Free Warship - Sana bigay na lang sa Phil Navy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Free Warship - Sana bigay na lang sa Phil Navy

bugoyski
02-28-2009, 06:27
Baka may kakilala kayo sa PN. Baka pwede nila hingin ito. :2gun:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1156524/Yours-free-The-James-Bond-Stealth-ship-U-S-Navy-away.html

Glock_19_9x19
02-28-2009, 13:50
I bet the PN won't be able to afford maintaining a ship like that..
But si Madame cguro kaya..She and FG would need a Stealth ship after the 2010 elections hehe

isuzu
02-28-2009, 14:14
There's only one built. And chances are, where are you going to get parts for it? I bet it doesn't have the payload the US Navy requires, that's why the US Navy wants it off their hands.

Converting it into a floating restaurant would be a good suggestion.

Duckman1975
03-01-2009, 03:50
There's only one built. And chances are, where are you going to get parts for it? I bet it doesn't have the payload the US Navy requires, that's why the US Navy wants it off their hands.

Converting it into a floating restaurant would be a good suggestion.

I don't think we will have any problems with parts, we filipinos are very good at "converting things" just look at Japan surplus trucks. We could replace the ships engine to use surplus hino trucks engine........ we could covert it to left hand drive if needed:supergrin:

9MX
03-01-2009, 09:09
I don't think we will have any problems with parts, we filipinos are very good at "converting things" just look at Japan surplus trucks. We could replace the ships engine to use surplus hino trucks engine........ we could covert it to left hand drive if needed:supergrin:

true..but more often than not, safety is compromised. that's the usual trade off

bulm540
03-01-2009, 09:34
It would be a big waste even if it was free. Our soldiers need the basic necessities, new rifles, vest etc. CAn;t be used in coin IMO.

theTactician
03-01-2009, 11:05
pwede na yan pagkakitaan, ibenta sa mga magbabakal. hehehehe..:supergrin:

isuzu
03-02-2009, 19:02

How about its fuel management system, stability system, navigational and communications systems? Where would we get parts if these things break down? I bet they're all computerized, and there aren't any other copies of the parts made since it's just a prototype. :)

bulm540
03-02-2009, 19:11
Turbine engines.

Duckman1975
03-04-2009, 04:09
How about its fuel management system, stability system, navigational and communications systems? Where would we get parts if these things break down? I bet they're all computerized, and there aren't any other copies of the parts made since it's just a prototype. :)

We could gut the ship turn it upside down and make it a pump boat :supergrin:
But I think you are right its an experimental ship with all one off parts, and the technician is right also the only way we could benefit from it is to sell it per kilo.

bugoyski
03-04-2009, 04:41
Kung ndi kaya i-maintain ng Navy natin, gawin na lang na artificial reef. Sana lang walang toxic materials sa loob. :D