gun shops in west palm beach?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun shops in west palm beach??

glk3340
02-22-2009, 20:27
hey guys im looking to pick up a new glock 33, and i was wondering where the best place is to get one price wise...i know there is another gunshow coming up on march 14-15th....but i doubt there will be any deals

SiberianErik
02-22-2009, 21:21
Palm Beach shooting center. I was there today and they have a few for $520

glk3340
02-22-2009, 23:09
did you buy any chance see what they were going for at the gun show that was on feb 14-15, . i was there but didnt have enough money to look at the glocks, but no i do lol

packinaglock
02-23-2009, 19:33
Florida Gun exchange is the best at the gun shows I have found, as for shops I have bought 3 Glocks and 1 Walther from Palm Beach Shooting Center.

SiberianErik
02-23-2009, 21:13
Florida Gun exchange is the best at the gun shows I have found, as for shops I have bought 3 Glocks and 1 Walther from Palm Beach Shooting Center.

They have good prices. The selection is a little iffy as in no AKs, or AR15s like Chucks Guns does here in Jupiter.

I just bought a G27 , never fired w/ night sights, 4 mags plus a Pierce Plus 2 extension(still unwrapped in its orig sales box ) for $425..it was a trade in but just like brand new..I could not believe my luck.

Gator Guns has a few 19s and 26s and 33s etc.. all for $599 :wow:

Chucks Guns has the 33 for $529..

packinaglock
02-23-2009, 21:23
They have good prices. The selection is a little iffy as in no AKs, or AR15s like Chucks Guns does here in Jupiter.

I just bought a G27 , never fired w/ night sights, 4 mags plus a Pierce Plus 2 extension(still unwrapped in its orig sales box ) for $425..it was a trade in but just like brand new..I could not believe my luck.

Gator Guns has a few 19s and 26s and 33s etc.. all for $599 :wow:

Chucks Guns has the 33 for $529..

Never heard of Chucks, might have to check them out in the future. More and more because of traffic I like to stay more north county.

SiberianErik
02-23-2009, 21:36
Never heard of Chucks, might have to check them out in the future. More and more because of traffic I like to stay more north county.
I am as north county as you can get. I live right off County road

glk3340
02-23-2009, 22:34
glock 27s were going for 499 at the gunshow in west palm a couple weeks ago, i cant imagine the 33 being much more than that, hopefully there will be some available when i go on march 14th...anyone else happen to know what there going for at the palm beach shooting center

susan28
03-09-2009, 11:08
wow Palm Beach Shooting Center really seems cheap. i haven't bought a gun in a few years but usually shoot at Gator when i shoot in Palm Beach County even though i live closer to PBSC, just because John at Gator was really, really good to me back when i was looking at shotguns, definitely spent his time's-worth in whatever profit he made off me so i give them my business just out of gratitude when i shoot here (i usually don't because i shoot 10mm and like my DoubleTap which i can't shoot here due to the "range-bought only" ammo rule, so i head down to Revere in Broward).

maybe i'll have to pop by PBSC sometime, sounds like some people that deserve some business. hafta call and see if they have some Silvertips or something else in "Size 10" in stock.

packinaglock
03-09-2009, 19:07
wow Palm Beach Shooting Center really seems cheap. i haven't bought a gun in a few years but usually shoot at Gator when i shoot in Palm Beach County even though i live closer to PBSC, just because John at Gator was really, really good to me back when i was looking at shotguns, definitely spent his time's-worth in whatever profit he made off me so i give them my business just out of gratitude when i shoot here (i usually don't because i shoot 10mm and like my DoubleTap which i can't shoot here due to the "range-bought only" ammo rule, so i head down to Revere in Broward).

maybe i'll have to pop by PBSC sometime, sounds like some people that deserve some business. hafta call and see if they have some Silvertips or something else in "Size 10" in stock.

They are nice guys

Ahmid
03-26-2009, 11:12
I used to go to a small shop on Belvedere just west of the airport.
If I recall the name was PAR firearms and the owner's name was Bill.
He was always very helpful. If he did not know something he would say I don't know. I respect someone like that. His prices were also very fair. Not the best but fair.

susan28
03-26-2009, 11:52
yes it's P.A.R. Firearms, right behind the little Christian school just past the airport to the west. i've dealt with Bill and he's aces. he's received several pistols for me from out of state, which is something Gator wouldn't do when i asked them even though it was a gun they couldn't get and i'd come to them first - the one "wag of the finger" they've ever earned with me. but to be fair it was their Pawn shop that i'd called, i can't imagine John being such a dick. infact once when i asked him about ordering me a certain gun he actually warned me that their price on that particular piece was a little high, so it could boil down to who you talk to. definitely ask for John by name if you deal with Gator, he won't do you wrong.

anyway haven't been to Bill's place (PAR) in a couple years but if he's still there and you're local, by all means throw him your business cuz as Ahmid said he's very fair and will definitely put you first. a real old-fashioned mom-and-pop gunshop with personal service before and after the sale. good stuff.

packinaglock
03-26-2009, 18:53
yes it's P.A.R. Firearms, right behind the little Christian school just past the airport to the west. i've dealt with Bill and he's aces. he's received several pistols for me from out of state, which is something Gator wouldn't do when i asked them even though it was a gun they couldn't get and i'd come to them first - the one "wag of the finger" they've ever earned with me. but to be fair it was their Pawn shop that i'd called, i can't imagine John being such a dick. infact once when i asked him about ordering me a certain gun he actually warned me that their price on that particular piece was a little high, so it could boil down to who you talk to. definitely ask for John by name if you deal with Gator, he won't do you wrong.

anyway haven't been to Bill's place (PAR) in a couple years but if he's still there and you're local, by all means throw him your business cuz as Ahmid said he's very fair and will definitely put you first. a real old-fashioned mom-and-pop gunshop with personal service before and after the sale. good stuff.
I almost forgot about that guy, I'll have to stop in there. I like to keep the little guy alive. The big shops are booming for sure.

cheeez561
01-23-2010, 22:14
Hello I'm new to this site trying to find a thread or info about shooting range in palm beach county that is cheap or is cheap once you become a member thanks in advance

PBCounty
01-24-2010, 00:28
I'm a Palm Beach Shooting Center fan. I've never been into Chuck's but I sure don't appreciate their stupid skull and crossbones / gun weilding skeleton guy logo. Way to represent! Talking to some of their customers however seems to indicate that they are okay guys.

I stay away from Gator Guns due to their selection and customer service. It's been years since I've been in there so it's possible all that has changed.

Good luck.

cheeez561
01-27-2010, 20:37
Gator guns seems to me to be nice but it's only 1 of 2 gun ranges I've been to. If anyone wants to go shooting hit me up (561)308-9763 new to handgun shooting so I need all the help I can get will pay for some of your rounds.

Rusty Shackleford
02-03-2010, 14:43
I also can recommend P.A.R if the're still open. Got my first few Glocks from them before I moved out of the area and they were super friendly with reasonable prices. Didn't like Gator and never been to PBSC though.

psljim
02-26-2010, 06:54
PAR is now on Military trail south of Okeechobee. Now Liberty Guns. The nice thing about Chuck's is that for Glocks there is a certified armorer on staff.

susan28
02-26-2010, 07:42
PAR is now on Military trail south of Okeechobee. Now Liberty Guns. The nice thing about Chuck's is that for Glocks there is a certified armorer on staff.

hey thanks for the update, Jim. i was wondering where Bill (PAR) got to! i thought he'd finally up and flown the coup.

deadhead
02-26-2010, 20:48
hey thanks for the update, Jim. i was wondering where Bill (PAR) got to! i thought he'd finally up and flown the coup.

Bill doesn't run PAR anymore. I am a Navy reservist and our reserve center is next door to where PAR was on Belvedere. About two years ago, a guy bought them out and called it "Liberty Guns d/b/a PAR". The new shop is over on Military around Cherry.

Bill was good. I bought an SP101 from him along with several holsters and rounds over the years. I went by the new shop, and it doesn't appear too stocked.

I currently shoot @ PBSC. I bought a G27 and a G19 there. Additionally, they have relaxed the ammo rule and will let you shoot your own factory ammo. Knowledgeable and courteous staff!!!!

Ahmid
02-26-2010, 20:57
Yes......Bill was a decent man. Bought 2 Glocks 2 Kimbers and 2 Ruger Blackhawks from him along with lots of supply's. All fair prices.
Some one mentioned he had bought a place around the Panhandle and retired there.

Court in FL.
02-28-2010, 09:39
I saw Bill and his wife at the last NRA banquet held at the Airport Hillton here in West Palm Beach ,it was back in October of 09.
They said they where enjoying retirement.

Court in FL.

avmech
03-29-2010, 06:22
In the north end there is Marshall's. On Indiantown west of 95, there is a Sunoco station in a little strip mall on the south side, Marshall's is in there. If you get to Jupiter Farms road, you went too far.
Of course, you should check out Court...............:thumbsup:

glockfl31
04-08-2010, 22:41
Anyone know where the best prices are for Glocks now in South Florida? I've seen them at gun shows for under $500 - usually around $475. Anyone seen that in any stores in South Florida recently?

glockfl31
04-08-2010, 22:42
Bill doesn't run PAR anymore. I am a Navy reservist and our reserve center is next door to where PAR was on Belvedere. About two years ago, a guy bought them out and called it "Liberty Guns d/b/a PAR". The new shop is over on Military around Cherry.

Bill was good. I bought an SP101 from him along with several holsters and rounds over the years. I went by the new shop, and it doesn't appear too stocked.

I currently shoot @ PBSC. I bought a G27 and a G19 there. Additionally, they have relaxed the ammo rule and will let you shoot your own factory ammo. Knowledgeable and courteous staff!!!!

Did PBSC change ownership? I haven't been there in a few years but last time I went the people were rude and prices were high and they didn't let you shoot your own ammo. Do they charge a fee to shoot your own ammo? Also do you know what the range fees are? Also what are they asking for their glocks these days? Thanks!

psljim
04-09-2010, 05:36
My understanding is that they will let you use your own at $ 15.00 per hour. can't really say they are rude but not overly friendly either. Since I live in port st lucie I shoot a lot at Indian River Indoor range just north of Vero Beach. $ 5.00 an hour your ammo and nice people. I have bought several guns from them at great prices.

susan28
04-09-2010, 09:11
At least a palm beach county range is finally owning up to the true purpose of the "ammo safety" rule they all agreed on awhile back. Up at Gator on Okeechobee in WPB they used to have a KB'd gun with a sign saying "THIS is why we won't let you bring your own ammo" (or something to that effect), wonder if they've relaxed their rule too, since when one caves the others will be harder-pressed to compete.

mooseman
04-25-2010, 11:48
Did PBSC change ownership? I haven't been there in a few years but last time I went the people were rude and prices were high and they didn't let you shoot your own ammo. Do they charge a fee to shoot your own ammo? Also do you know what the range fees are? Also what are they asking for their glocks these days? Thanks!

They have recently changed ownership, and the ammo rule was relaxed a while ago with the ammo shortage. Most of the employees stayed. As with anywhere, there are some less agreeable people that others there, but I always deal with Rick (Longer hair, moustache and goatee) and another guy who's name I can't remember that is probably late 30s early 40s, a little husky and slightly balding. They recognize me when I walk in the door, whether I was last in the store yesterday or six months ago and always take care of me.

BocaJames7
09-19-2011, 15:55
Help Looking for address and direction to a Gun Shop in WPB off Okechobee Road
Near the Turnpike ..When you walk into the Gun Shop there is a waist high boxed area with a large curtain that hangs from the ceiling to the rear of this box that you shoot into.
Any help with this terrible info.
Any help ? Thanks James