Some details on the CWP wait... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Some details on the CWP wait...

rappa29
02-18-2009, 13:39
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/state/article976999.ece

Posted this in carry issues, in case anyone was wondering about the wait on their CWP. This was posted in today's St. Pete Times website.

packinaglock
02-18-2009, 18:03
I have been running into a few people waiting a really long time for theirs.

Oribis
02-18-2009, 21:12
I'm so thankful I knocked mine out in about April last year, had the permit by about June so was the standard turn around.

Whats the avg time wait right now?

rvrctyrngr
02-20-2009, 05:42
I'm so thankful I knocked mine out in about April last year, had the permit by about June so was the standard turn around.

Whats the avg time wait right now?

90-120 days is what I'm hearing....IF there are no issues with the app.

Seems DOACS either just did or is about to hire 61 temps to help with the backlog.

Oribis
02-20-2009, 07:33
90-120 days is what I'm hearing....IF there are no issues with the app.

Seems DOACS either just did or is about to hire 61 temps to help with the backlog.

But isn't it automatically approved if it goes past 90 days? Or are they just making up issues (i.e. cant read your fingerprints) to extend it past the 90 day deadline.

rvrctyrngr
02-20-2009, 08:31
But isn't it automatically approved if it goes past 90 days? Or are they just making up issues (i.e. cant read your fingerprints) to extend it past the 90 day deadline.

What difference does it make if it's 'automatically approved' if the app hasn't even hit someone's desk after 90 days? Someone still has to make the license!

Their only 'issue' is that they've received over 95000 applications just from Nov-Jan (and not just from Floridians). Up like 200% from the year before, with no corresponding increase in staff to take up the slack. Yet, they're still getting most of them out the door under the 90-day mark.

Rusty Guns
02-20-2009, 10:44
My worry is that my renual will not get here before my license expires.
I will expire next month, hope it gets here in time.

Rusty

rvrctyrngr
02-20-2009, 13:34
Word is that renewals have been taking about 50 days. When did you send it in?

slayer152
02-21-2009, 07:59
Good info, I hope they hire those 61 peeps to get the ball rolling. I just sent mine in and was planing to wait a month or so longer anyway because of the back log. Although they say that its automatic if over 90 days im sure they have a book of reasons why. Just like RVRCTYRNGR said it still takes someone to make the permit and mail it..

Lucky me i waited so long huh..lol..