Coronado Cross-Carry Bag - anyone have it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Cross-Carry Bag - anyone have it?

jdavionic
03-05-2009, 20:15
I'll preface this by saying that we are aware of the issues carrying in a purse and it's not going to be her daily carry method. But my wife likes the look of the following bag. Do any of you own one? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
http://www.coronadoleather.com/upload/T20.jpg

http://www.coronadoleather.com/view.aspx?i=95&c=3&p=0

jdavionic
03-06-2009, 04:27
bumped...hoping some of you ladies have given it a try.

Cat91
03-06-2009, 17:19
I have.

Works good for carry. But I needed more room for stuff. So I went back to my old Hobo.

Miao, Cat

jdavionic
03-06-2009, 17:28
I have.

Works good for carry. But I needed more room for stuff. So I went back to my old Hobo.

Miao, Cat

Thank you! I know style is subjective, but do you like the appearance of it?

G26Duck
03-06-2009, 20:37
but do you like the appearance of it?[/quote]
Sorry, looks kinda nerdy to me. I love my hobo and my Jessica slim tote. I also have an in waist band holster. You have to find the carry option that works for you as an individual

This is Mrs. G26Duck:whistling:

G26Duck
03-06-2009, 20:38
but do you like the appearance of it?
Sorry, looks kinda nerdy to me. I love my hobo and my Jessica slim tote. I also have an in waist band holster. You have to find the carry option that works for you as an individual.

swordsister
03-06-2009, 21:16
It seems to be (as a relatively newbie) that there is no single solution for carry as a woman. You use whatever device works with what you need to wear, where you are going, the season, comfort, etc.

Cat91
03-10-2009, 17:26
Thank you! I know style is subjective, but do you like the appearance of it?

Well...no. I got it for the convenience. And then it was too darn small. But I carried it for about a year anyway. I *really* prefer my Hobo bag. Seriously.

Miao, Cat

rugercat78
03-13-2009, 09:31
It is very masculine. I like Cat91's hobo idea better...

Glock26girl
03-14-2009, 01:10
What waist band holster did you find, G26Duck? Do you like it? I've found one that might work, but I haven't ordered it yet and am looking for advice on waist (belly) band holsters. They aren't pretty, but seem functional for better concealment when worn lower on the hips. <TABLE class=plist_table cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=plist_row><TD class=plist_pgroup_img_cell style="WIDTH: 0%">http://magills.com/images/magick_cache/pgroup_609_image_115x115__shadow.gif (http://magills.com/index/44_Belly+Band+Holsters/pgroup_descrip/44_Belly+Band+Holsters/609_The+Original+Belly+Band/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D44%26_Belly%2BBand%2BHolsters%2F) </TD><TD class=plist_pgroup_img_cell style="WIDTH: 0%"></TD><TD class=plist_pgroup_img_cell style="WIDTH: 0%"></TD></TR><TR class=plist_row><TD class=plist_pgroup_cell style="WIDTH: 0%">The Original Belly Band

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Misty02
03-14-2009, 08:04
Like your wife, I steer away from purse carry, mostly because purses are not expected to be on your person all the time. I have used the belly band and the fanny pack almost exclusively. At the beginning I designed my own version of an undershirt using an exercise tank, adding pockets at various carry positions and used in conjunction with the Nemesis pocket holster. Not a bad idea, but not very practical for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">South Florida</st1:place> weather.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Those of you that have mentioned the Hobo, can you please post a link? I would like to see what it looks like.<o:p></o:p>
I’ve been guilty of serious fashion no-no’s lately by wearing the fanny pack even with dresses and heels lately. It is extremely comfortable and I can carry extra stuff in it.

<o:p>169277</o:p>
If your wife likes the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Coronado</st1:place></st1:City> carry bag and is able to keep it on her all the time she is out, then good for her. She should carry in the way she finds most comfortable. Where is the purse part positioned, to the back or side?<o:p></o:p>

jdavionic
03-14-2009, 08:27
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
If your wife likes the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Coronado</st1:place></st1:City> carry bag and is able to keep it on her all the time she is out, then good for her. She should carry in the way she finds most comfortable. Where is the purse part positioned, to the back or side?<o:p></o:p>

Misty, the Coronado carry bag purse position is on the side.

Here is the Hobo. While you can cross carry, my wife thinks the bag is WAY too big.
http://www.coronadoleather.com/view.aspx?i=154&c=8&p=0
http://www.coronadoleather.com/upload/A95-4.jpg
http://www.coronadoleather.com/upload/A95.jpg

Misty02
03-14-2009, 11:23
Misty, the Coronado carry bag purse position is on the side.

Here is the Hobo. While you can cross carry, my wife thinks the bag is WAY too big.
http://www.coronadoleather.com/view.aspx?i=154&c=8&p=0
http://www.coronadoleather.com/upload/A95-4.jpg
http://www.coronadoleather.com/upload/A95.jpg

I still canít come to terms with off body carry. However, if I were to consider it, I would cross carry to increase retention of the purse. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Iíll stick to belly band and fanny pack for the time being; sadly, that means dresses for evening wear will continue to pose a challenge. One day I may find the perfect all purpose holster for women, that day hasnít come yet.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
It is a nice purse though.<o:p></o:p>

jdavionic
03-14-2009, 11:29
I still canít come to terms with off body carry. However, if I were to consider it, I would cross carry to increase retention of the purse. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Iíll stick to belly band and fanny pack for the time being; sadly, that means dresses for evening wear will continue to pose a challenge. One day I may find the perfect all purpose holster for women, that day hasnít come yet.<o:p></o:p>
It is a nice purse though.<o:p></o:p>

Until my wife made this decision, I had no idea what a complete gap in support there was for women carrying issues. It really seems like a huge market gap. If someone can come up with convenient and comfortable ways for women to carry, they'd make a bunch of money.

Misty02
03-14-2009, 12:51
Until my wife made this decision, I had no idea what a complete gap in support there was for women carrying issues. It really seems like a huge market gap. If someone can come up with convenient and comfortable ways for women to carry, they'd make a bunch of money.

Indeed, they would! Soft clothing materials and no belts pose one heck of a challenge for any holster manufacturer. When I started, I designed an undershirt using an exercise tank and added pockets at various carry positions to adjust to the outer garments I would be wearing. That didnít prove practical for the hot <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">South Florida</st1:place> weather. In order for the undershirt to not move during a draw it had to be of sturdy and clingy spandex material. I wore my own personal portable sauna under my clothes for a couple of weeks before giving up and realizing that wasnít a good option. The belly band works well for some of the options I had in mind then.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Of course, we could give in and wear mostly pants or shorts with belt loops (youíll rarely see skirts with them) but I havenít gone that route either.<o:p></o:p>
Our ability to conceal while carrying at 3 or 4 oíclock (which is where I carry when wearing the belly band) without a cover garment is difficult. Our hips are larger than our torso thus a loose fitting blouse at the hip would be big on top. For me this option always requires a second piece of clothing worn open to cover the bulge on the back.<o:p></o:p>
Iíve seen people carrying at 1 oíclock but the idea of having the barrel of a gun pointed at a major artery while I sit is rather scary, this doesnít make concealment for us any easier either.<o:p></o:p>
Dresses are pretty much out of the question, I canít imagine carrying a G19 in a thigh holster without straps securing it to some hip or waist belt worn under clothes.<o:p></o:p>
Any manufacturer that attempts to tackle on-body womenís conceal carry will have their hands full, for sure. Adapting holsters for our many shapes and weathers would be a full time job.<o:p></o:p>
I am afraid that the best option for now is to have multiple holsters for the various types of clothes we wear and making the best of it.

Cat91
03-16-2009, 19:13
When I carry on my person I generally default to a shoulder rig under a light blazer or loose Oxford. That can work with skirts depending on what you're wearing. It works better with suits. But you can't take off your jacket.

I pack a full size semi-auto, currently an HK USP40. I've carried the FNP9, SiG Pro 2340, and Glock 23 in the past. And a 1911 for awhile, liked it a lot but prefer .40.

Miao, Cat

G2145
03-16-2009, 22:19
"IMHO"... the brown leather Coronado pic posted by jdavionic up above is a good CC bag; very unobvious. Fanny-packs are always suspected of being a CC bag. (Especially on guys who obviously have their wallet still in their hip pocket). The leather Coronado pic posted by Misty02 has a very obvious down-vertical zipper in the end which shouts CC inside. "Hobo" bags are so common they rate no interest from someone judging who is packing.
Just an aside regarding over-the-shoulder strap bags; the rear half of the strap is easily razor-cut by a perp coming up from behind. If you are handy with a stitching needle, a length of thin flexible twisted-wire cable threaded from one end of the strap to the other stops a knife from severing the strap. If the strap is completely severed from behind it is easily jerked from the owner in a street crowd. Such a cable doesn't have to ruin the strap; carefully threaded and secured at the ends it is invisible and undetectable on at least 6 different high-end leather purses that I know of.
The larger the piece, of course, the more difficult it is to CC. My wife can choose from a very wide selection of the "best" brands/calibers available today, but prefers her little Ruger LPC in .380 cal. Not a bad choice, as it is very light and small, she is accurate with it, works the slide easily, and it is extremely concealable.
Ladies have a more difficult job of CC than guys do. I personally use the "SOB" for both the Glock-21 and the 1911A1, but use it on the right side instead of the small of the back. Secured horizontally it presents a small profile easily covered by a vest.

Mrs.Cicero
03-24-2009, 08:53
I'll preface this by saying that we are aware of the issues carrying in a purse and it's not going to be her daily carry method. But my wife likes the look of the following bag. Do any of you own one? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
http://www.coronadoleather.com/upload/T20.jpg

http://www.coronadoleather.com/view.aspx?i=95&c=3&p=0

I like it. It's the same shape and strap configuration as my Maxpedition Fatboy, but way better looking. I may have to start saving for one, cause the Fatboy in black just won't fly thru the summer. What sold me on the Fatboy was the strap config - it doesn't cripple my back the way the Hobo did - the first month of carrying the hobo put me in the doctor's office because all the weight was off one shoulder. The Fatboy doesn't do that. I've put up with it's looks for precisely that reason - it's real nice to see something prettier is now available.
Mrs.C

jdavionic
03-24-2009, 11:15
I like it. It's the same shape and strap configuration as my Maxpedition Fatboy, but way better looking. I may have to start saving for one, cause the Fatboy in black just won't fly thru the summer. What sold me on the Fatboy was the strap config - it doesn't cripple my back the way the Hobo did - the first month of carrying the hobo put me in the doctor's office because all the weight was off one shoulder. The Fatboy doesn't do that. I've put up with it's looks for precisely that reason - it's real nice to see something prettier is now available.
Mrs.C

We put one on order and I just called today. They are still 4 wks out before delivery. I asked if it was a special order item or just a matter of out of stock. It's the latter.