Canon Powershot 880? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Canon Powershot 880?

hickok45
02-20-2009, 06:08
I've been packing my CAnon Powershot SD630 Elph for about three years now and need to upgrade. It's very worn and the picture quality is degrading, I think.

I love these little cameras (This is my third, I think). I've been studying the SD880 model, which seems to be one of the lastest of this breed. IT's 10 megapixels, etc.

Anybody have one? How do you like it? I notice in the specs that it uses a different format for video. Something codec instead of MPEG. I don't know that much about this stuff, except I know what I like and what works. I do a lot of Mpegs with these things, some of which I post on YouTube.

I don't want a video format that is difficult to work with.

Anyway, any suggestions would help. I'd like to stay with the Canon PowerShot. Great cameras. I already have a camcorder, so the purpose of these is to just keep them in my pocket for quick shots and Mpegs.

Thanks,
HIckok45

hwyhobo
02-20-2009, 10:37
Out of curiosity, how badly "worn" is your camera? Have you tried to gently clean the lens? If you are not sure how to do it without damaging it, stop by any camera store and ask if they could show you how to do it correctly.

Your camera has considerably lower pixel density than the new SD880 and should have at least as good a picture quality if not better than the new one. The only possible advantage to the new one is image stabilization.

Glkster19
02-20-2009, 18:00
Check out the Canon SX series. I have an SX100, very nice little camera's. High pixel count, IS, TONS of zoom, nice video quality and is easy to use.

Just my .02 but I've steered alot of people that way who are looking for a nice P&S and have yet to hear any complaining.