CCW Class [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW Class

rljan
02-26-2009, 20:11
I am applying for my ccw permit & received the list of approved instructors from Metro. It's an extensive list. I would like to know if you folks can recommend an instructor?

osiruscyn
02-26-2009, 21:30
i went to american shooters. I mainly went there because i didn't want to have to qualify shooting with my offhand like some other instructors require. I can do it but i'm just not real comfortable with it.

rljan
02-27-2009, 17:32
Thanks for the info. I signed up for their class tomorrow.

Facejackets
02-28-2009, 23:31
I am taking my CCW class with a guy named Kurt Gepke. He is a member over at NevadaShooters.com and has great reviews of his class.

I have heard a lot of bad things from numerous people about Am. Shooters class, and same with the Gun Store.

rljan
03-01-2009, 07:25
I needed to get the class done yesterday so Am Shooters worked for me. The class was about what I expected and met my needs. In other words, I have no complaints. I was impressed with their facility. Apparently the new owners have made some positive changes.

jpa
03-02-2009, 23:31
I am taking my CCW class with a guy named Kurt Gepke. He is a member over at NevadaShooters.com and has great reviews of his class.

I have heard a lot of bad things from numerous people about Am. Shooters class, and same with the Gun Store.

yeah, he's also a member here first. Digitspaw, that's him. :)

I've overheard some of the American Shooters class. It seems pretty bland and straightforward. The qualifications to be an instructor really aren't all that stringent. From what I gather, you get certified as a NRA personal protection/pistol instructor, give Metro your certificate and you get on the list.