***** cat hunting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ***** cat hunting

Wp.22
02-23-2009, 23:20
any tips for hunting stray cats? Im using an benjamin sheridan pump airgun. Whats is the best time to hunt them?

Poodle
02-23-2009, 23:57
I think cat hunting is illegal. Anyway, the best time to hunt would be late afternoon when they would be awake and prowling and there is still light to see by. If you're using a .22 caliber airgun, don't aim for the head. In all probability, the pellet will not penetrate. Aim for the area immediately to the rear of the shoulder (sa likod ng paypay) where the heart should be. They would still be able to run about 5 to 10 meters with a shot to the heart but no more.

Wp.22
02-24-2009, 00:24
I think cat hunting is illegal. Anyway, the best time to hunt would be late afternoon when they would be awake and prowling and there is still light to see by. If you're using a .22 caliber airgun, don't aim for the head. In all probability, the pellet will not penetrate. Aim for the area immediately to the rear of the shoulder (sa likod ng paypay) where the heart should be. They would still be able to run about 5 to 10 meters with a shot to the heart but no more.

did not know that hunting cats is illegal must be under the cruelty to animal act. Good thing wala pang tinatamaan.

OT
Father nag ma mass ka pa ba sa Divine Mercy Mandaluyong?

MERCMADE
02-24-2009, 06:02
father, 22lr subsonics sa ulo ng pusa kaya?
i also have a cat problem

edtf
02-24-2009, 09:08
I er I mean I know someone who uses sub sonic .22lr on a suppressed pistol - tom cats are the hardest to kill. If you want instant kill go for chest or upper body if you want it to die somewhere else then shoot it at its hind area (pwet) so that it can run off.

Father is right there is a law on cruelty to animals that is against this practice.

But it is sure fun :) - You can also use a suppressed 10/22 and turn your area into a safari style hunt.

Another thing please be aware of thing behind the cat .22 are still real ammo.

Glock_19_9x19
02-24-2009, 11:34
Instead of shooting them, why not try to poison them instead..Cats love fish..I'm just giving you an idea :) and I do own cats..

ericire12
02-24-2009, 11:44
anti freeze

horge
02-24-2009, 16:16
did not know that hunting cats is illegal must be under the cruelty to animal act. Good thing wala pang tinatamaan.

Hi, Pot :)

I think it is not about "cruelty to animals".
It is about where you are discharging a firearm.
Yes, most airguns are considered firearms --don't ask me why.
(You really don't want to get me started on the stupid laws we have)

If it isn't in the context of self defense (within your property), or
in the context of sport shooting (at the range), then your last
refuge is a hunting permit, whch really can't cover an urban safari,
hehehe.

h.

wtf jack
02-24-2009, 16:22
anti freeze

Anti-freeze means a long and painful death to any creature that drinks it, including your pet dogs. I would recommend using traps instead, the more humane cage-type trap. It will allow you to separate stray cats from pets.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/torrescg/1095A.jpg

edtf
02-24-2009, 18:32
anti freeze

Better be careful Anti freeze is highly poisonous but sweet (I think because of glyco something) so it can be attractive to kids too.

With handling poison please don't forget about your pets too. They might get to your bait/poison

Wp.22
02-24-2009, 19:50
will try to look for the trap that WTFjack posted and will turn over the cats to PAWS na lang.

Saw a lot of murder cases on TV using anti-freeze they mix it with fruit juice or cereals even congee. Esp. if the victim is insured for large amount hehehe.

I also a have a marlin .22lr rifle but i find too loud to discharge even using a subsonic ammo. I might get DA again if i use the .22lr that's why i tried the airgun.

Wp.22
02-24-2009, 19:52
Hi, Pot :)

I think it is not about "cruelty to animals".
It is about where you are discharging a firearm.

If it isn't in the context of self defense (within your property), or
in the context of sport shooting (at the range), then your last
refuge is a hunting permit, whch really can't cover an urban safari,
hehehe.

h.

thanks horge no need to start with the stupid gun laws:supergrin:

isuzu
02-24-2009, 20:27
h.

Here in Canada, airguns have to reach a certain velocity in order for it to be classified as a different class of firearm. A permit is needed:

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/airguns_e.asp

atmarcella
02-25-2009, 00:33
i like cats, in fact im taking care of a kitten right now... thats cos i have a rat problem!

btw,

anong sinisira ng pusa? ang daga kasi maraming sinisira, electrical wiring etc.

Wp.22
02-25-2009, 01:01
No pusa policy kasi kami dito sa lugar namin marami hikain (wink)

atmarcella
02-25-2009, 02:07
oo nga kakaiba nga ang balahibo ng pusa... hindi yung balahibong pusa ha hehehehehe

jojo_G19
02-25-2009, 07:24
i have always thought that killing cat can give you bad luck.. hehehhehheh

well. at least some old folks told me when i was just a kid.

jojo

kidlat_tahimik
02-25-2009, 08:13
any tips for hunting stray cats? Im using an benjamin sheridan pump airgun. Whats is the best time to hunt them?

cruelty to animals yan bro, i do suggest to report it to city dog pound. they also catch cat and other stray animals such as snakes, etc.

PMMA97
02-25-2009, 15:56
deleted

Poodle
02-25-2009, 21:12
I still celebrate mass at the Divine Mercy every Sunday 7:30 PM.

Poodle
02-25-2009, 21:13
The .22 LR ARMSCOR subsonic HP rounds will penetrate cat skulls. They'll usually die on the spot.

wunder9
02-25-2009, 21:31
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n318/wunder9/IMG_3086.jpg

All this talk of cat hunting is disturbing her nap.

dnotrex
02-25-2009, 21:54

jojo

likewise bro!:winkie:

darth board
02-26-2009, 16:54

jojohindi totoo yan. bakit hanggang ngayon meron pang ma mon luk?:tongueout:problema ko rin mga pusa kinakain yung mga alaga kong parakeets.:crying:

jojo_G19
02-26-2009, 18:31
hindi totoo yan. bakit hanggang ngayon meron pang ma mon luk?:tongueout:problema ko rin mga pusa kinakain yung mga alaga kong parakeets.:crying:

hahahhaha,, there goes another.. siopao are definitely not made of cat meat. :rofl:

mas mahirap yata mag hanap ng cat meat kesa pork. :dunno:

jojo

Allegra
02-26-2009, 19:35
how about children?
meron dito mga bata na magbabakal pumapasok ng bakuran to steal things
I was thinking a 9 might be overkill
Kaya kaya ng 22 ang mga small children? mahirap din kasi headshot at maliit

CatsMeow
02-26-2009, 21:06
hahahhaha,, there goes another.. siopao are definitely not made of cat meat. :rofl:

jojo

Ma Mon Luk is just a short walk from my office here in Banawe. I always order two of their siopaos, and stay as far away from the kitchen as possible (I'm now just starting to get used to the unusual smell). But not today, it's Friday... abstinence...:supergrin:

A better alternative to shooting stray cats would be to spray them with one of those super soakers found at Toy City. As a cat lover, I feel a wet cat is better than a dead cat... the cat you shot might be someone's beloved pet, who would now be wondering why Muning hasn't come back...

A cousin of mine has a cheap airsoft MP5 to drive away cats with.:supergrin:

Clusterbomb
02-26-2009, 21:24
btw,

anong sinisira ng pusa?

Wooden stuff where they scratch to sharpen their claws. In our house, yung paa ng sala set namin! They tend to settle for just one place in the house, kaya kung nasimulan yung say, sala set mo, doon sila lagi babalik.

Meron bang anti-freeze sa mga car accessories shops dito sa Pinas? Parang wala akong napanpansin ah. Kung wala, anong alternative sa anti-freeze na effective din? Ubos na pasensiya ng misis ko eh.

Allegra
02-26-2009, 22:10
Wooden stuff where they scratch to sharpen their claws. In our house, yung paa ng sala set namin! They tend to settle for just one place in the house, kaya kung nasimulan yung say, sala set mo, doon sila lagi babalik.

Meron bang anti-freeze sa mga car accessories shops dito sa Pinas? Parang wala akong napanpansin ah. Kung wala, anong alternative sa anti-freeze na effective din? Ubos na pasensiya ng misis ko eh.

Nako kahit sa banawe wala mabili ngayon
kakatapos lang kasi ng winter , kaya naubusan tayo ng anti-freeze

batangueno
02-27-2009, 00:17
Ma Mon Luk is just a short walk from my office here in Banawe. I always order two of their siopaos, and stay as far away from the kitchen as possible (I'm now just starting to get used to the unusual smell). But not today, it's Friday... abstinence...:supergrin:

Ma Mon Luk smells like old dirty wet towels, but i still love their siopao and mami. I once saw their cook went out of the kitchen and he looked like he just finished overhauling their truck. Parang nagmekaniko sa dumi ng tshirt. :supergrin:

Antifreeze is the same as coolant. Prestone brand marami dyan sa atin.

ksmrf
02-27-2009, 01:08
oo nga kakaiba nga ang balahibo ng pusa... Hindi yung balahibong pusa ha hehehehehe
can someone for the love of mike!!!!

Tell me whf this says

please

atmarcella
02-27-2009, 01:24
ksmrf,

its kinda difficult but i will try, here it goes...

yes cats hair is highly allergenic... i am refering to cats hair not "young girls pubic hair" hehehehe

i think that is the gist of it... mods please edit if necessary.

how about children?
meron dito mga bata na magbabakal pumapasok ng bakuran to steal things
I was thinking a 9 might be overkill
Kaya kaya ng 22 ang mga small children? mahirap din kasi headshot at maliit

the israeli's did this in gaza!

whahahahaha!

Clusterbomb
02-27-2009, 01:55

Sabi na nga ba't may kakagat eh, ha-ha! I could have said straight but I couldn't resist setting the bait. Ang Pinoy nga naman!

Allegra
02-27-2009, 02:27
Sabi na nga ba't may kakagat eh, ha-ha! I could have said straight but I couldn't resist setting the bait. Ang Pinoy nga naman!

seryoso yun!
yun talaga sabi sakin sa banawe

CatsMeow
02-27-2009, 02:40
can someone for the love of mike!!!!

Tell me whf this says

please

Well, the OP was thinking about what to use in shooting stray cats. Apparently his family or a member thereof is allergic to cat fur. And then the discussion on cat fur went somewhere else as per translation of atmarcella...:supergrin:

When I was in law school I tried to play a trick on my landlady's cat, trying to get him to sneeze by tickling his nose with the tip of his long tail, while he was curled up fast asleep. No dice...

I think there was a thread over at GNG on how to keep kitties from gnawing cables.

Graves
02-27-2009, 02:57
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n318/wunder9/IMG_3086.jpg

All this talk of cat hunting is disturbing her nap.

Nice Kill!!

er wait...it's still alive. Damn.

Why am I not suprised to see a bunch of Filipino wala wala bing bahng in a cat killing thread?

quick
03-02-2009, 02:47
A better alternative to shooting stray cats would be to spray them with one of those super soakers found at Toy City. As a cat lover, I feel a wet cat is better than a dead cat... the cat you shot might be someone's beloved pet, who would now be wondering why Muning hasn't come back...

well said sir.

i too love cats and have two big, bad-as.s tomcats at home.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/quickster212/89.jpg

after some nights of rough-housing in the neighborhood, these two toms come home with very cool battle scars.

my point is, my cats can easily be mistaken for strays. but rest assured they are not. it would totally ruin my day if someone were to shoot them. because in reality, my toms are just big old softies at heart...

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/quickster212/25.jpg

i think the cage, water guns and low-velocity airsoft guns are better suggestions to control any potential cat problem.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/quickster212/150.jpg

Duckman1975
03-02-2009, 06:39
I suggest trapping them.
But be careful although most of stray cats are cute and cuddly they could carry diseases like RABIES, LEPTOSIPIROSIS, etc........ Unless the government and animal right groups would do something about it I suggest someone must:whistling:

antediluvianist
03-06-2009, 07:56
Cats from my neighbor's house used to **** on my roof and make noise. One night i shot one while it was running away - I used a feinwerkbau 127 - spring piston, about 8r50 ft./second pellet velocity. hit the cat in the ass, the cat's ass jumped, the pellet was later found (by my neighbor, who thought I was cruel but then i told him to have his cats ***** on his own roof and keep hi family up at night) - anyway, the pellet was found to have penetrated about 7 inches into the cat's body.

I like dogs. Killing *****ing, ****t*ng cats is not a problem for me.

Duckman1975
03-06-2009, 17:31
Cats from my neighbor's house used to **** on my roof and make noise. One night i shot one while it was running away - I used a feinwerkbau 127 - spring piston, about 8r50 ft./second pellet velocity. hit the cat in the ass, the cat's ass jumped, the pellet was later found (by my neighbor, who thought I was cruel but then i told him to have his cats ***** on his own roof and keep hi family up at night) - anyway, the pellet was found to have penetrated about 7 inches into the cat's body.

I like dogs. Killing *****ing, ****t*ng cats is not a problem for me.

Cats are independent animals they do what they please, wala silang paki alam sa atin. Sa makatuwid they can be classified as urban wild animals.......... As long as they are put down as humanely as possible like game animals.

vega
03-08-2009, 16:39

jojo
It's not the siopao, it's the mami.
Back in high school, my aunt's father (lolo sa tiya) took me to Binondo. Can't remember where but he ordered mami and siopao for both of us. The meat in the mami is so white. No matter how much soy sauce I put in it, it stays white.
I was told that cat's meat stays white no matter what. Don't know if it's true.

Hmmmm, Ma Mon Luk. Makakatikim na rin ako sa wakas.

bulm540
03-08-2009, 17:30

jojo

Meron, miaopao.

darth board
03-09-2009, 17:31
Meron, miaopao.akala ko siomiao.

ppts799
03-09-2009, 19:12
i dont remember the smell of ma mon luk but i was told owners of Siopao Boy greenhills is a relative.

it also has a funky smell but a lot still eat their siopao and mami.