Silvercreek IDPA, Saturday March 7th [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Silvercreek IDPA, Saturday March 7th

TreehugginGlock
03-02-2009, 10:15
Let's try this one more time....
:wavey:
Just wanted to remind you folks that Silvercreek Conservation Club's IDPA monthly matches are starting back up for 2009.

After our false start in February that was canceled due to the ice storm, our first official match for 2009 (weather permitting) will be Saturday, March 7th. We would love to see you all out there ready to have a good time.

If you need details or directions, please go to www.silvercreekcc.org

If there are any changes, I will post here on Glock Talk.

Think warm, sunny and dry thoughts.

Bryan Federico
03-02-2009, 13:31
sounds good, i cant wait to get out there.

TreehugginGlock
03-02-2009, 15:08
sounds good, i cant wait to get out there.
glad to have you join us. Bring all your friends, too. :wavey:

Wonk
03-02-2009, 16:04
Do you have to be a member, shoot a qualifier, or anything else to join in? I have never shot IDPA but would like to try.

TreehugginGlock
03-02-2009, 17:49
Do you have to be a member, shoot a qualifier, or anything else to join in? I have never shot IDPA but would like to try.First timers are more than welcome and encouraged.

Make sure you bring something that you can wear for a concealment garment and I would recommend taking a quick peek at the IDPA Rule Book @ www.idpa.com to check out gear requirements and/or restrictions especially for guns, etc. This sport is focused more on your regular carry gun instead of fancy speed guns, etc.

If you like shooting IDPA, you will need to join to shoot your second match, but we can take care of that at your second match at the range, too. Membership is $40 per year. Members need to shoot a classifier at least once per year which we will have at Silvercreek periodically, too. (Sometimes as the match or after the match, but we will announce.)

Match fees are $18 for non-Silvercreek members and $15 for members. We begin registration around 9 am. New shooter orientation is around 10 am, so come a little bit early. We start shooting the match around 10:30 and are generally done around 1pm.

If Bob hasn't changed anything since I saw, minimum round count for this month is around 60, but bring some extra ammo just in case you need to reshoot a stage or something like that.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Bryan Federico
03-04-2009, 10:10
thanks for the info

TreehugginGlock
03-04-2009, 20:25
thanks for the infoLooking forward to seeing you there. Looks like it's going to be a fantastic day with the weather cooperating. I might even have to break out the sunscreen. :suntan:

TreehugginGlock
03-08-2009, 10:25
Here are the results of the March 7, 2009, IDPA match at Silver Creek. They are in .PDF format so they should be easy to read. They should be posted on the Silver Creek web site soon ( www.silvercreekcc.org ).

We had 28 shooters, including 9 new shooters! :wow:

Id like to give thanks to all our SO's. Without you, we could not have our matches. Also, I'd like to give a special thanks to Don Applegarth and Craig Paske who oversaw our new shooter orientation. Excellent job, everyone! :wavey:

Congratulates goes to Jeff Wilson who had the best overall score and to John Bohuchevsky who was our most accurate shooter of the day. Good going guys! :cheerleader:

Next month, we will be shooting the classifier as our match which is a 90 round Limited Vickers count. For those new to IDPA, this is a match that must be shot once a year by each member to determine your skill level (classification), so you are shooting against people of your own skill level in your division. More details, as well as the course of fire can be found at www.idpa.com A copy of the rule book is available there, too.

Per IDPA rules, anyone is allowed to shoot an IDPA match only once before being required to join IDPA. For your convenience, we have membership applications at the range if you would like to join on the day of your second shoot. Annual membership dues is $40.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the range next month on Saturday, April 4th. I'm hoping we have another beautiful day like this month.

Wonk
03-08-2009, 11:03
Leigh Ann, do you have the score sheets from yesterday and if so is there any way I could get a copy of mine? By the way, I had a great time at the match yesterday and want to thank all responsible for making it happen. I hope to join you folks on a regular basis.

TreehugginGlock
03-08-2009, 11:35
Leigh Ann, do you have the score sheets from yesterday and if so is there any way I could get a copy of mine? By the way, I had a great time at the match yesterday and want to thank all responsible for making it happen. I hope to join you folks on a regular basis.I can have a copy of it for you at the Thursday night GLIPSC match.