Victim Fights back with .45 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Victim Fights back with .45

nitrox920
03-04-2009, 09:30
This is good news !!!!:supergrin::supergrin:

Hold-up man shot by victim, nabbed

A suspected robber was shot and injured by a businessman he and his companion held up at gunpoint in Bacolod City, at about 11 p.m. Monday, the police said.

Manuel Siano, 23, of Matagoy, Silay City, Negros Occidental, was brought to the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital Monday with a wound on his side after he was shot by Brent Michael Uytiepo with a .45 caliber pistol, Senior Insp. Danilo Francisco, Police Station 4 commander, said.

Siano’s companion, Ryan Amit, who is also from Matagoy, managed to flee on a motorcycle, Francisco added.

Police investigation showed that Siano and Amit attacked Uytiepo after pretending to ask for directions at Magsaysay-Victoria streets in Brgy. Villamonte.

The two took Uytiepo’s clutch bag containing four cellphones, a wallet, and a pair of sunglasses, the police said.

Before leaving, however, Siano allegedly pointed his .38 caliber homemade revolver at Uytiepo and pulled the trigger, but the gun malfunctionedhttpThis prompted Uytiepo to fire back with a pistol hidden in his waistband, police investigation showed.:whistling:

Francisco said Uytiepo will not be held liable for the shooting because he only used his gun when Siano attacked him first.

He said they will file robbery-hold-up charges against Siano and Amit

:supergrin:

edtf
03-04-2009, 09:39
There they go again naming the victims!!!

New_comer
03-04-2009, 09:41
IWB carry? so pwede pala...

9MX
03-04-2009, 10:02
IWB carry? so pwede pala...

iirc, puwede eversince

buti nga sa BG:tongueout:

doctabako
03-04-2009, 10:23
Been carrying IWB from the get go, if i was wrong in my interpretation then i don't really care :rollsmiley: :wavey:

Hello all, just wanted to say hi to everyone, sorry i've been away for a long time, so many hobbies, so little time lol.

9MX
03-04-2009, 10:48
doc T,

nice to have you back! what's your new hobby?

in case you don't know..cinareer na nina EC, gundog, Mcoliver, at Taurus ang photography. they formed the Dog Pound Crew.

specialty nila ang male models and lady boys..bwahahahahah!:supergrin:

horge
03-04-2009, 17:34
Bossing DocTabako!!! :) :) :)
Tagal mo'ng nawala...

specialty nila ang male models and lady boys..bwahahahahah! :supergrin:

What 'nix is really trying to say is that he's one of DogPound's top models.
Mwehe.

h.

Wp.22
03-04-2009, 18:47
DPC's top male models

http://************/ahfxxo

Wp.22
03-04-2009, 18:49
and here is the male supermodel
http://************/djt9cg

edtf
03-04-2009, 18:55
ang popogi ng mga yan!!! yan yung mga artistahin!!!! :supergrin:

Duckman1975
03-04-2009, 19:19
Really warms the heart when you read stories like this, bad guys shot good guys walk away unharmed:cool:

nrmcolt
03-04-2009, 23:42
Really warms the heart when you read stories like this, bad guys shot good guys walk away unharmed and not charged:cool:

Fix it for ya:supergrin:

Duckman1975
03-04-2009, 23:58
[/B]

Fix it for ya:supergrin:
Thanks man, forgot the most important part:supergrin:

Taurus
03-05-2009, 00:36
Doc T,

Long time no see. Di ka sama Japan?

doctabako
03-05-2009, 08:47
doc T,

nice to have you back! what's your new hobby?

in case you don't know..cinareer na nina EC, gundog, Mcoliver, at Taurus ang photography. they formed the Dog Pound Crew.

specialty nila ang male models and lady boys..bwahahahahah!:supergrin:

Thanks to all who still remember me hehe. I've been dabbling in Hifi Tube Audio(feeling audiophile :supergrin:) Still do photography, occasional target shooting(indoor nga lang sa armscor), online gaming(world of warcraft mostly) among other things that i won't mention lol.

I've heard about the photography thing from EC last time i saw him at the ophtha convention. Nice pics, i'll try to be more active again and post pics every now and then.

Won't be able to join the trip to Japan, sending my son Kevin in my stead, too expensive, specially since my wife and i plan on going to the States later in the year. Have fun there :)

Sorry to OP for the OT :supergrin:

Black_SIR
03-06-2009, 08:39
hhhmmmmm chambered na yung pistol nya. another excuse to carry one in the pipe..

kailangan pa ba tayo barilin bago pwede bumaril??? tsk tsk tsk buti hindi pumutok nun binaril cya

Duckman1975
03-06-2009, 17:25
hhhmmmmm chambered na yung pistol nya. another excuse to carry one in the pipe..

kailangan pa ba tayo barilin bago pwede bumaril??? tsk tsk tsk buti hindi pumutok nun binaril cya

Good question, I'm interested with the answer also. Kung limabas ng masamang tao yung baril niya puwede mo na bang unahan?

FLuXmr2spyder
03-06-2009, 18:01
here in CA, the guy being robbed that shot the thief would probably end up in jail and file a ton of stupid charges

and the thief will walk away scott-free and would even win settlement money from his robbery victim

CA gun laws for the loose, marami kasing hippies dito :)

TTPower
03-06-2009, 18:38
here in CA, the guy being robbed that shot the thief would probably end up in jail and file a ton of stupid charges

and the thief will walk away scott-free and would even win settlement money from his robbery victim

CA gun laws for the loose, marami kasing hippies dito :)

here in the philippines it doesn't work that way :) shoot 1st before you ask questions.... just like what (some) of the cops are doing :rofl:

TTPower
03-06-2009, 18:46

how sure are you that the Bad guy really pulled the trigger.... (do you get what i'm trying to say here?) it's ur word against his.... kanino sa tingin mo maniwala yung pulis :supergrin:

the moment the bad guy pulled out a gun and started robbing you...... he gave you the right to shoot him. no need to wait for him to pull the trigger and pray that he'll have a missfire :supergrin:

FLuXmr2spyder
03-06-2009, 18:56
here in the philippines it doesn't work that way :) shoot 1st before you ask questions.... just like what (some) of the cops are doing :rofl:

talaga, baka umiwi na lang ako, higpit dito bro!

how sure are you that the Bad guy really pulled the trigger.... (do you get what i'm trying to say here?) it's ur word against his.... kanino sa tingin mo maniwala yung pulis

the moment the bad guy pulled out a gun and started robbing you...... he gave you the right to shoot him. no need to wait for him to pull the trigger and pray that he'll have a missfire
+1

TTPower
03-06-2009, 19:09

+1

hahahaha mas strict tlga dyan sa "land of the free" :supergrin:
may mga nabasa nga ako na mga articles about mga pulis dyan na napatay ng BAD GUY kasi nag alanganin sila barilin yung BG because of the possible liabilities and fear of getting sued. soooo saaaaaad:crying:

Black_SIR
03-07-2009, 05:09
whew!!! pag nasa teritory natin like house or shop, dyan madali na pero iba kasi pag nasa labas.. but yup maybe if drew his gun or when he point sor will point,,, pwede na engage....:wow:

bulm540
03-07-2009, 08:13

+1

No wonder, you are in the caliban state.

Capt.Barbel
03-07-2009, 08:38
DPC's top male models

http://************/ahfxxo

Dapat c tabasaki ang pina gitna, nag mukang tuko tuloy c ruther!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fish!:supergrin:

9MX
03-07-2009, 09:09
No wonder, you are in the caliban state.

caliban?! what the frack!:rofl:

isuzu
03-07-2009, 16:13
Nitrox,

Any idea what ammo was used?

FLuXmr2spyder
03-07-2009, 19:54
caliban :rofl:

kcboy
03-08-2009, 00:16
how sure are you that the Bad guy really pulled the trigger.... (do you get what i'm trying to say here?) it's ur word against his.... kanino sa tingin mo maniwala yung pulis :supergrin:

the moment the bad guy pulled out a gun and started robbing you...... he gave you the right to shoot him. no need to wait for him to pull the trigger and pray that he'll have a missfire :supergrin:

i think the victim did was right in firing a shot to the bad guy and just enough to disable him, if it the bad guy died from the gun shot wound, it might have been a different story.

edtf
03-08-2009, 02:48
i think the victim did was right in firing a shot to the bad guy and just enough to disable him, if it the bad guy died from the gun shot wound, it might have been a different story.

With a guy shooting me I would fire COM and fire multiple times. I won't fire to just disable - I will shoot to stop him. Malas nalang siya kung mamatay siya. I'm sure the BG wasn't thinking of disabling him too at that time

nitrox920
03-08-2009, 04:56
Nitrox,

Any idea what ammo was used?

sorry i have no idea..

Duckman1975
03-08-2009, 05:01
With a guy shooting me I would fire COM and fire multiple times. I won't fire to just disable - I will shoot to stop him. Malas nalang siya kung mamatay siya. I'm sure the BG wasn't thinking of disabling him too at that time
I ask a police friend about this his answer regarding the subject: "Its better to fight your way out of jail in court because its impossible to fight your way out of your grave." Scary thing is that it made sense.

isuzu
03-08-2009, 10:51

That's right. Shoot until the BG no longer pose a threat to you. Maybe, in this case the guy stopped after the first round.

If you shoot the guy who is already on the ground and has stopped fighting, then it is a totally different story.

kcboy
03-08-2009, 17:07
That's right. Shoot until the BG no longer poses a threat to you. Maybe, in this case the guy stopped after the first round.

If you shoot the guy who is already on the ground and has stopped fighting, then it is a totally different story.

my point exactly.....once the threat is neutralize, let's not use deadly force anymore. but i know what some people feel about just shoot and shoot, and explain later especially if the bad guy was the one who wanted hurt or kill you first.

edtf
03-08-2009, 17:17
That's right. Shoot until the BG no longer poses a threat to you. Maybe, in this case the guy stopped after the first round.

ok looks like we are all in the same page here. I don't like lang the idea that people say sana binaril nalang sa paa or sa braso para hindi naman kailangan puruhan.

bulm540
03-08-2009, 17:25
Lets not second guess the good guy. We were not there and he was in fear of his life. All you need to tell the prosecutor is "I was in fear of my life."

sugarcreek
03-08-2009, 17:36
...bet that hurt...kinda makes me feel good.

kcboy
03-08-2009, 17:38
Lets not second guess the good guy. We were not there and he was in fear of his life. All you need to tell the prosecutor is "I was in fear of my life."

amen.....:cool:

mansky
03-09-2009, 04:10
I don't like lang the idea that people say sana binaril nalang sa paa or sa braso para hindi naman kailangan puruhan.

I AGREE!!!

under stress(FULL) situations, mahirap tamaan ang mga ganyan "kaliit na target"...

yung mga nagsasabi niyan malake ang impluwensya ng mga sineng kanilang napapanood. ask any serious CQ instructor if the way actors shoot would hit their targets in real life scenarios... i doubt you'd get an affirmative response

ron-d75
03-09-2009, 06:39

same here.

jerrytrini
03-09-2009, 10:13
same here.

Ron-d75

I greet you my brother.

eug3n3_d3nn1s
03-09-2009, 21:35
This is good news !!!!:supergrin::supergrin:

Hold-up man shot by victim, nabbed

A suspected robber was shot and injured by a businessman he and his companion held up at gunpoint in Bacolod City, at about 11 p.m. Monday, the police said.

Manuel Siano, 23, of Matagoy, Silay City, Negros Occidental, was brought to the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital Monday with a wound on his side after he was shot by Brent Michael Uytiepo with a .45 caliber pistol, Senior Insp. Danilo Francisco, Police Station 4 commander, said.

Siano’s companion, Ryan Amit, who is also from Matagoy, managed to flee on a motorcycle, Francisco added.

Police investigation showed that Siano and Amit attacked Uytiepo after pretending to ask for directions at Magsaysay-Victoria streets in Brgy. Villamonte.

The two took Uytiepo’s clutch bag containing four cellphones, a wallet, and a pair of sunglasses, the police said.

Before leaving, however, Siano allegedly pointed his .38 caliber homemade revolver at Uytiepo and pulled the trigger, but the gun malfunctionedhttpThis prompted Uytiepo to fire back with a pistol hidden in his waistband, police investigation showed.:whistling:

Francisco said Uytiepo will not be held liable for the shooting because he only used his gun when Siano attacked him first.

He said they will file robbery-hold-up charges against Siano and Amit

:supergrin:

Kulang yung charge. pwede mong salpakan ng attempted murder yung dalawa.

eug3n3_d3nn1s
03-09-2009, 21:44
Good question, I'm interested with the answer also. Kung limabas ng masamang tao yung baril niya puwede mo na bang unahan?

pag tinutukan kana pwede na yun. defense mo dyan is: mag aantay pa ba akong barilin bago pa ako babaril? kahit sinong judge makukuha naman dyan e. In the words of the supreme court: Stand your ground and fight.

WARNING: pag wala pang danger sa life ko, ei: hindi ka naman tinutukan ng baril, draw ka lang but DO NOT SHOOT. madaming kaso na sa Supreme Court natin ang nagsabing: Life is more precious than property.

pag kinasuhan ka cry Art. 11, Revised Penal Code agad. also, make sure na pag dinala ka sa presinto dalhin mo agad abugado mo para hindi kana kasuhan agad. mas mura naman ang retainer ng abugado kesa sa isang full blown trial na aabot sa Supreme Court. lastly, pag may abugado ka madaming rights mo ang protektado. mga pulis kasi natin mahilig sa short cut kaya they unintentionally or intentionally violate an accused's rights.

atmarcella
03-09-2009, 23:50
I don't like lang the idea that people say sana binaril nalang sa paa or sa braso para hindi naman kailangan puruhan.

ang sagot ko dyan ay "hindi ako si FPJ" hehehe

ron-d75
03-10-2009, 08:32
Ron-d75

I greet you my brother.

Kuyang thanks. Saan loya mo bro?

jerrytrini
03-10-2009, 09:06
Kuyang thanks. Saan loya mo bro?

Old West #813 Newhall, CA. What about yours?

ron-d75
03-10-2009, 09:50
F&AM Pacific Rim #567 L.B., CA
IOD Dagohoy Chapter , Bohol Phil

Nice to meet you bro. Marami bang mga bro sa hobby na to? Isa lang na meet ko sa insight range sa artesia si kuyang manny ilagan. Niyaya nga ako sa Norco daw, never been there.

Sabi nya , sometimes na-organize daw sila ng competition. I believe sometimes june o july independence day. Hopefully I will personally meet you there , if schedule permits.

jerrytrini
03-10-2009, 13:05
F&AM Pacific Rim #567 L.B., CA
IOD Dagohoy Chapter , Bohol Phil

Nice to meet you bro. Marami bang mga bro sa hobby na to? Isa lang na meet ko sa insight range sa artesia si kuyang manny ilagan. Niyaya nga ako sa Norco daw, never been there.

Sabi nya , sometimes na-organize daw sila ng competition. I believe sometimes june o july independence day. Hopefully I will personally meet you there , if schedule permits.

There will be a Philippine Independence Day 2 day shootfest at Norco on June 13-14. The event is hosted by the Philippine Department of Tourism. Match fee is $95.00 including daily refreshments and dinner on Sunday.
Any BOGs shooting besides me?

PMMA97
03-10-2009, 15:16
I googled the vics name. Nice.

ron-d75
03-11-2009, 15:48
There will be a Philippine Independence Day 2 day shootfest at Norco on June 13-14. The event is hosted by the Philippine Department of Tourism. Match fee is $95.00 including daily refreshments and dinner on Sunday.
Any BOGs shooting besides me?

Plano namin ni misis na bakasyon sa pinas sometime May o June this year but if time permits , expect me to be there bro.

gundog
03-13-2009, 08:01
Bossing DocTabako!!! :) :) :)
Tagal mo'ng nawala...

What 'nix is really trying to say is that he's one of DogPound's top models.
Mwehe.

h.
Asan na ba yung pretty boy shot ni mannix? - mco :rofl: