Out of state FFL transfers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Out of state FFL transfers

magic
02-16-2009, 09:41
Hey everyone,

I have a couple transfers coming in from out of state in the next month or so and I need a good FFl to work with. I have used Master Shooters Supply the last few times I did transfers and I had nothing but problems. After the first time, I said I would give them another chance, but after the last one I just can't do it again. I don't mind giving them business when it's something I can walk in and buy on the spot. But I can't trust them to ship/receive anything for me again.

So, is there someone else (preferably on the west side, but I don't really care that much) that y'all recommend?

jpa
02-16-2009, 10:41
I highly recommend Glen at Bargain Pawn. It's on LV Blvd just south of Lake Mead in North town. $50 out the door, including the background check.

1337-G
02-16-2009, 10:48
Henderson Defense (http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/main.sc)

Henderson Defense Industries, LLC
145 Gibson Road, Suite E
Henderson, NV 89014

Phone: 702.566.1000 Fax: 702.262-939

magic
02-16-2009, 11:06
Thanks for the tips. BTW, Master Shooters was $25....nice price. Unfortunately it came with poor service. Is $50 at Bargain Pawn considered a good price?

1337-G
02-16-2009, 13:21
Well that price no doubt reflects the new reality that a NV CCW (if you have one) no longer exempts you from the $25 NICS rape that the state charges to do something the Feds will do for free. So assuming $20-25 for the transfer and $25 for the rape, you get $50 as being a "reasonable" price now.

Bargain Pawn sucks by the way. Used to be the place to go when Glenn was in charge, but now the new management could care less about guns or transfers. Last time I was there they did the whole thing right out in the open, at the front counter of the store complete with gang bangers walking around rather than in the gun cage where they used to. It also took 45 minutes to do.

jpa
02-18-2009, 01:18
Sorry, I don't know if I made it clear. The $50 includes the $25 state background check, so the fee they are charging is actually $25.

1337-G, is there something you know that I don't? One of the guys I work with knows Glenn very well and as far as he says, Glenn is still running the gun and coin biz there. As a matter of fact, I just bought a pile of Glock mags from him last Friday. Inquiring minds want to know....

crazypilot
02-18-2009, 03:59
I've always used Discount Firearms. They charge $25 for FFL use and $25 for background check. I've never had a problem with them. However, you have to call and check to see if your firearm came in. They will not call you.

magic
02-18-2009, 09:24
I've bought from Discount before, I could give them another chance.

1337-G
02-18-2009, 15:17
Sorry, I don't know if I made it clear. The $50 includes the $25 state background check, so the fee they are charging is actually $25.

1337-G, is there something you know that I don't? One of the guys I work with knows Glenn very well and as far as he says, Glenn is still running the gun and coin biz there. As a matter of fact, I just bought a pile of Glock mags from him last Friday. Inquiring minds want to know....

Glenn is still running the gun side of things but the only issue is that he apparently no longer has anything to do with incoming transfers. My personal experience was lousy and I have first hand knowledge of a few others that are displeased, all more recently than me, for the same reasons. It's not a slight on Glenn at all but rather the owners of the business who don't treat gun transfer customers properly.