Best Glock Shop in ATL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best Glock Shop in ATL

majorbludd
02-19-2009, 23:41
Where is the best shop to buy a Glock in the ATL area? Having a difficult time finding anything in Newnan area.

dudel
02-20-2009, 06:11
I did pretty good on a G26 at the Bargain Barn in Jasper.

Don

FillYerHands
02-20-2009, 06:54
The number one Glock retailer in the world is Smyrna Police Distributors. If you have a badge, EMT ID, or a GSSF certificate, it is worth the trip. They are on Windy Hill Road in Smyrna, you can Google directions. They are completely no nonsense, but they will take the time to explain everything and answer all your questions. They are pros who are used to dealing with pros.

The number one consumer retailer of Glocks in the world is right around the corner on South Cobb Drive, Adventure Outdoors. While their shop is a lot busier, if you can't qualify to buy from SPD, it is the way to go. I guarantee their selection can't be beat. Heck, they have more used police trade-ins to choose from than most shops have new guns. While you're there, you can check out any gun made by man, from a .22 Derringer to a .50BMG Barrett. Bring cash, the posted prices assume a 3% cash discount.

dictaearl
02-20-2009, 07:10
Does a military ID qualify you to purchase from there?

BabyG
02-20-2009, 07:50
Hi :wavey:

Yes, your military ID will get you into SPD. Glock LE prices are extended to our military also.

Baby G

Sir Glockster
02-20-2009, 10:54
The number one Glock retailer in the world is Smyrna Police Distributors. If you have a badge, EMT ID, or a GSSF certificate, it is worth the trip. They are on Windy Hill Road in Smyrna, you can Google directions. They are completely no nonsense, but they will take the time to explain everything and answer all your questions. They are pros who are used to dealing with pros.

The number one consumer retailer of Glocks in the world is right around the corner on South Cobb Drive, Adventure Outdoors. While their shop is a lot busier, if you can't qualify to buy from SPD, it is the way to go. I guarantee their selection can't be beat. Heck, they have more used police trade-ins to choose from than most shops have new guns. While you're there, you can check out any gun made by man, from a .22 Derringer to a .50BMG Barrett. Bring cash, the posted prices assume a 3% cash discount.

+1 Bought my G27 at Adventure Outdoors because I don't qualify at SPD. Everything other than ammo and guns I've bought at SPD. Nice people to deal with and very informative.

scoose
02-20-2009, 11:02
Clyde Armory Athens Georgia! Best cunstomer service by ANY gun dealer I have dealt with, very competitive pricing and a good selection. New glocks at $499 and plenty of LE trade ins at different prices. Also, these guys seem to be able to get stuff in that no one else can. Top notch LE provider too!

The folks at Adventure Outdoors are overpriced ( last time I was there they had added about $40-$50 to the glocks )and the staff isn't knowledgeable. By God don't ask them any questions about the milsurp stuff behind the counter. ALL you will get is gibberish.

yrone
02-23-2009, 22:49
Isnt The AR bunker in Newnan? Two friends of mine bought ARs from them at the gun show for GREAT prices and the staff were courteous and knowledgeable. They should have an ok selection of Glocks.

B767capt
02-24-2009, 06:40
I give a thumbs up on SPD. I have bought all of mine there. Even a new Ruger LCP for 269.00.

82ndVet
02-24-2009, 12:24

Don
+1 This is THE PLACE to go for all your outdoor needs. Bass Pro cannot touch this place. When I purchased my G17 there on New Years eve, I received a free $50 gift card for purchasing one of the select Glock models they were running a special on.

I now have a gssf certificate and was wanting to purchase from SPD, but do I need to qualify or something to use it there? Never heard about this before, and they are the closest place that accepts those certificates that I know of.

Thanks.:cool:

sappy13
02-24-2009, 12:31
I purchased my pf9 from Adventure outdoors and a buddy just bought a Kimber from them. The times i have been there i found their prices not too bad on most guns. I know i got my pf9 for like 50 bucks cheaper than any of my local dealers could. It is a great place to go if you are not certain what gun you want, because they have tons.

cpl0313
02-25-2009, 14:06
Just picked up a used gen 3 model 22 for 419.00 from Adventure Outdoors. Couldn't tell that it had been fired much. No barrel wear to be seen. The had a few left. In at least the same condition.

scoose
02-25-2009, 14:52
Good price!!!! Was it a refurb or LEO trade in??

Gamecock94
02-25-2009, 15:02
I got my G27 at Pannell's in Woodstock. Normally the guys behind the counter are not the most personable people I've met, but there is one older guy that works there part time that is super friendly and knowledgable...he's the one I dealt with and it was a pleasure.

Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs is excellent. Very nice folks and if you are a GCO member you get 10% off on accessories (not the sidearm though)

82ndVet
02-25-2009, 17:55
I got my G27 at Pannell's in Woodstock. Normally the guys behind the counter are not the most personable people I've met, but there is one older guy that works there part time that is super friendly and knowledgable...he's the one I dealt with and it was a pleasure.

Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs is excellent. Very nice folks and if you are a GCO member you get 10% off on accessories (not the sidearm though)
Yeah, Big woods Goods is ok too. Nice folks there. No need to order Glock mags when you got that place right up the road...lol.

cmcinc
02-25-2009, 22:11

+1 on BWG
Got my G19 from them a few months ago. Great people there.

FillYerHands
02-27-2009, 07:48
I now have a gssf certificate and was wanting to purchase from SPD, but do I need to qualify or something to use it there? Never heard about this before, and they are the closest place that accepts those certificates that I know of.

Thanks.:cool:

You can use your certificate at SPD without other qualifications. I really like them because they have a better holster selection.

82ndVet
02-27-2009, 07:55
You can use your certificate at SPD without other qualifications. I really like them because they have a better holster selection.
OK, thanks. I'll stop in once I'm down that way again.:supergrin:

FillYerHands
02-27-2009, 08:12
Since you are making the trip, while you are there, go across the little side street and eat at Old South Barbecue. You'll like it, I guarantee.

Of course, as I once heard it, barbecue is like sex - the worst you ever had was pretty damn good. :whistling:

Sir Glockster
02-27-2009, 09:49
Anybody know where I can get a sturdy plain black leather holster belt around Marietta? SPD has been backordered going on 2 months for anything smooth and black and not a duty belt. Adventure Outdoors doesn't have any holster belts. Nothing at Dick's or REI either. Prefer not to order online.

82ndVet
02-27-2009, 11:07
Since you are making the trip, while you are there, go across the little side street and eat at Old South Barbecue. You'll like it, I guarantee.

Of course, as I once heard it, barbecue is like sex - the worst you ever had was pretty damn good. :whistling:
LoL...Yeah, I love BBQ man. I tell ya, to date, the best I've had is up in Ellijay at Poole's BBQ (also known as the Pink Pig). I go up there about every 2 months or so just for that. I always get the pork plate w/potato salad and baked beans. They do not skimp on their portions either. Great place and nice, friendly folks that run it. But I'll give that Old South a try.:grill:

Gamecock94
02-27-2009, 15:25
Anybody know where I can get a sturdy plain black leather holster belt around Marietta? SPD has been backordered going on 2 months for anything smooth and black and not a duty belt. Adventure Outdoors doesn't have any holster belts. Nothing at Dick's or REI either. Prefer not to order online.

Gunshows this weekend.

cpl0313
03-03-2009, 15:54
Hey Scoose, sorry it has taken so long to answer. It is a blue label trade in from Cobb Co. PD. As far as I can tell.

Five Forks
03-06-2009, 06:47
I went to Ed's Pawn/Ed's Public safety in Stockbridge,GA on Saturday the 28th. If you are looking for a Glock you can join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) for $35, you can join at Ed's, and get a Glock at a big discount. I bought a N.I.B. Glock 23 for $398.20 with 2 magazines. For an additional $38.99 I bought a grip frame plug, Glock sport/combat holster, and a 13 rnd. magazine.
I purchased my gun from Jeremy, very professional, no rushing, no attitude. Well worth the 25 mile ride.

AaronBurrXVIII
03-25-2009, 06:23
Bought both my glocks at AOD, kind of had to being the owners son is in my wedding:) the Wallace's are good people.

jeffbrewer
03-29-2009, 14:43

Don

I bought a G19 last month for 499. They were a great help. Very knowledgable and friendly. And talking to them, they had plenty of glocks in stock.

Glockwork Orange
04-02-2009, 17:01
<---Ed's Gun and Pawn....Stockbridge...Glock LEO Distributor...398.00 for LEO/military...Glock night sights for LEO/military are $55 installed...they are prob #1 on Glocks restock list, never seen any Glock out of stock!

keng52
04-02-2009, 20:06
Has anyone heard that you can join GSSF at Smyrna Police Distributors and get your discount certificate at the same time. I'm dying to get me a 17. Already have my CCL. Got 100 round ordered and have 40 on hand , ready to go to the range.

scoose
04-04-2009, 07:17
You can do that at any of the LEO Glock distributors...Limit one weapon so use it wisely!

BabyG
04-04-2009, 11:02
Smyrna Police Dist. are not signing people up for GSSF. The only one doing that is Ed's in Stockbridge. From my friends in low places if any LE dealers want to do that they can contact Donna at GSSF gssf@glock.us She will be happy to get them all set up :cool:

scoose
04-04-2009, 17:05
Ed's is the only one?? I will have to check in Athens, I thought Clydes would do it too.

It's available to any LE dealer right??

weagle
04-04-2009, 22:31
Ed's is the only one?? I will have to check in Athens, I thought Clydes would do it too.

It's available to any LE dealer right??

I can't vouch for all of the LE dealers but at Ed's in Stockbridge GA we can handle the GSSF paperwork including the discount certificate in the store. We have most Glock models currently in stock including the Austrian Proofed G19's, and 22 RTF's.

Weagle

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL592/2853877/5748021/317056465.jpg

BabyG
04-05-2009, 01:09
Any LE Dealer that wants to sign up people for GSSF and give the certificate at the same time can. They have to contact Donna to get the paperwork and to be sure they are eligible.

scoose
04-05-2009, 20:47
I can't vouch for all of the LE dealers but at Ed's in Stockbridge GA we can handle the GSSF paperwork including the discount certificate in the store. We have most Glock models currently in stock including the Austrian Proofed G19's, and 22 RTF's.

Weagle

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL592/2853877/5748021/317056465.jpg

A rep from Ed's!! :wavey:

Y'all treated me good on the used LE G22 that I bought a few months back. Thanks!! :cool:

insanity.
04-08-2009, 17:22
Add me to the Ed's list too! Great shop no bs!

bigmikej
04-17-2009, 14:21
I went to Ed's Pawn/Ed's Public safety in Stockbridge,GA on Saturday the 28th. If you are looking for a Glock you can join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) for $35, you can join at Ed's, and get a Glock at a big discount. I bought a N.I.B. Glock 23 for $398.20 with 2 magazines. For an additional $38.99 I bought a grip frame plug, Glock sport/combat holster, and a 13 rnd. magazine.
I purchased my gun from Jeremy, very professional, no rushing, no attitude. Well worth the 25 mile ride.

I second the vote for Ed's. Just picked up a NIB G22 with 3 15rd mags for $484, out-the-door. $35 of that was my membership to the GSSF, allowing me to get the LE discount. Emily helped me. Very curteous, no attitude. Took about 15 minutes for the whole transaction, incl. background check.

Citori Shotgunner
04-19-2009, 19:05
Adventure Outdoors has G27's used (as of Friday) for $436. They look brand new. Normally, when they have new G27's the price is $499. However, bought my G27 from the Bargain Barn in Jasper also for $499. They were the only one around Atlanta at the time who had them in stock. Can't go wrong with the Bargain Barn or Adventure Outdoors.

Wags_G19
04-20-2009, 17:45
Adventure Outdoors has G27's used (as of Friday) for $436. They look brand new. Normally, when they have new G27's the price is $499. However, bought my G27 from the Bargain Barn in Jasper also for $499. They were the only one around Atlanta at the time who had them in stock. Can't go wrong with the Bargain Barn or Adventure Outdoors.

Was at AE today...saw several used G27's. Saw one for $419.00...didn't handle it, but thought it was a good deal looking through the glass. I was looking for G26...no luck!