welcome you aboard. It's always great to see a women with interest in firearms. :thumbsup:

ShootCraps
05-08-2009, 16:07
There was a woman who was laid up in a wheelchair for a whole summer. She spent the time dry firing her guns and practicing. When she got back on her feet, she came out of nowhere to win a national womans championship.

Welcome to the sport.

FrogWithAGlock
05-08-2009, 21:00
Welcome! There are never too many women in the sport!

I am a fairly new shooter, too. Just got my first pistol last November (Glock 19). I am having a great time becoming acquainted with my new "hobby".

Do you have any women's shooting groups in your area? We have one that meets twice a month, for taget practice, self defense, law review, etc (as well as practicing on our own). Tons of rfun.

GT is great - lots of info, and friendly folks willing to answer any questions that might arise!

NDC187
05-09-2009, 21:32
Hi Ladies!

I am just getting into the sport. I am really a big motorcycle rider but had a minor accident in Nov which has caused me to be off my bike since then and I will soon have a surgery which will keep me off my bike for another 6 months.

I decided I needed a new hobby in the mean time and picked up guns.

My dad was weapons expert for the military but its been a while since I had actually shot one.

My friend has 2 baretta's a 9mm and a 40cal so we started off at the range with that. One of my guy friends brought his sig 45 along with us.

Next time at the range my friend let me shoot his ruger 10/22 (I guess he said he spent $1000 customizing it) and I feel in love with that thing!

I would have to say it was a lie if the fact that it shoots the cheaper 22 ammo isn't a big plus.

I also shot his browing 9mm which i liked and was very accurate.

Anyways I am on the hunt for a 10/22 and a glock right now and I will most likely pick up my friends 40 baretta since she wants to sell it.

Welcome (not a lady either). Sorry to hear about your accident. What kind of bike did you have?

Shooting is a great sport and also good for self-defense. Ruger makes excellent 10/22's. Glock and Beretta are great combat pistols. The .40 cal is a very capable round.

40 Cal Joe
05-10-2009, 05:33
Welcome, we need more women shooters.

Lone_Wolfe
05-14-2009, 04:35
Welcome to the forum, Lyte- :wavey:

<-------- IS a lady

<--------is in the Military

<--------Used to shoot and collect guns. You can pick up where I left off. :wavey:

Mr V
05-14-2009, 10:12
Glad to have you aboard.
My wife LOVES her 10/22. Its hers and I don't get to use it!!(along with several other that are HERS only).

ubimow
05-15-2009, 19:20
Welcome. Now we need to convince you to get a Glock or three. :wavey:

G26packer
05-21-2009, 19:21
Welcome! Good to have you aboard!

ar15
05-21-2009, 19:38
welcome