carry laws in AZ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : carry laws in AZ?

FLuXmr2spyder
03-01-2009, 03:07
i am from CA but i do work in AZ, i am in the bullhead city area almost every weekend, so if possible can you fine AZ folks point me to the right direction where i can get more 411 about carrying laws in AZ???

thank you

snevel
03-01-2009, 05:41
i am from CA but i do work in AZ, i am in the bullhead city area almost every weekend, so if possible can you fine AZ folks point me to the right direction where i can get more 411 about carrying laws in AZ???

thank you

Check out:

http://ccw.azdps.gov/

Simeon

FLuXmr2spyder
03-01-2009, 11:30
^thank you i will check that out

smokeyaz
03-02-2009, 01:40
Az carry laws are very loose compared to alot of states...

FLuXmr2spyder
03-02-2009, 02:01
i read the link given above but thats for CCW, and i am NOT a resident of that state

can anyone else provide a link about "open carrying" in AZ as in NOT concealed

thanx

smokeyaz
03-02-2009, 02:10
i read the link given above but thats for CCW, and i am NOT a resident of that state

can anyone else provide a link about "open carrying" in AZ as in NOT concealed

thanx

In AZ you can open carry anywhere besides the sames as the conceled carry ares. Its the same. If they ask you not to then you have to oblidge them. Besides that have away...

FLuXmr2spyder
03-02-2009, 03:03
OIC thank you!

smokeyaz
03-02-2009, 03:08
Yea, you can open carry a handgun in AZ with no problems. We have some pretty open laws compared to CA.. Feel free to let it show!!!

FLuXmr2spyder
03-02-2009, 04:08
Yea, you can open carry a handgun in AZ with no problems. We have some pretty open laws compared to CA.. Feel free to let it show!!!
oh one more question...when u open carry can the pistol be loaded and chambered?

smokeyaz
03-02-2009, 12:33
Sure can...

SunDevil78
03-02-2009, 13:12
oh one more question...when u open carry can the pistol be loaded and chambered?

You mean, there is another way? :supergrin:

FLuXmr2spyder
03-02-2009, 20:58
awesome...so there are NO licenses required to open carry in AZ, long as you are aware to NOT carry in the so called "gun free zones" ???

SunDevil78
03-02-2009, 21:06
awesome...so there are NO licenses required to open carry in AZ, long as you are aware to NOT carry in the so called "gun free zones" ???

No open/concealed carry in any establishment that sells alcohol FOR CONSUMPTION on the premises...including places like bars and/or restaurants such as Friday's or Applebies etc.

Stupid rule I moved away from when I went back to TX (where I currently reside :cool:).

DthDlr
03-03-2009, 19:40
hey i live in bullhead city! heres a wesite with some info about carry in az.
http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/p/gunlaws_az.htm

FLuXmr2spyder
03-03-2009, 23:52
hey i live in bullhead city! heres a wesite with some info about carry in az.
http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/p/gunlaws_az.htm
thank you sir, i am there on weekends i work for one of the local home/land developers in that area :)

runamuk
03-04-2009, 00:13
thank you sir, i am there on weekends i work for one of the local home/land developers in that area :)

NOT SO FAST THERE SCOOTER!:shame: :stop:

Arizona gun laws apply to Arizona residents only. Unless you have an Arizona Drivers licence you are bound by California gun laws even while in Arizona. I'm not sure if you can even buy ammo here.

I'd hate to see you get your butt in a sling over this. :sorry:

Muk

DthDlr
03-04-2009, 01:01
thats not correct at all you are subject to the laws in which the state you are carrying in. Not the state you live in.

FLuXmr2spyder
03-04-2009, 01:42

Arizona gun laws apply to Arizona residents only. Unless you have an Arizona Drivers licence you are bound by California gun laws even while in Arizona. I'm not sure if you can even buy ammo here.

Muk
any AZ LEOs care to chime in on this??? or anyone know a lot about the Open Carry Laws in AZ????

i also asked this on another forum and NOT 1 person said this???

runamuk
03-04-2009, 12:22
thats not correct at all you are subject to the laws in which the state you are carrying in. Not the state you live in.

Sorry, but you are misinformed. As a Ca resident you are virtually barred from purchasing guns in Az. All applicable Ca gun law restrictions still apply.
You cannot purchase a AK-47, AR-15, pistol with a rail, pistol with high cap mags, or any other firearm that does not meet Ca regulations.

I don't know if this applies to ammo or open carry laws as well, but I'd make double sure of this before somebody gets arrested.:wow:

Muk

DthDlr
03-05-2009, 07:27
Sorry, but you are misinformed. As a Ca resident you are virtually barred from purchasing guns in Az. All applicable Ca gun law restrictions still apply.
You cannot purchase a AK-47, AR-15, pistol with a rail, pistol with high cap mags, or any other firearm that does not meet Ca regulations.

I don't know if this applies to ammo or open carry laws as well, but I'd make double sure of this before somebody gets arrested.:wow:

Muk

Well of course as a CA resident you cant purchase in AZ. However when carrying a weapon of any kind you are subject to the laws in the state you are carrying.

FLuXmr2spyder
03-05-2009, 12:08
^yea thats what i thought :wavey: but other people say otherwise

MR. Fantastic
03-05-2009, 18:25

Muk

That is completely wrong.
Ammo? are you kidding? Purchasing ammo is just like purchasing tobacco or liquor. As long as you can prove you are of legal age you are good to go. You don't even have to be a US citizen. "Ammo" good grief.

kahrshooter
03-08-2009, 23:03

Muk

With this kind of logic, that means that I can take my Arizona laws with me to California, where I can carry my suppressed Glock 9mm with a 33 rd mag in open carry throughout the streets of San Francisco! Wooooooo hooooooo!

(That woooooo hoooooo sounds an awful lot like sirens chasing after me!)

Of course this is foolishness. You abide by the laws of the state you are in, unless federal law intervenes (such as in the case of gun purchases). You could just as easily say that a Montana resident driving through Arizona carries with him their much more lenient drunk driving laws -- essentially he'd be immune from Arizona's "extreme DUI" laws because they don't even exist in his home state. Of course this is entirely false -- he'd find out quite quickly that Arizona's laws apply to him when he's in Arizona, whether or not they are more lenient or more stringent than the ones from his state of permanent residence.

Another thing -- a legal resident of the United States from ANY state can get a CCW in Arizona. It is then legal for him to carry concealed in AZ as well as all the other states that recognize Arizona's CCW permit. However, if he's from a state like California, it will not be recognized in his own home state, but while he's here in our more liberty-rich environment, he can protect himself quite discretely as well.

http://ccw.azdps.gov/reciprocity/documents/Reciprocal_Agreements_Current.pdf

Arizona CCW instructor

FLuXmr2spyder
03-09-2009, 00:05
^oh yeah thats awesome!!!

how do i aquire an AZ CCW, what steps do i need to take :)

thanx for the 411 !

kahrshooter
03-09-2009, 09:34
^oh yeah thats awesome!!!

how do i aquire an AZ CCW, what steps do i need to take :)

thanx for the 411 !

First step would be to get in touch with a DPS approved CCW training organization in the Bullhead City area to find out who is going to be holding a class there soon. Do that by going to this web site:

http://ccw.azdps.gov/Trainers/

Next, take the class. Classroom time by law is seven hours, with 2.5 of those covering Arizona firearms law. If you are going to carry here, you will want to know it backwards and forwards. There is a written test after classroom time.

Then there is an hour on the range to evaluate your shooting skills. Minimum DPS requirements say that you must place 70% of 10 shots into a 14" by 16" target area. Five shots are taken from 15 feet, and five from 30 feet.

After this is done, the CCW instructor will give you your validated application, a fingerprint card and an envelope. Send in the application and fingerprint card in the envelope he gives you, along with a $60 fee (cashier's check or money order only, no personal checks.) In about 60 days you will receive your CCW permit in the mail, provided you pass the background check.

No felony convictions are allowed, and no misdemeanor spousal abuse convictions or anything that would make you a "prohibited possessor" of firearms under federal law.

There. In a little more than two months you can be packin' like the rest of the "free and the brave" in Arizona!

FLuXmr2spyder
03-09-2009, 13:20
^nice i will try that thanx for the 411!!!

glock45acp21
03-11-2009, 12:51

Muk

I sure hope that you are kidding and this is dripping with the sarcasm that I was silly enough to miss.

If no kidding, then you are severely misinformed. If I am bound by my home states laws, then I'm going to California with my G21 on my hip all the time. If that was the case, I would have even gone to Washington DC and carried there.

I don't believe they can buy guns here, but they can carry a gun or if you like more than one.

El_Ron1
03-13-2009, 01:20
Public schools and the internet are gonna kill this country.

CU4X4N
03-13-2009, 11:18

This

+1

:thumbsup:

runamuk
03-18-2009, 10:46
I sure hope that you are kidding and this is dripping with the sarcasm that I was silly enough to miss.

If no kidding, then you are severely misinformed. If I am bound by my home states laws, then I'm going to California with my G21 on my hip all the time. If that was the case, I would have even gone to Washington DC and carried there.

I don't believe they can buy guns here, but they can carry a gun or if you like more than one.

Satire is entirely wasted on you guys.:upeyes:

Muk

runamuk
03-18-2009, 10:48

That is funny, right there, I don't care who you are!:rofl:

Muk