Ebola reston pigs... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ebola reston pigs...

New_comer
03-03-2009, 02:21
Would have been better if the DOH tapped all gun enthusiasts to try shooting live pigs this time around.

I do think all 6,000 infected pigs would be dead in a single day :cool:

Allegra
03-03-2009, 03:12
Wag , delikado ang blood ng may ebola
Kakatakot , nag specie jump na ang e-reston from primates to pigs, baka sa susnod sa tao na lumipat

Wp.22
03-03-2009, 17:03
Wag , delikado ang blood ng may ebola
Kakatakot , nag specie jump na ang e-reston from primates to pigs, baka sa susnod sa tao na lumipat

i agree with this one fafa A.

but in the news last night they were using .22 caliber if the main tool used for de papulating the pigs fail.

bugoyski
03-03-2009, 19:33
Actually, may mga tao dati sa US na na-infect nitong Ebola Reston (mga importers yata ng unggoy sa Reston, Virginia -- hence the name). Pero wala lang adverse effects sa katawan nung mga na-infect yung Reston strain. Sana lang wag mag-mutate yung virus at maging kasing tindi nung strain sa Africa.

Allegra
03-04-2009, 00:41
Actually, may mga tao dati sa US na na-infect nitong Ebola Reston (mga importers yata ng unggoy sa Reston, Virginia -- hence the name). Pero wala lang adverse effects sa katawan nung mga na-infect yung Reston strain. Sana lang wag mag-mutate yung virus at maging kasing tindi nung strain sa Africa.

If I remember right hindi naman na infect yung mga tao
Bigla lang nagkanda matay mga monkeys that were imported from the Philippines dun sa center for disease control facilty sa reston, since abandoned na
I know this kasi those monkeys came from a farm 10kms from my house

bugoyski
03-04-2009, 01:32
Nakita din yung virus dun sa katawan nung mga employees nung facility. Pero after several weeks yata ng quarantine in-expel din nung body nila yung virus. Buti na lang hindi delikado yung strain nung virus.

Sana wag mag-mutate yung virus dito sa atin kundi tepok tayo!

Clusterbomb
03-04-2009, 01:40
i agree with this one fafa A.

but in the news last night they were using .22 caliber if the main tool used for de papulating the pigs fail.

Ano yun, 22LR? Would that guarantee a clean kill to a "bulugan" or "inahin" that's struggling and squealing and probably has a skull cap an inch thick? Kung sabagay, malapitan naman yung shots. But then again...

Duckman1975
03-04-2009, 01:47
The Ebola Reston strain does not cause any clinical signs in pigs and humans. As you can see on some footage, the infected pigs appears to be healthy.
As long as we cook and handle our meats properly (any kind of meat be it poultry, pork, beef etc.) we are safe, there is no known bacteria or virus that can survive cooking.... well except for prions which is the cause of mad cow disease.

New_comer
03-04-2009, 05:37
But it sure would be cool to test those year-old Hydrashocks, Golden sabres or even shotgun slugs at different shooting scenarios, using live animals at that. :cool:

What 22's are they using kaya? Probably armscor fmj's

New_comer
03-04-2009, 05:39
BTW, are they sure that the infected blood would not contaminate the groundwater? Are they going to incinerate the carcasses to ensure complete quarantine of the virus?

edtf
03-14-2009, 05:02
speaking of shooting the pigs:

http://beta2.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=448323&publicationSubCategoryId=68