Buyer's remorse [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buyer's remorse

bulm540
03-03-2009, 18:04
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/03/im-sorry-obama-voters-express-their.html

CatsMeow
03-03-2009, 18:12
Reminds me of a line in the movie Jesus Christ Superstar, as sung by Judas (the late Carl T. Anderson):

"You have set them all on fire
They think they found a new Messiah
And they'll hurt you when they find they're wrong...."

A bit late for regrets...

bulm540
03-03-2009, 18:15
That was a good movie. We had the album in 33.

CatsMeow
03-03-2009, 18:21
I was able to get the soundtrack at Music One in Glorietta, uploaded it to my iPod. I also have the DVD. We used to have the LPs, complete with pictures, I don't know where they went...

That was the song that kept running through my mind when Obama got elected. Title is "Heaven On Their Minds". And it's really a turn-off when I go into the magazine section of National Bookstore, his face is everywhere...

ppts799
03-03-2009, 23:59
ohhh, i love that movie :)

i know all the songs! hehehe

napinap
03-04-2009, 00:26
mines the one sung by pilate..."I dreamt I met a Galilean...

Clusterbomb
03-04-2009, 01:32
I was in High School when JCS was shown here. Back then a lot of the manongs & manangs considered the movie blasphemous. Even the priests running our school forbade us from singing the songs there in school presentations.

How times have changed since then!

The one scene that really baffled moviegoers was that one where Judas was chased by Centurion tanks and buzzed by a jet. They were symbols of course but then the reaction in the moviehouse was "Uy, bakit nagkaroon ng tangke?!" followed by laughter.

Kaiser Soze
03-04-2009, 02:25
That's a funny blog, but I think that although these moderates are sorry about Obama's having been elected, I think a on overwhelming amount of people were more sorry about Bush...check this site out, the one the blog mentioned above copied.

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/index_old.shtml

ppts799
03-04-2009, 02:32
I was in High School when JCS was shown here. Back then a lot of the manongs & manangs considered the movie blasphemous. Even the priests running our school forbade us from singing the songs there in school presentations.

How times have changed since then!

"after all, I've tried for 3 years . . . seems like 30"

"why then am I scared to finish what I started ... what you started ... I didn't start it"

our religion teacher (Jesuit school) even played this song and told us to reflect on it :wow::cool:

Duckman1975
03-04-2009, 03:19
next post

Duckman1975
03-04-2009, 03:48
reminded me of an obama joke
Chelsie Clinton interviewing a soldier who just came home from Iraq.
Ms Clinton: Now that you are home, what do you think is the greatest threat of our country ?
Soldier: Osama, Obama and Yo mama!

bulm540
03-04-2009, 20:33
Bwa ha ha ha ha

jmy
03-04-2009, 23:46
[QUOTE=ppts799;12432961]"after all, I've tried for 3 years . . . seems like 30"

"why then am I scared to finish what I started ... what you started ... I didn't start it"

That was what I told my wife after being married to her for 3 years.Now that we've been married for 21 years,I tell her,seems like 210.

PS.Anyway,going back to the movie,J.C. Supertar,I first watched it when I was still in grade 7.I liked it so much that I saw it 7 straight times after that.All in al,I think,I've seen it around 20 times already.When my memory was still okay,I used to memorize all the songs and scenes in the movie.I guess.this coming Holy Week,I'll watch it again in DVD.