shooting partner [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shooting partner

crazycathed
02-16-2009, 23:03
I recently bought my first gun 3 months ago and been shooting by myself. I'm starting to lose intrest and going more infrequently. it's already been over a month since I been to a range. everyone I know don't want anything to do with guns.they think it's a weak excuse to own one for self defense, so it seems I'm by myself on this. I live in cincinnati but have been as far north as vandalia armory. I'd like to find someone who I can shoot a couple hundred rounds with every once in a while. If anyone's inerested in a shooting partner PM me.:dunno:

kelsitone
02-16-2009, 23:07
:welcome:

PM coming your way.

Soulless One
02-17-2009, 01:36
Damn, I wish we were a bit closer to each other. I'm up in Cleveland but I'm in almost the same situation my man. I just got my first gun (G23) two months ago. Like you, most of my friends have no interest in going to the range. And a few that do always seem to have an excuse why they can't go. My buddy also bought his first gun (S&W M&P .40) the same day I got mine. But he's the type of guy who bought a Crimson Trace laser specifically because he doesn't WANT to practice much. So he joins my friends in the excuse crew: out of town, Cavs game on, its too expensive, blah blah blah. Any excuse not to practice...

Like you, I'd love to go the range on a semi-regular basis as I do enjoy it and I desperately need the practice. But I find it rather lame to go alone. It feels like going to a movie or a bar alone... I just can't do it. I'd much rather have someone to shoot with, especially another relative newbie so we can learn WTF we're doing together. Oh well, if you're ever in NE Ohio send a PM my way.

crazycathed
02-17-2009, 15:28
my first was gonna be a taurus judge but I was just short of the asking price. then I saw he had a 1911 he advertized as a rock river for $425. I didn't know this price was way low of what they usually go for or I would have known it was a mistake. it turned out to be a rock island 1911 so I bought it . a month later I was looking for a good conceal carry piece. I shopped for whatever would fit well in my hand.it turned out to be a S&W .40.

joedoc
02-17-2009, 15:57
hi crazycathed. where do you shoot?
i am in cinti.

crazycathed
02-17-2009, 16:20
I been shooting at shooters in kentucky and target world. there's an outdoor range in caesars creek but I haven't been there yet.

get2now
02-17-2009, 16:51
Try shooting some competition.
Go here and find a club near you. http://www.uspsa.org/

Good luck,
G

crazycathed
02-17-2009, 17:18
I am far from doing competition.I have a 50% hit rate at 25 yards and that's not center mass. that's shooting at a 23X35" target.

joedoc
02-17-2009, 20:34
i think you are referring to spring valley---it is near caesars creek.
you can buy passes for spring valley next time you go to target world

pps_dad
02-21-2009, 19:07
I recently bought my first gun 3 months ago and been shooting by myself. I'm starting to lose intrest and going more infrequently. it's already been over a month since I been to a range. everyone I know don't want anything to do with guns.they think it's a weak excuse to own one for self defense, so it seems I'm by myself on this. I live in cincinnati but have been as far north as vandalia armory. I'd like to find someone who I can shoot a couple hundred rounds with every once in a while. If anyone's inerested in a shooting partner PM me.:dunno:

Come check out the forum at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/index.php and see if the any of the members are from around you. I'm sure they would be happy to have a reason to go shooting more. A lot of good people hanging around there with a lot of knowledge available. Come on over and hope to see you there.

Quack
02-28-2009, 17:37
Damn, I wish we were a bit closer to each other. I'm up in Cleveland but I'm in almost the same situation my man. I just got my first gun (G23) two months ago. Like you, most of my friends have no interest in going to the range. And a few that do always seem to have an excuse why they can't go. My buddy also bought his first gun (S&W M&P .40) the same day I got mine. But he's the type of guy who bought a Crimson Trace laser specifically because he doesn't WANT to practice much. So he joins my friends in the excuse crew: out of town, Cavs game on, its too expensive, blah blah blah. Any excuse not to practice...

Like you, I'd love to go the range on a semi-regular basis as I do enjoy it and I desperately need the practice. But I find it rather lame to go alone. It feels like going to a movie or a bar alone... I just can't do it. I'd much rather have someone to shoot with, especially another relative newbie so we can learn WTF we're doing together. Oh well, if you're ever in NE Ohio send a PM my way.

hit me up some time, i'm in the Cleveland area.
my friends & i always go shooting.
i think we are going tomorrow.

Roger2fan
03-02-2009, 19:09
If your ever in the Columbus area we have a few nice ranges and I'm always ready to shoot a few rounds

LMegois
03-06-2009, 22:57
What do you shoot?

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

stgha
03-15-2009, 19:32
2nd on the Columbus invite.
I am usualy at the range every Sunday, and would be more than happy to punch some holes with a fellow GT'er