Do women need different CCW holsters? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do women need different CCW holsters?

Tennessee Slim
03-04-2009, 17:03
I ask because my lady barber has decided she needs to carry while working and is asking my advice. I'm hooked on the Minotaur M-Tac but, because my hips are shaped a bit different from most women's, I wouldn't recommend one to her without asking those who'd know better.

Are there any holsters that have widespread approval among women?

She wears a barber's smock when working that extends to mid-thigh so I'm half tempted to tell her to wear OWB.

Your thoughts?

April
03-04-2009, 19:25
I carry in an M-Tac and find it very comfy. Everybody's gonna be different though...

GirlyGlock
03-04-2009, 19:28
Because we are all shaped differently, dress differently and carry different firearms, this is a tough one. I am partial to the Desantis IWB for my G26. I am right handed and carry cross draw. It sits just infront of my hip, is pretty comfortable and is concealed well on my 5'10", 180 lb body.

Because of your barber's attire, I like your thought of suggesting OWB (at least to start).

Cat91
03-04-2009, 19:59
I have a narrow waist and wide hips. I have yet to find a comfortable waist holster for a full size automatic. I default to a shoulder rig when I wear it on me-works fine.

Miao, Cat

twisterchick
03-08-2009, 15:27
It depends on the seasons. In the cold weather months I carry a V. Farnem holster, and then in the hot weather months I carry a M-TAC. I just recently changed guns because my spring broke on my Kahr K-9 and had to be replaced. Now I can't rack my slid because it's to stiff. All of my gear comes from Comp-Tac.:cool:

Tennessee Slim
03-08-2009, 18:44
twisterchick, is V. Farnem a local maker? I can't find any notice of them on the web.

JohnKSa
03-09-2009, 00:01
http://www.corneredcat.com/Holster/straighttalk.aspx

Tennessee Slim
03-09-2009, 09:01
http://www.corneredcat.com/Holster/straighttalk.aspx
Wow! Great link, JohnKSa. Thanks, I've already forwarded it to her.