Glipsc 2-19-09 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 2-19-09

TreehugginGlock
02-19-2009, 19:58
:wow:Wow! Cannot believe how many faces were at the match tonight. We had 17 shooters! It was fantastic. We had a lot of newbies and some of our old guard showed up, even our man who's been on med leave fighting his own battle showed up. It was so good to see Jack coming out to play again. It's been way too long.

Match was a series of 3 target arrays with a no shoot thrown in for good measure. In between each array, there was a barrel with a "steel" plate to drop, but not until the very last string. At the buzzer, draw and fire 2 rounds into each target in one array, mandatory mag change, shoot another array with 2 rounds in each target, mag change and then in the final array, shoot the 2 rounds in each target, then you had to shoot the "steel" on the barrels. (Those "steel" can really give you a run for you money sometimes, too! Suckers never drop as quickly as I'd like.)

Taught good self-control and sight picture acquisition. Thanks again, Dean.

There were a few gun malfunctions that had to be dealt with by our resident gunsmith, Dean, but in the long run, I think everyone had a great time and are planning on coming back. I sure hope so.

Here is how our 17 shooters scores wound up shaking out.

5.460 John Haas
4.768 Dean Francisco
4.539 Jeff Cooke
3.457 Leigh Ann Jeter
3.274 Greg Hodges
3.274 Eric Burke
3.118 Jim Caskey
2.917 Bob Klinglesmith
2.717 Tom Smith
2.687 Bryan Federico
2.620 Otis Fox
2.418 Richard Wanke
2.065 Steve Dunham
1.340 Jack Hood
1.292 Butch Harley
0.817 Gary M. Lee
0.405 Larry Tourney

For our new folks: Scores are figured by adding up total points, minus any penalties and/or misses, then dividing the net by the time, giving you a hit factor (score).

Hope everyone had a good time and comes back out to play next week. We do this every Thursday night at 6pm except for holidays and the occassional ice storm. You can always check with www.bluegrassrange.com , too, just in case.

See you next week. Same bat time. Same bat channel. :wavey:

cwshootersupply
02-19-2009, 23:07
Good to see the large turn at to the shoots. I have been busy with life and shop work. Will try to shoot sometime soon. Really I promise..........:whistling:

ofox
02-20-2009, 09:08
Thanks for a good time Dean! I need to know if anyone picked up my Peltor muffs by mistake, or maybe found them after I left? (black and gray, one microphone cover missing)

TreehugginGlock
02-20-2009, 10:27
Thanks for a good time Dean! I need to know if anyone picked up my Peltor muffs by mistake, or maybe found them after I left? (black and gray, one microphone cover missing)Dean has them. You can get with him to pick them up or he will have them at the next Thursday night shoot.

Rikki
02-21-2009, 05:49
Come on now, LA... surely you know not to use "handloaded reduced recoil rounds" on that last piece of steel-that's the mag that gets the fast running 148 gr as the last round...They'll never call you "gamer" if you don't start stuffing you mags for specific scenarios!
4th outa 17...I don't think I wanna mess with you!

glockguy609
02-21-2009, 05:59
It was great to get out there with you guys again! Thanks for the accomodation.. I may not make it every week as I ease back into work but will get there as often as I can. Who would have ever thought I'd be looking forward to going back to WORK :shocked: , but anything normal feels good right now. Thanks!

KYgundoc
02-21-2009, 10:20
It was great to get out there with you guys again! Thanks for the accomodation.. I may not make it every week as I ease back into work but will get there as often as I can. Who would have ever thought I'd be looking forward to going back to WORK :shocked: , but anything normal feels good right now. Thanks!

Remember you do not have to shoot or be out in that smoke. just come out sit in a chair relax and visit. We just enjoy your company and are happy to see more of you.

TreehugginGlock
02-21-2009, 11:39
Come on now, LA... surely you know not to use "handloaded reduced recoil rounds" on that last piece of steel-that's the mag that gets the fast running 148 gr as the last round...They'll never call you "gamer" if you don't start stuffing you mags for specific scenarios!
4th outa 17...I don't think I wanna mess with you!No gaming here. Too much thought process to stack mags for specific scenarios. I'd rather just enjoy the shoot.

As for the 4th out of 17, I was just as shocked. Had a major good day with a lightening mag change that scared even me. As I was shooting I kept thinking that surely I didn't seat it all the way and it's going to drop out at any time. LOL Now, if I can only maintain and keep up the pace and accuracy, I should be able to give the folks on the National IDPA circuit a run for their money this year.

Crazy4nitro
02-22-2009, 17:40
Howdy Strangers,
Good to be back and see ya All.
I found out that LA had Fired up her Reloader and made some Very Nice Ammo. Great Job

Tons of new faces and a Great Set up.

Eric