Why Senator Sessions Voted to Confirm Eric Holder [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why Senator Sessions Voted to Confirm Eric Holder

Rijndael
02-24-2009, 13:30
In Huntsville, WBHP www.wbhpam.com has been on the air for many years now. It is known as the Valleys Big Talker. They have a Conservative radio host that fills the 9am to 11am slot by the name of Will Anderson, www.thewillandersonshow.com . This morning he had Senator Jeff Sessions on the show and took questions from callers in the previous hour, due to time constraints. I asked Will to ask the Senator "why he voted to confirm Holder, betraying us gun owners, when Senator Shelby voted NO". I have emailed through Gun Owners of America to Sessions trying to get an explaination, and have received nothing back. Well, Will did not word the question to Sessions the way I had hoped, but that was ok, the point was made, fair. Sessions responded that he had "known Holder for many years, while holder was a DA in D.C., and that his wife was a native Alabamian". He then stated, he had asked Holder, who took the side of D.C., in the DC vs. Heller case, writing an amicus in favor of D.C. He explained that Holder had agreed to submit to the out come of the SCOTUS ruling,:upeyes: and that this is why he voted to defer to the President.

It may be harsh of me, but I think he voted "Yes" for his friend, and not as a Senator. He is always talking about Washington stepping on our liberties, but he, to me, just let someone in the door to do just that. I hope the NRA and GOoA give him Hell:steamed: for this. I bet that Holder will lead the way on something against the 2nd Amendment, soon. Rant over:supergrin:

P.S. You can download the Tuesday 24th podcast from wbhpam.com and listen to Will's show and judge for your self.

Restless28
02-25-2009, 18:57
Thanks, my friend.

elrod
02-26-2009, 16:53
After his strong stand against illegal immigration, this sure is a kick to the privates! I could have accepted Shelby voting like that, but certainly not Sessions.