police shooting in edsa yesterday night [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : police shooting in edsa yesterday night

3kings
02-18-2009, 04:57
did you see the video in the news this evening?

an abs cbn news team took video of police (not wearing uniform) with long arms shot a suspect pointblank inside car twice

grabe!

so whats the story?

edtf
02-18-2009, 05:14
did you see the video in the news this evening?

an abs cbn news team took video of police (not wearing uniform) with long arms shot a suspect pointblank inside car twice

grabe!

so whats the story?

Here is the article and video clip:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/02/18/09/3-killed-police-rubout-qc

bikethief
02-18-2009, 05:50
Too many bullets, too little training, too much adrenaline, no tactics whatsoever.

Let's just hope the perps in the car were really hardened criminals.

The CHR is gonna be b****ing about this for a long time!

PMMA97
02-18-2009, 06:45
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1001293

Mang Danny
02-18-2009, 18:13
So nothing has changed since we migrated, salvage pa rin.:shakehead:

productionguy
02-18-2009, 18:36
malaki ang pinagbago mang danny....dati kinukuha ang suspect sa bahay or hide out then sinasalvage tapos tinatapon sa ilog or sa gubat....
ngayon sinasalvage na sa harap ng maraming tao at ginagawan na ng script para maging isang pelikula...pero kulang pa din sa galing ang director at mga artista kaya hindi nagiging pang awards night...flop palagi ang pelikula
tsk tsk tsk...tamang intensyon sa maling paraan,,,pwede naman nilang gawing tahimik at hindi na dapat ibulgar ng ganun...

edtf
02-18-2009, 19:04
malaki ang pinagbago mang danny....dati kinukuha ang suspect sa bahay or hide out then sinasalvage tapos tinatapon sa ilog or sa gubat....
ngayon sinasalvage na sa harap ng maraming tao at ginagawan na ng script para maging isang pelikula...pero kulang pa din sa galing ang director at mga artista kaya hindi nagiging pang awards night...flop palagi ang pelikula
tsk tsk tsk...tamang intensyon sa maling paraan,,,pwede naman nilang gawing tahimik at hindi na dapat ibulgar ng ganun...

Same sentiments exactly - geeezzz great minds think a like! Too brazen for me.
Half of me says good for them but the other half says not that way

3kings
02-18-2009, 20:02
hindi ba kayo natatakot?
WHAT IF napagkamalan lang yun and the intelligence report (or lack of) sumablay?
WHAT IF the badguys used the same car as the one you are using?

it looks like the some LEOs nowadays shoot first before asking. very very disturbing!

now if that particular situation happened to you and you where mistaken as the badguy simply because your vehicle looks like the one they are chasing. you as a responsible gun owner saw an unmarked, not uniformed people chasing you with guns... WHAT WILL YOU DO?

will this be a case of its better them (dead) than me situation? then get a good lawyer

very scary!

bikethief
02-18-2009, 20:10
Eric, that's why I installed a big bike rack on my roof and lots of stickers on my rear windshield. So my car doesn't look like any other car on the road!

Try painting polkadots or a big spongebob on your hood to identify your car. Your uniqueness will keep you alive!

3kings
02-18-2009, 20:19
Tim, you are right. my kids are fond of spongebob and patrick too. time to put the sticker on my car

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/happytschuli/spongebob.gif

and im a homer simpson fan i will put this in my van, para medyo may dating

http://static.desktopnexus.com/wallpapers/14665-bigthumbnail.jpg

Capt.Barbel
02-18-2009, 21:09
Malas lang ng mga suspects, napunta pa sila sa QC! :supergrin:

kontra
02-18-2009, 21:28
Eric,

same sentiments here.

an unidentified man chases you, in an unmarked car. points a gun at you, what would you do? i think i would do what most of us will do.

now, let's say you are a victim of mistaken identity (as they always conveniently use). and you happen to have a pistol with you in your vehicle (of course with the required PTCFOR). they shoot and kill you. they find your pistol, they can easily put it in your hands to make it appear that you are pointing it at them, when you are actually just sitting there in shock. they can easily make up stories to cover their *****e$. you are a law abiding citizen with a clean record. a family man. with a mistaken identity, all that you worked for can be gone. what's worse, your family will be left behind with all the heartaches and the people responsible will just get a slap on the wrist.

a very scary scenario. but it is not impossible to happen.

again, i still believe not all PNP personnel are like that. it is the rotten apples, hoodlums in uniforms, etc are what is tarnishing the image of the PNP.

3kings
02-18-2009, 21:38
just thinking of it gives shivers down my spine.
ang safe lang yata dito yung merong mga bodyguards.

take care guys!

bulm540
02-18-2009, 22:28
another potential blackeye if the allegations are true. Scary stuff.

quick
02-19-2009, 00:46
my sentiments also. i see dozens of cars that are almost, if not exactly the same as my silver honda civic.

is this an excuse to buy outrageous bling-bling mags? :cool:

Eric,
hoodlums in uniforms, etc are what is tarnishing the image of the PNP.[/I][/B]

i think part of the problem arose from the fact that some of the alleged PNP personnel were NOT in uniforms.

just like most of us here, i would also draw and fire on armed civilians who were pointing guns at me. just as i would think that NONE of us here would draw and fire on persons in PNP uniforms.

while i am keenly aware of the dangers faced by our policement every single day while on the job, i also hope that the PNP command does some serious work on its operational procedures to minimize incidents of "mistaken identity."

it would totally ruin my day of i got shot...

i_am_infinity
02-19-2009, 01:02
Guys, i wasn't able to see this on the news. Any links to a video? thanks

dbiggershot
02-19-2009, 01:19
pero guys, what if this guys are really "Hard Criminals" nga, do you think we will still have that impression about the LEOs?..

Sample yung suspects na mga yun e rapist na ang biniktima is batang paslit dahil nakadroga sila, or maybe a kidnap for ransom group, or maybe an akyat bahay gang na pinatay ang buong pamilyang inosente?

well pinaka importante dito we can see and read the real story so that we can judge the scenario whether who are really at fault.. :suntan:

dbiggershot
02-19-2009, 01:29
OT: ako kasi, ayaw ko naman if mga ganung pagkakataon e bigyan natin ng masamang impression ang kapulisan natin, kasi nakakapag low-moral sa kanila yun.. maybe their are some instances na ang ibang police ay masama, pero di naman siguro lahat.

Salvage??, di na yata uso, pero politics salvaging meron, mas grabe pa yata at high-tech na rin ang style..hehe!

horge
02-19-2009, 02:05
pero guys, what if this guys are really "Hard Criminals" nga, do you think we will still have that impression about the LEOs?..

If.

Find me a believable explanation for the manner of the videotaped gunfire:
one that doesn't mean a violation of PNP rules of engagement, let alone
the vehicle occupants' rights.

Just because the majority of LEO's are heroes doesn't mean there aren't
murderers among them. Just because the PNP deserves our support
doesn't mean we shoud support their fatal misdeeds.

jlkwison
02-19-2009, 03:20

Sample yung suspects na mga yun e rapist na ang biniktima is batang paslit dahil nakadroga sila, or maybe a kidnap for ransom group, or maybe an akyat bahay gang na pinatay ang buong pamilyang inosente?

well pinaka importante dito we can see and read the real story so that we can judge the scenario whether who are really at fault.. :suntan:

Assuming they are hardened criminals I'm still not in favor on how some of them acted.

"As seen in the video, a cop in civilian uniform fired at point blank range on the body of the suspect. I don't know why he did that (galit lang sobra or he wants to make sure that the suspect is dead) but it makes an amateur look pale in comparison. Its like seeing a high school kid give a sucker punch at a helpless guy in a frat war...very unprofessional. And if you notice, those who lack the training and experience are normally the ones that are like that. Its probably because they want to prove something to themselves. "

I believe that as Policemen they should distinctively be different from the "bad guys" on the way they do things. The guy is down so what's with the ala assasin bangx2 action ?

But overall...I have a good impression about LEOs in general, its just that there are some of them that do not live up to the badge.

atmarcella
02-19-2009, 03:55
cguro dapat ang rules of engagement sinusunod kasi there is always... always a possibility na HINDI hardened criminals mga yun.

now, kung 101% sure na sila na hardened criminals mga yun, pwede naman patayin mga yun sa isang madilim na lugar.

ako in favor din ako of outright liquidation of hardened criminals, kasi kung hayaan lang natin sa justice system natin.... makaka labas din mga yun.

they will live to do something bad again.

atmarcella
02-19-2009, 03:59
pero you know, kung talagang BG mga yun, justified din ang ginawa ng lispu dun, kasi what if... buhay pa yun tsaka me hawak na baril... pwede nya pa maputok sa lumalapit na mga lispu yun.

kung ako palapit ako tapos sure talaga na BG yun, putokan ko din yun "many times" para cgurado.

mahairap na, ang tao kasi hindi namamatay kaagad.

theTactician
02-19-2009, 04:18
Its obviously an execution...anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice. looks really like a rubout operation. the thing of it is, are they really sure that those were indeed criminals? provided the poor intelligence they have ever since. just a few mos ago i read something here in our forum about a dad and his 7 year old daughter executed by the saf just coz they were thought to be bank robbers. I mean, theres nothing wrong with shooting, provided the right people got shot. but if they're wrong, those cops deserve hard time in prison.

jmy
02-19-2009, 05:39
For me,if those suspects were really guilty,I don't mind them being salvaged.They really deserved it.On the other hand,if those suspects were innocent,then those police who shot them should get the firing squad.

MAJINKONG
02-19-2009, 05:44
for me.. gaya ng sabi ni gen batoil sa news na survival instinct daw... kulang sa tamang mindset mga pulis na iyon!!!! matatakotin kaya ratrat ng ratrat..

liveandletlive
02-19-2009, 09:42
Another one???

Here i'll go again blaming the institution, but...Looks to me that we have 2 kinds of LEOs here in the PI - the professional officers and the poorly-trained-don't-deserve-to-be-an-officer-ticking-walking-time-bomb-that-can-blast-in-our-faces kind. Seem to me that our system/institution's been producing a lot of the latter. This indeed is very scary.

Saan nyo po nabili yung spongebob and patrick stickers? Papabili sana ako kahit 100 piraso.

bunso2007
02-19-2009, 09:43
Hi newbie here.

This is my first post.

My suggestion is...benta nlang po ung mga car natin para nde po tayo mapagkamalan:whistling:

dbiggershot
02-19-2009, 17:06
you know why there are arrogant and undisciplined LEOs??.. because of the "PALAKASAN SYSTEM" during recruitment of PNP, even it is not supposedly fit for them to enter because of low IQ, failed in Neuro Exams, failed in Physical Exam, nang dahil sa may "KAPIT", napapasok sila. So the tendency having this kind of poor system, itong mga di naghirap pumasok ng PNP ay sila usually ang mayayabang at mga corrupt. Kasi nagiging "tuta" na sila ng mga higher officials, dahil sa "UTANG NA LOOB".. kasi kung isipin ninyo, the qualification of being a PNP is you must be a 4 year degree holder, have passed the PO1 NAPOLCOM examination, must be physically fit, and must pass the NEURO exam.. imagine if this PNP have pass in these normal rigid recruitment process, do you think may mga ganung Psychotic Triger happy arrogant PNP's?..hehe!

jerrytrini
02-19-2009, 17:46
you know why there are arrogant and undisciplined LEOs??.. because of the "PALAKASAN SYSTEM" during recruitment of PNP, even it is not supposedly fit for them to enter because of low IQ, failed in Neuro Exams, failed in Physical Exam, nang dahil sa may "KAPIT", napapasok sila. So the tendency having this kind of poor system, itong mga di naghirap pumasok ng PNP ay sila usually ang mayayabang at mga corrupt. Kasi nagiging "tuta" na sila ng mga higher officials, dahil sa "UTANG NA LOOB".. kasi kung isipin ninyo, the qualification of being a PNP is you must be a 4 year degree holder, have passed the PO1 NAPOLCOM examination, must be physically fit, and must pass the NEURO exam.. imagine if this PNP have pass in these normal rigid recruitment process, do you think may mga ganung Psychotic Triger happy arrogant PNP's?..hehe!

Extensive background checks, credit checks, integrity checks are always in play when one becomes an LEO this side of the pond. You wouldn't know if that $20.00 bill you found on the bathroom floor or the phone call asking for help are your audit checks.

jerrytrini
02-19-2009, 19:21
It is possible that the suspects still posed a threat to the officers which the video did not show. The handgun found in the vehicle was enough threat for an LEO to elevate the use of force. Again my .02 centime.

choi_tan2000
02-19-2009, 19:44
for me.. gaya ng sabi ni gen batoil sa news na survival instinct daw... kulang sa tamang mindset mga pulis na iyon!!!! matatakotin kaya ratrat ng ratrat..

plus 1 bro.

whats the purpose of giving budget on police trainings kung ganito magiging kaisipan ng mga kapulisan natin. i admire our cops and soldiers but they shoudnt be acting like what this animals do. they should be the source of peace and order or else revenge will be justifiable, sayang naman mga courts diba kung wala nang lilitisin, i still believe in justice system and our law enforcers lets support them on their good deeds and lets help prosecute crooked cops.

i heard justice sec gonzales this am he believes our cops need high moral and cannot be soft on criminals but we cannot allow them to break the law and say they are doing their jobs.

my two cents

bulm540
02-19-2009, 20:52
For me,if those suspects were really guilty,I don't mind them being salvaged.They really deserved it.On the other hand,if those suspects were innocent,then those police who shot them should get the firing squad.

That's where the problem lies. JUdge ,Jury and executioner ang Ibang pulis. What if those were your relatives in the silver Honda? If this is the mindset of some police personnel then God help us all.

Clusterbomb
02-19-2009, 21:25
In Ted Failon's show, they zoomed in on this cop who opened the door, partially dragged one of the guys out and then proceeded to shoot the inside of the car with an M16. Appaling, to say the least!

"To Protect and To Serve, daw! Talaga?! (BTW, isn't this a shameless, blatant plagiarism of a police motto? Sa States yung original di ba?)

Better change it to:

"TO HARASS AND TO EXTORT." or
"TO SHOOT AND TO SHOOT SOME MORE" or
"TO DENY AND TO LIE"

jlkwison
02-19-2009, 22:05
plus 1 bro.

whats the purpose of giving budget on police trainings kung ganito magiging kaisipan ng mga kapulisan natin. i admire our cops and soldiers but they shoudnt be acting like what this animals do. they should be the source of peace and order or else revenge will be justifiable, sayang naman mga courts diba kung wala nang lilitisin, i still believe in justice system and our law enforcers lets support them on their good deeds and lets help prosecute crooked cops.

i heard justice sec gonzales this am he believes our cops need high moral and cannot be soft on criminals but we cannot allow them to break the law and say they are doing their jobs.

my two cents

My sentiments too sir Choi_tan2000. If some people are allowed to poke an m4 at a person and give a double tap while the person's down out of anger or simply because they don't want the person to twitch a finger anymore, I can't imagine what they can do to us if we happen to bump their car on your way to work. As the saying goes "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" hence the rules of engagement. To take a life with just a pull of the trigger is a taste of absolute power...and it can be addictive.

alphaq
02-19-2009, 23:11
There are always 2 reasons for rubout:

1.) palpak ang justice system; carnapping is BAILABLE. para di na makalaya pa.
2.) they know a lot. baka kumanta sa presinto; kung sino-sinong politico/coddler na sa ITAAS ang MADALE. (tumataas ang crime rate kapag malapit na eleksyon, pumopondo ilang politiko gamit ang sindikato.)

Lesson to sa PNP. Next time basta't rubout ng BG, siguraduhin na walang MEDIA. AT huwag naman gawin sa harap ng EDSA! Di na ba uso ang dinadala muna mga BG sa damuhan/kangkungan?! konting human rights naman...

presidingglock
02-19-2009, 23:40
In favor of summary execution? You are giving too much power to the police, in so doing he becomes the prosecutor, judge and executioner at the same time. What happens to due process of law? Are these persons being killed really guilty of the crimes being imputed to them? Even judges, who has the luxury of time, commit mistake in making decisions how much more an ordinary policeman who sometimes rely on unverified information. We are talking about people's lives here, regardless of whether he is a criminal or not, this is too important matter to just leave to the discretion of the police officer to decide on whether that person should live or not. It is in fact our responsibility, as one who believes in the inherent dignity and worth of every person, to see to it that the police would not think that they have the self imposed duty to end a human life free from any consequences. Remember death is final and irreversible, I don't think we would ever be ready to leave such a decision to the police.

toxic
02-20-2009, 07:49
the video i saw on TV is not that clear and who knows what really happen ..sa mga lawyers po dito admissible ba sa korte and video or footages as evidence?

sa dinami dami na ng footages like these wala namang na paparusahan, pati yung kay Ninoy sa tarmac la namang nagyare up to now.

siguro its a matter of wrong place and wrong time yung mga napatay..and kung salvaging ito , it was orchestrated poorly but what do i know , im just an ordinary citizen living in a crazy world.

dbiggershot
02-21-2009, 05:30
the video i saw on TV is not that clear and who knows what really happen ..sa mga lawyers po dito admissible ba sa korte and video or footages as evidence?

sa dinami dami na ng footages like these wala namang na paparusahan, pati yung kay Ninoy sa tarmac la namang nagyare up to now.

siguro its a matter of wrong place and wrong time yung mga napatay..and kung salvaging ito , it was orchestrated poorly but what do i know , im just an ordinary citizen living in a crazy world.

hehe! nice one!:supergrin:

Capt.Barbel
02-21-2009, 07:38
Hi newbie here.

This is my first post.

My suggestion is...benta nlang po ung mga car natin para nde po tayo mapagkamalan:whistling:

Bunso ikaw ba yan?:wavey:

bunso2007
02-21-2009, 08:14
Bunso ikaw ba yan?:wavey:

ako nga...

ikaw ba ung nawawala kong tatay???:supergrin:

saki1611
02-21-2009, 08:49
i cannot comment on the operation of the QCPD but fyi, the three cohorts died in the shootout have really records of involvement in unlawful activities in our barangay...

9MX
02-21-2009, 09:12
i cannot comment on the operation of the QCPD but fyi, the three cohorts died in the shootout have really records of involvement in unlawful activities in our barangay...

sayang, nabuking

nitrox920
02-21-2009, 09:46
if the PNP officers keeps on violating their rules on engagement ... theses might cause a sudden civil unrest or breakdown among its citizens just like the one that happened in Greece last month. a spark of controversy can bring down the whole country into chaos. marami nga controversy..... the citizenry are holding their patience.

from the financial downturn to the unstable peace and order situation that's happening right now...the filipino citizen are sick and tired....

9MX
02-21-2009, 10:16
the filipino citizen are sick and tired....

yep..this has happened several times. we made people power a fad. but nothing really changes. our consitution allows the non-tax paying population to install the new head of the syndicate..i mean govt. those aspring to head the syndicate..i mean govt. engages into "i can cheat better than you" race.

and then the syndicated corruption...este governance goes on...with "new and much improved leaders."

we all know what i meant by "new and much improved," it means they don't get caught with their hand in the cookie jar

liveandletlive
02-21-2009, 10:19
A cop friend of mine and fellow biker was shot at the back when he tried to pursue a rapist who tried to victimize two girls and also harassed his girl friend. He was shot at the back by the rapist. My friend was able to return fire but apparently was already feeling weak due to hypovolemia caused by his lone gunshot wound. He was able to squeeze off 4 rounds of 9mm from his berretta. 2 hit the BG's motorbike and 1 hit him in the leg. The BG was later traced in a hospital 5 towns from ours. He has a long list of crimes to his credit. Our PNP was not able to bring him immediately to our police station when he was caught due to some legal technicalities. He is at the moment still a free man, his freedom being protected by his lawyer (temporarily, I hope). He's a free man while my friend's wife and 3 daughters forever lost a husband/father.

Some senior officers thought that he should have been arrested in hot pursuit and should have been shot on the way to our town with an attempted escape as an alibi. While my mind disagrees, something in me wishes that our police did just that.

While I am very critical of the PNP as an institution for their failure to hone police recruits into true professional LEOs 100%, I agree that there might be some things in the event that we don't see in the video that might have caused the LEOs to do what they did. OR they might have experienced something in our legal system that led them to decide to circumvent the law and put it in their own hands. It's wrong, I agree... but 3 less criminals in our country can only be a good thing. Still it scares me that these things happen here where we and our families live.

Ayusin naman na sana ng gobyerno ang sistema natin. Wag namang puro pulitika at pagpapayaman sa pwesto laman ng ulo nila.

genderk
02-21-2009, 19:12
good idea bro...maglagay din kaya ako ng bike rack or other uniqueness para hindi mapagkamalan. ano kaya kung baloons sa buong sasakyan?

bunso, hindi ko pwedend ibenta. mangangayat ako sa kakalakad bago ko makarating ang destinasyon ko. One hour 1-way everyday at least.

atmarcella
02-23-2009, 00:50
yung pumotok na lispu kitang kita bangx2 nya... nikelado kasi whahahaha!

De Angelo
02-23-2009, 02:06
this is all part of command responsibility, wala naman pulis na raratratin ka kung walang go signal kay C.O...the reason they were killed is cause mga lowest form of criminal sila the guys who do the dirty work, have you heard of financers of carnapping, kidnapping and bank robbery getting rubbed out? why? cause they are well connected, in this country money talks..pag wala ka pera sorry ka, victim ka.

lets face it these "Victims" had bullets with their names written on it long ago..so i have no sympathy for them, who knows maybe the carnapping syndicate was just cleaning up shop..throw some expendable people to the wolves so that magkaroon naman sila ng accomplishment.too bad nabulilayso lang pogi points na sana...hahaha