Looking for a well-stocked gun shop... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a well-stocked gun shop...

ericdj
02-23-2009, 20:17
In the next couple months I'm planning on picking up a new CC gun, but still unsure of exactly what I want. Unfortunately down here in Fort Myers, the Bass Pro has been cleaned out! They're stocking a lot less (or else they can't keep them on the shelves). Anyone know of a great gun shop that has a ton of different models to choose from (preferably in Southwest Florida)?

Also, any ideas on a great lightweight pistol (chambered at least in .380)? I've carried my 19 for a while, but want something a bit lighter for the shorts and t-shirt... and please, no "you should dress around the gun" well intended criticism... Thanks! :help:

RustyShackelford
02-23-2009, 20:47
Well, obviously JAX is a long way from Ft. Myers, and I would assume that there a more than a couple gun stores (or even gun shows/conventions, for that matter) between here and there. That being said, Shooters of JAX (http://www.shootersjax.com/about-us.aspx) has literally a metric shi* ton of all types of guns. Damn near all the Glocks in sub-compact, smaller Berettas, Ruger shorties, and on & on. If you are wanting to palm one or two to make your decision I would hit them up if you will be anywhere in the area. And I would imagine if you knew sorta what you were looking for, and they had it, they would ship to a local FFL.

DaverZ
02-24-2009, 18:10
I buy all of my guns at Army Navy Fashions here in Port Charlotte,on the access road not far from the fire station at Easy St.

Mr Spock
02-24-2009, 18:51
B&H in Merritt Island can usually get/ship whatever you want.

LMBFlorida
02-24-2009, 19:36
There was a large gun show at the civic center last weekend. It returns periodically and would be a good opportunity for you to see a large number of handguns.

http://www.suncoastgunshows.com/

The same show is at the Tampa fairgrounds this weekend if you want to take a drive.

Oribis
02-24-2009, 22:30
There was a large gun show at the civic center last weekend. It returns periodically and would be a good opportunity for you to see a large number of handguns.

http://www.suncoastgunshows.com/

The same show is at the Tampa fairgrounds this weekend if you want to take a drive.

Suncoast has been outrageously expensive lately, your better off trying to find a FFL that you can build some rapport with.

kf4zra
02-25-2009, 06:43
with the way demand has been lately, the only well stocked gun shops that are left are ones that are way overpriced. the people with fair prices sold down to nothing back when hussein got elected.

for example, i stopped in a shop that had quite a few items in stock this weekend, here are a few pricing examples:

glock 17 reg 999 sale $749 normal price should be approx $500
cz-52 reg 379 sale $299 should be approx 175-200
russian sks reg 999 sale $879 should be approx 350-500
taurus judge reg 1050 sale 799 should be approx 500
fiocci fmj 380 ammo was 29/box of 50

i have a friend with a shop that bases his prices on what he pays for stuff, and is nearly sold out of everything.

NGWT
02-26-2009, 01:32
Have you checked out Shoot Straight in Tampa? They are usually very well stocked. But their prices are usually high too. However, nowadays they seem to be less than others. I think they are opening a store in Ft Myers in the near future too.

They had a sub2000 for sale for $419 and a G21SF stickered at $630, just for a few examples at the Apopka store.

One thing I had noticed that seems out of whack now, is that CZs are more expensive than Glocks!

rugerp95
03-01-2009, 13:46
if you know what you want www.galleryofguns.com (http://www.galleryofguns.com)
gun genie will give you bid from several dealers
just enter info make model zip code and distance your willing to travel

ericdj
03-03-2009, 19:09
if you know what you want www.galleryofguns.com (http://www.galleryofguns.com)
gun genie will give you bid from several dealers
just enter info make model zip code and distance your willing to travel

Thanks! I'll check it out.

stanggt9050
03-04-2009, 09:18
Well, obviously JAX is a long way from Ft. Myers, and I would assume that there a more than a couple gun stores (or even gun shows/conventions, for that matter) between here and there. That being said, Shooters of JAX (http://www.shootersjax.com/about-us.aspx) has literally a metric shi* ton of all types of guns. Damn near all the Glocks in sub-compact, smaller Berettas, Ruger shorties, and on & on. If you are wanting to palm one or two to make your decision I would hit them up if you will be anywhere in the area. And I would imagine if you knew sorta what you were looking for, and they had it, they would ship to a local FFL.

They are running out...especially Glocks! I went there to get a G20 and they usually give me the LEO discount. Not this time, they said thier distributors are running low and they are having a hard time getting guns. They will not sell for much below the sticker price anymore. I guess if the buyer is willing to spend the money...
Needless to say I left without the G20.

black_sedan
03-05-2009, 07:32
They are running out...especially Glocks! I went there to get a G20 and they usually give me the LEO discount. Not this time, they said thier distributors are running low and they are having a hard time getting guns. They will not sell for much below the sticker price anymore. I guess if the buyer is willing to spend the money...

I was just at shooters the other day looking at the g26/g27 and they're $489. I thought that was a pretty good price.

Anyone know if the Jax gunshops price match or beat prices? Im thinking that will all the business they've been getting lately they dont have to.

black_sedan
03-05-2009, 20:41

hey stang, here's someone selling a g20 on a local forum in jax

http://www.jaxracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43854

hope that helps.

stanggt9050
03-06-2009, 14:04
hey stang, here's someone selling a g20 on a local forum in jax

http://www.jaxracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43854

hope that helps.

Thanks...but it sold.

staticfiend
03-07-2009, 10:26
kf4zra what shop are you talking about?

Usingmyrights
03-07-2009, 11:19
I was just at shooters the other day looking at the g26/g27 and they're $489. I thought that was a pretty good price.

Anyone know if the Jax gunshops price match or beat prices? Im thinking that will all the business they've been getting lately they dont have to.

Give St Nicholas guns a call. Make sure you tell them what shop. The owner can't stand shooters and will probably try to beat them

black_sedan
03-07-2009, 11:40
Give St Nicholas guns a call. Make sure you tell them what shop. The owner can't stand shooters and will probably try to beat them

Im thinking i'll drop by there since i'll be on westside. Thanks!

Usingmyrights
03-07-2009, 11:43
Im thinking i'll drop by there since i'll be on westside. Thanks!

If you're on the westside anyway you could also check out WildWest Guns off of Lane just down from Normandy. I haven't bought anything from them, but have heard alot of good things about the shop

RustyShackelford
03-08-2009, 01:05

I used to think St. Nicholas (on North 17) was the premier gun store. They are (were?) pretty well stocked with guns and accessories. That was until I went to Shooter's. It's got quite a bit more of everything. And, while my brother was buying his H&K P30, I was looking at the Glock cases. I'm not sure what stanggt9050 was talking about, but there were 2-3 dozen Glocks of varying models (Austrian proof 19s, 26/27, 34/35, OD, New RTF 22s, etc) and they must have just gotten a truck load of ammo in because they had .357sig stuffed so deep it was practically falling off the shelf! If you cannot find ammo in NE Florida, drive over to Shooter's.

/Not saying that St. Nicholas is a bad store, by any means. Just value Shooter's more for my dollar
//I am not affiliated with Shooter's in any way

stanggt9050
03-08-2009, 08:28
I'm not sure what stanggt9050 was talking about, but there were 2-3 dozen Glocks of varying models (Austrian proof 19s, 26/27, 34/35, OD, New RTF 22s, etc)

I go to Shooters weekly and can say without a doubt the Glock cases are less stocked then they have been. The salesman was the one who told me they are having a HARDER time getting Glocks from their distributors. The cases still have a lot of Glocks (way more than any other gun store) but less than in the past. I do have to admit however that Shooters is a well stocked gun shop no doubt...tons of various hand and long guns, plenty of ammo (though no .45 TAP:crying:), and plenty of accessories.
The one salesman I was working with basically said because they are having a harder time getting Glocks, they will not offer the LE discount on the G20 because they know they can get full price for it. Not sure about other models though. Understand too that Shooters is not on the list as a LE distributor and they are not required to sell at LE prices. IMO they offer it as a good sales policy and to gain repeat customers.

Usingmyrights
03-08-2009, 09:18
The one salesman I was working with basically said because they are having a harder time getting Glocks, they will not offer the LE discount on the G20 because they know they can get full price for it. Not sure about other models though. Understand too that Shooters is not on the list as a LE distributor and they are not required to sell at LE prices. IMO they offer it as a good sales policy and to gain repeat customers.

Whats their LEO price on your basic Glocks? If they've got an LEO Glock supplier and are saling it at regular prices or to non LEO discount qualified people than they could lose they're ability to buy at those prices.

stanggt9050
03-08-2009, 10:58
Whats their LEO price on your basic Glocks? If they've got an LEO Glock supplier and are saling it at regular prices or to non LEO discount qualified people than they could lose they're ability to buy at those prices.

Just to clarify -
from what I understand they off a "deep" discount to those people who qualify for the LEO discount. They do not really offer the LEO discount. While you can get the 9mm and .40 at $398 from an Glock approved LEO seller, Shooters was $424 (now $498). The one thing I do not understand if Shooters is not a Glock approved LEO discounter how do they get Blue label GLocks?

Usingmyrights
03-08-2009, 11:21
Just to clarify -
from what I understand they off a "deep" discount to those people who qualify for the LEO discount. They do not really offer the LEO discount. While you can get the 9mm and .40 at $398 from an Glock approved LEO seller, Shooters was $424 (now $498). The one thing I do not understand if Shooters is not a Glock approved LEO discounter how do they get Blue label GLocks?

If they were selling them at $424 then they were selling Glocks that they bought at the wholesale LEO price, if that makes any sense. Regular wholesale on your standard 9mm and 40s is $440. LEO wholesale pricing is $373. These might have gone up a little bit, since its been a year since I was in the business, but it doesn't change the fact that they are saling bluelabel guns.

black_sedan
03-08-2009, 12:46
Usingmyrights,Good info... Thanks! I understand everyone has to make their money. Now this might be a stupid question. Are there any other fees besides tax when purchasing a firearm from a dealer besides tax? This is gonna be my first gun and want to make sure there are no surprises.

Usingmyrights
03-08-2009, 22:34
Usingmyrights,Good info... Thanks! I understand everyone has to make their money. Now this might be a stupid question. Are there any other fees besides tax when purchasing a firearm from a dealer besides tax? This is gonna be my first gun and want to make sure there are no surprises.

Just the background check. It costs the dealer $5 for the check, and they can charge up to $8 for it.

Starbelly
03-09-2009, 09:36
I was just at Shooters Jax and yes they are stocked. I didn't see any .45 gap or G19s, but I wasn't looking? They still have a @@$%$ load of glocks though. I wanted to check out a Springfield 1911 but didn't have the patience to wait for a salesman.

stanggt9050
03-12-2009, 17:26
Looks like Shooters got a HUGE delivery of Glocks in as thier display cabinets are over flowing with Glocks... Little sale sign states 9mm and .40 $489.

As usuall the place was packed! Still no G20SF yet:crying:

pcguy
03-12-2009, 20:38
Here in Orlando they're twisting your arm to the tune of $597 for most new glocks... And they are mostly out of stock on any given day.