1st trip to BMS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1st trip to BMS

KYJoe
02-27-2009, 19:18
Heading down for my first NASCAR event at BMS in March. Any insight you guys can provide regarding carrying at BMS. Do they search you, wand, metal detectors, etc.? Does TN forbid CCW at sporting events, any restrictions on carrying in your vehicle?

THANKS!!

KYJoe
03-03-2009, 17:40
No one?

Fallguy
03-04-2009, 06:59
I've never been to BMS.

Seems like I have heard others say they have carried with no problem, but not sure if I would or not.

If the government owns the speedway it could fall under 39-17-1311 which prohibits carry and Public Parks and Recreation areas.

Also TN prohibits carry within the confines of a building that sells alcohol for onsite consumption...which I'm pretty sure you can get a beer at BMS :)

And any place can post a sign per 39-17-1359 and make even their parking lot off-limits.

But as far as searching your vehicle and or person, I can't help sorry.

KYJoe
03-04-2009, 20:32
Fallguy- thanks for the insight on the alcohol situation. I was unaware and that definitely helps as that would have caused an issue with restaurants visited.

Can anyone else shed some light?

why
03-08-2009, 17:58
BMS is privately owned and sells beer for consumption on premises. I have never been inside but that would preclude you from CCW'ing inside. I know for a fact they are prohibited at the hockey arenas which also sell beer for consumption. BMS is a very safe area as long as you dont get run over by a truck.

KYJoe
03-12-2009, 20:04
Thanks guys. Sounds like the gun will need to stay put in the glove box