"I go behind the lines and abduct people" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "I go behind the lines and abduct people"

4095fanatic
02-15-2009, 21:32
I'm pretty sure this guy is just blowing smoke, but before I call him out I thought I'd do a little research. This guy claims:

1. He's a captain in the USAF.
2. He's not part of any group... he's called as needed for special ops.
3. He goes behind enemy lines to abduct people.
4. He's not based out of any set location either.
5. He's kinda an S3... more of an S2.

I have an army friend who claims he told her he was based out of Ft. Meade... he didn't really seem too up to speed on USAF stuff. He had no idea what wings were nearby (I'm not even in the USAF and I can at least name a few out of Dover and Andrews), had no idea what most of the specialties were, etc. Also, I've met some SF guys and most of them don't tell you what they do off the bat, and when they do they don't tend to brag a whole lot. Talked to a guy once for a few minutes thinking he was just an infantryman in the army... later found out he's a decorated DS1 veteran who went in on the ground before the air war with a ranger team. Ditto for a friend's son who was just a "regular seaman"... later found out he's a SEAL.

Anyway, this guy just didn't seem to jive and he's applying for the fire department here as a volunteer and I'd rather not take him in if he's actually an E-1 with delusions of grandeur, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He claims he's not a firefighter with the airforce cause all they do it "drink beer and sit around because planes never crash, really". *sigh*. Anyone have any ideas before I send him packing?

sdglock22
02-15-2009, 22:26
Well if he's talking about Ft. Meade Sturgis SD, it hasn't seen active military duty since Custers day I think, quite a time anyway. It has a veterens hospital and is used for some training of sorts but don't think they run any special ops out of it. But then again what better place to run a special ops unit from than an outdated Ft. LOL

deadday
02-15-2009, 22:54
If by 'go behind the lines and abduct people' he means 'I go to the PX and abduct Doritos'

betyourlife
02-15-2009, 23:10
Did he tell you he is trained in the deadly secret toe gouges of Pakistani Airborne troops too? :upeyes:

Texas357
02-16-2009, 00:27
Next time he tells you that, look him in the eye while you speak into your wristwatch "We've got a security breach, he's a talker."

See what he does.

4095fanatic
02-17-2009, 06:01
Well if he's talking about Ft. Meade Sturgis SD, it hasn't seen active military duty since Custers day I think, quite a time anyway. It has a veterens hospital and is used for some training of sorts but don't think they run any special ops out of it. But then again what better place to run a special ops unit from than an outdated Ft. LOL

Ft. Meade, MD. NSA has their main campus there. If he'd told me he was intel I might have believed him.

chuckman
02-17-2009, 09:10
Holy crap, but a load. Idiot of the highest magnitude.

4095fanatic
02-17-2009, 19:48
Just figured I'd check and see if there was any chance he was credible before I called him out. I have the highest respect for special ops guys and wouldn't want to demean one by accident... but yeah I pretty much had him 99.9% pegged as a tool from the start.

Ralff
02-18-2009, 07:55
Just figured I'd check and see if there was any chance he was credible before I called him out. I have the highest respect for special ops guys and wouldn't want to demean one by accident... but yeah I pretty much had him 99.9% pegged as a tool from the start.

If he was legit he wouldn't be telling you.

All the specops guys I know won't talk about ***** unless I really pry, and that stuff is unclass. I think "abducting people" would probably fall on the classified side.

4TS&W
02-18-2009, 08:21
Ask him the color of the boathouse door at Hereford.. :)

MrMurphy
02-24-2009, 13:20
Ask to see his 214 if he's out, or speak to his superior officer if he's in.

That'll clear it up REAL quick.

I've never known another special ops type to openly say what they are up front unless you know them well, or you're both in uniform and it's kind of obvious (PJ talking to a cop, etc).

And PJs go behind the lines and RESCUE people.........nobody in the AF goes around abducting them. Blow stuff up? Sure. Call in airstrikes or set up airfields? Yeah. But not abductions.

Skycop1
03-02-2009, 09:47
He could be an OSI Agent (Air Force Office of Special Investigations). We work outside the wire “with” special ops frequently; however, we are counterintelligence officers. Although we don’t exactly “snatch” people, one of our wartime missions is to collect intelligence and create target packages for the spec ops folks to serve (snatching bad guys). We are sometimes present when this happens. I would be surprised if this guy was an OSI agent though as most are pretty humble (of course there is always an exception). Being that part of our law enforcement mission is arson investigation I would assume he would have more respect for the Air Force Fire department.

FYI: There are no officers in the Air Force Fire Department, they are all enlisted. If he is a Capt then I imagin that is why he his not one. If he is an OSI agent he would be a "Special Agent" but he would still have a military rank (E5-07 or civilian fed). Usually the rank is masked untill they are higher up (SMSgt or Maj). This is not a hard rule but pretty standard.

ammobaggett
03-20-2009, 07:33
I have to agree with Skycop1. My brother is also OSI and I have a slight knowledge of what they do. I personally have been AFSOC my entire career minus one year in Korea. AFSOC stands for Air Force Special Operations Command. I'm very proud of that. To me, it seems that this guy is full of it. I have been deployed eight different times since 9/11 so I have been able to live in the same compounds as some really awesome organizations. These guys are very humble and wouldn't go around bragging about that. They would actually perfer for you not to know what they do. Find out how old this guy is. You have to think that first he must complete college and then on top of that it takes time until he reaches the rank of Captain. Personally speaking, my brother is currently a Captain and he is 32 years old. So if he's no older than 29 or so, I would cut him off there. Find out if he had an "Honorable Discharge" and then ask for proof. I hate it when people try to take credit for things that other people risk their lives to do.

deadday
03-20-2009, 10:50
IF that is what he was doing:

1) he wouldn't be talking about it
2) he' know there are no 'lines' to go behind
3) he wouldn't be talking about it

Guitar Guy
03-20-2009, 14:46
I'm pretty sure this guy is just blowing smoke, but before I call him out I thought I'd do a little research. This guy claims:

1. He's a captain in the USAF.
2. He's not part of any group... he's called as needed for special ops.
3. He goes behind enemy lines to abduct people.
4. He's not based out of any set location either.
5. He's kinda an S3... more of an S2.

I have an army friend who claims he told her he was based out of Ft. Meade... he didn't really seem too up to speed on USAF stuff. He had no idea what wings were nearby (I'm not even in the USAF and I can at least name a few out of Dover and Andrews), had no idea what most of the specialties were, etc. Also, I've met some SF guys and most of them don't tell you what they do off the bat, and when they do they don't tend to brag a whole lot. Talked to a guy once for a few minutes thinking he was just an infantryman in the army... later found out he's a decorated DS1 veteran who went in on the ground before the air war with a ranger team. Ditto for a friend's son who was just a "regular seaman"... later found out he's a SEAL.

Anyway, this guy just didn't seem to jive and he's applying for the fire department here as a volunteer and I'd rather not take him in if he's actually an E-1 with delusions of grandeur, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He claims he's not a firefighter with the airforce cause all they do it "drink beer and sit around because planes never crash, really". *sigh*. Anyone have any ideas before I send him packing?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

deadday
03-20-2009, 14:47
Wait a minute...he's one of those uber-cool-tactical guys that gets called in when th SEALs/SF/PJs need help right? :upeyes:

Guitar Guy
03-20-2009, 15:02
Wait a minute...he's one of those uber-cool-tactical guys that gets called in when th SEALs/SF/PJs need help right? :upeyes:

:rofl::rofl: This keep's getting better !:popcorn:

deadday
03-20-2009, 15:07
I've got this guy beat by a mile...I served as door gunner on the space shuttle for 3 years...

Guitar Guy
03-20-2009, 15:57
I've got this guy beat by a mile...I served as door gunner on the space shuttle for 3 years...

SO YOUR THE GUY THAT GOT THE JOB ! :50cal:

Blitzer
03-20-2009, 16:53

Nice hardware:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa288/Blitzer0101/guns/GAU-19_3.jpg

mbramsa
03-21-2009, 09:53
Personally speaking, my brother is currently a Captain and he is 32 years old. So if he's no older than 29 or so, I would cut him off there.

Usually junior captains are 25 or 26 and hit the promotion zone for major around 29 or 30. The vast majority graduate highschool at 17 or 18, spend 4 years in college making them 21 or 22 when they graduate, then it takes 4 years to make captain.

adenjustice20
04-10-2009, 00:16
If he was for real he wouldn't be blabbing his mouth. Is he dumb or what?

1 old 0311
04-10-2009, 06:48
My Father worked for the CIA after WW2. Till the day he died he NEVER spoke a word about it.

Texas357
04-10-2009, 09:20
If he was for real he wouldn't be blabbing his mouth. Is he dumb or what?

Pretty good cover though. Now nobody will believe he's the real thing.

Bohica1998
04-10-2009, 13:41
Wish I could remember where the link to the "Mall Ninja" story was. This guy sounds like a cousin or something!

The OP would probably get a kick out of it. Until he realized "Hey, this guy sounds familiar!" LOL!!!

SAWMAN
04-15-2009, 19:06
..........that I worked at Area 51 I got to see lots of strange creatures. Some of which I was formally introduced to by the President.

Gun Shark
04-15-2009, 19:14
..........that I worked at Area 51 I got to see lots of strange creatures. Some of which I was formally introduced to by the President.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sticky Grips
04-15-2009, 19:43
most of the servicemen that i have run across that have those crazy jobs are the quiet, odd type.

They didn't talk about their jobs much.

adenjustice20
04-16-2009, 22:37
I like your quote Texas.

JimBianchi
04-16-2009, 23:11
There are a few ADAF stationed at Ft. Meade, they were my instructors and support personal at DINFOS (Defense Information School) (http://www.dinfos.dma.mil/index.asp)

I did meet a few folks at the gym who were ADAF and assigned in "other" parts of the base. From what I understand they were strictly analysts and from the way they worked out, I believe them.

All the hero types I met there were not chatty-Cathy's and for a good reason, their job required them to remain under the radar and they took it very seriously.

Texas357
04-17-2009, 11:53
I like your quote Texas.

Thanks. It is from a book on beliefs in witchcraft in the middle ages.

Jeepnik
04-24-2009, 16:55
So, did he get into her pants? Seems like that's what this operation is all about.:rofl: