Utah Permit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Utah Permit

Glock 31 owner
02-22-2009, 18:25
Does any one on here have a Utah Permit?

Has anyone on here attended one of the classes from Proactive Shooters ( http://proactiveshooters.com/proactiveshooters/available-courses/ )?

Was it worth it?

Broadside
02-22-2009, 19:03
I have a Utah permit. I've tried to get every non-res permit you can do by mail and I think I have them all now. The one exception in Massachusetts and I can't justify $100 a year for a state that I do not anticipate visiting.

I don't know about Pro-active Shooters, but for $80, I don't think you can go wrong.

Utah has a list on their Web site of certified instructors. You should just make sure that Pro-active's instructor is listed as a certified Utah instructor.

Utah gets you Nevada which is easier than getting a Nevada non-res permit. To get a Nevada non-res permit, you have to go take the class in Nevada.

Glock 31 owner
02-23-2009, 16:45
I checked the Utah web site and yes the instructor is listed.

MavsX
02-23-2009, 17:49
I have a Utah permit. I've tried to get every non-res permit you can do by mail and I think I have them all now. The one exception in Massachusetts and I can't justify $100 a year for a state that I do not anticipate visiting.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why do you want to get every state?

Is that just so you can carry concealed in every state?, in case like if you are traveling or going on a trip ?

ProactiveShooters
01-26-2010, 06:06
I checked the Utah web site and yes the instructor is listed.

I hear that he is a helluva instructor too! :)

9mmkungfu
01-26-2010, 17:09
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why do you want to get every state?

Is that just so you can carry concealed in every state?, in case like if you are traveling or going on a trip ?

I believe this is the general idea, yes. I picked up a non resident Maine permit back when they were $20. Combined with my VA resident permit, it covers about 30 states.