Broke down and bought a superzoom [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Broke down and bought a superzoom

RED64CJ5
02-25-2009, 15:25
I ordered a Canon SX10 IS last night. I'm heading off to the Philippines for two weeks and I wanted a simple to use camera that would give me big-boy quality at an affordable price.

The only negatives I could really find was it doesn't support RAW format and it doesn't have a remote option.

Menehune
03-02-2009, 21:01
You slike the camera? I am shopping right now, and it is on my possibles list. I used 35mm SLR for years, but fell out of it and when i went digital, went with a point-n-shoot. But now i'm looking again at a new one and leaning towards a DSLR, but was interested in the SX19b also.

Thanks

RED64CJ5
03-02-2009, 21:14
I like it so far, but I have not had a chance to really test it out. So far, only snapshots...

I'll know more in a week or two.

Glkster19
03-02-2009, 21:19
I've got Canon's SX100IS, have had it for a year or so. Love it, best P&S I've had I think. Great picture quality. Don't use it much anymore since I am learning to use my DSLR, but am still contemplating the SX200IS when it arrives on the market. Nice to have a little pocket camera for vacation when you don't want to lug around a bag of lenses.

RED64CJ5
03-03-2009, 09:13
Thanks for the input. I stopped this morning on the way to work to try a few snapshots -- can't wait to look at them tonight.