Left handed Guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Left handed Guns

Jeepnik
02-20-2009, 15:46
So, what left handed handguns do you own? I've got one of the very few Randall 1911's, and a Charter Arms Southpaw. I could count a couple of top breaks and just about any single action, but I'm curious about left hand specific firearms.

Magnum4
03-04-2009, 14:52
I don't own any personally but I think the Walther P5 is ambi and the P5 has an unusual feature which has made it an eyecatching choice for some left-handed shooters: it ejects spent casings to the left, rather than the right.

174spd
03-19-2009, 21:29
Remington 700 PSS in LH .308 winchester

Savage Model 12 HVY BBL .223 LH

Savage Model 111 LH .30-06

ERASER
05-31-2009, 15:34
Sorry...............

CarbineKid
06-02-2009, 11:08
My H&K P2000 isn't really a leftie gun, but its ambi, and its the first pistol I have shot that feels right.

itstime
06-02-2009, 11:27
So, what left handed handguns do you own? I've got one of the very few Randall 1911's, and a Charter Arms Southpaw. I could count a couple of top breaks and just about any single action, but I'm curious about left hand specific firearms.

I have a question about the Charter Southpaw. I was hot and heavy to get it when it came out and then started to think it may be difficult to adjust to in a defensive situation considering that all my other revolvers are traditional.

I thought in the long run that it would be a bad thing having one revolver in the Southpaw configuration.

Any insight? Thanks.

Jeepnik
06-02-2009, 15:43
I have a question about the Charter Southpaw. I was hot and heavy to get it when it came out and then started to think it may be difficult to adjust to in a defensive situation considering that all my other revolvers are traditional.

I thought in the long run that it would be a bad thing having one revolver in the Southpaw configuration.

Any insight? Thanks.

I haven't had any problems. It's like anything else, you work with it, you get used to it. I still carry a couple of different S&W snubbies from time to time, and haven't had any problems switching. It equivelent to switching from a semi-auto to a wheel gun.