3-14-09 North Florida GT Meet at Bradford [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3-14-09 North Florida GT Meet at Bradford

Norman
03-07-2009, 11:04
Well boys and girls, after plenty of time thinking and wondering whether the North Florida Glocktalkers would ever meet up (and there are lots of us in Gainesville, Jacksonville, Ocala, etc.), RMC85 and I have decided to make it happen.

Who: Any GT'ers or AR15'ers who want to get together...

What: To shoot firearms, shoot others' firearms, eat some good food, drink some tasty beverages, meet each other and our fine loved ones. Friends and family completely welcome, including the kids.

When: Saturday March 14th, starting at around 11am. Probably until about 2pm or 3pm.

Where: Bradford Sportsman's Farm, in Graham FL near Starke. This is between Gainesville and Jacksonville. $20 fee to shoot all day long.
http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/Home/

Why: Because we still can. :supergrin:

Important Range Info: We will have access to a 300yd range, but not the 600yd range. The 300yd range will be in use until sometime between 11am and 12 noon. After that, it's ours to use.

Important Event Info: We're doing lunch. I thought we might start arriving around 11am and cook up lunch first - because shooting on an empty stomach is no fun. Everyone can bring some lunch goodies, such as a portable grill, hotdogs, hamburgers, baby back ribs, baked beans, chips, sodas, water, or other beverages. We can organize all of that right here in this thread. I will update the info daily as people post what they will bring in terms of firearms and/or food. If your wife makes a fantastic dish that you want to bring, perfect. Whatever you think we might enjoy, bring it. But post here exactly what you CAN and WILL bring. I would hate for everyone to say they can bring something, and then we've got all kinds of food but the person who said they'd bring a grill didn't bring it, or didn't show.

List of GT'ers and AR15'ers who will attend

Norman
RMC85
Usingmyrights

List of Firearms being brought and by whom

Noveske 16" midlength N4 5.56 (Norman)
Walther PPS 9mm (Norman)
Glock 29 10mm (Norman)
Sabre AR (RMC85)
Remington 597 (RMC85)
Glock 23 (RMC85)
P7 (RMC85)
Too many possibles to list (Usingmyrights)

List of food and drink being brought and by whom

Authentic Spanish Gazpacho and French bread (Norman)
10 2-liters of assorted sodas and ice (RMC85)
Plastic cups (RMC85)

Usingmyrights
03-07-2009, 11:22
I've got my daughter that weekend, but will try to sneak away for a couple hours. I can bring a variety pack of firearms. One thing to keep in mind is that if IIRC you need to bring your own target stands. Its been over about 2 years since I've been there though. I'll let you know on the food.

Norman
03-07-2009, 11:24
I've got my daughter that weekend, but will try to sneak away for a couple hours. I can bring a variety pack of firearms.

Give me your laundry list, in case you'll allow others to try any of them if they're willing to pony up the ammo.

And if you can come for sure, can you bring anything for the picnic?

rmc85
03-07-2009, 11:37
For all who dont know Bradford Sportsmens Farm is a pretty nice place. At the 300 yard range there are benches and its covered so no worries about too much sun or rain. At the pistol range they have steel plates already set up but you are standing in the open with a small tables to set your things on.

Its $20 to shoot all day on the pistol and rifle range.

As Usingmyrights said bringing target stands for the 300 yard range is probably not a bad idea.

Usingmyrights
03-07-2009, 11:38
Give me your laundry list, in case you'll allow others to try any of them if they're willing to pony up the ammo.

And if you can come for sure, can you bring anything for the picnic?

Dang it you're going to make me go open my safe aren't you?

S&W 586 6"
S&W 19 4"
S&W 642 (with a factory triggerjob)
Ruger Police Service Six
Ruger Single Six
Browning GTI (for over at the skeet range)
Rem 870 Express Mag HD
Russian single shot 20ga
Sig 2022
M&P9
Glock 26
Glock 30
Kimber Classic Stainless Target
AMT AutomagII
Browning Buckmark Mircobull
Keltec P3AT
Rem 700CDL (270)
Savage 93R17BTV
10/22
Marlin 60
Yugo SKS
Win 275
S&W MP15T
Rem 41P
Win 94 (I want someone to shoot this, to make sure its not just me that can't anything with it)

I'll get back with you on the food. Probably grab some type of snack type stuff from Sams.

black_sedan
03-07-2009, 11:38
Sounds like fun, but I'll be out of town that weekend. Plus, I still havent bought my first glock to shoot so it wouldnt be much fun for me.

Hopefully, I'll be a Glock owner soon enough.

Usingmyrights
03-07-2009, 11:40
Unless the rules have changed they also allow Class III firearms as long at they're used in a safe manner of course. Some had set out a soccer ball last time I was there to "chase around"

rmc85
03-07-2009, 11:55
Unless the rules have changed they also allow Class III firearms as long at they're used in a safe manner of course. Some had set out a soccer ball last time I was there to "chase around"

Last time I was there I was 300 yards down the rifle range and see a guy at the pistol range and hear bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam...

He was shooting a grease gun.:supergrin:

rmc85
03-07-2009, 12:03
BTW a little more info on my guns.

Sabre Defence started out bone stock M4 but now has Samson Star C, EOTech 552.A65, Magpul MIAD, Magpul XTM rail covers, I hope to have my Magpul CTR and LaRue FUG by the shoot (fingers crossed).

Remington 597 is a semi auto .22 rifle and has a Bushnell 3-9X40 scope and I have some of the Remington factory 30 rounders.

Glock 23 .40 ...all stock except the night sights.

HK P7 is one of the german police guns. Its all stock but it shoots like a dream.

And I might bring some more stuff if I feel like hauling it around.

Norman
03-07-2009, 17:08
Ya know Ross, I would certainly like to try out that P7, just one mag would suffice. I know you're wanting to see how my Noveske compares to the Sabre. :winkie:

okie
03-07-2009, 22:03
I wish I could be there:crying:

Usingmyrights
03-07-2009, 23:49
Ya know Ross, I would certainly like to try out that P7, just one mag would suffice. I know you're wanting to see how my Noveske compares to the Sabre. :winkie:

I'll have to hide my 15T in the corner when you guys are comparing rifles. Nothing to brag about, but I needed an EBR for the collection and it seems like the best bang for the buck

Norman
03-08-2009, 06:02
I'll have to hide my 15T in the corner when you guys are comparing rifles. Nothing to brag about, but I needed an EBR for the collection and it seems like the best bang for the buck

That's just personal preference for me. Actually, it stems beyond personal preference and what I can actually secure in my house. I can't have as wide a collection as you have, in fact I had to sell off two firearms just to make room for the Noveske (both in wallet and in physical space).

I've been PM'ing everyone I know from this area, including everyone from the Gainesville Glocktalkers Group thread, and everyone seems to have plans on their books for that weekend and that day. We may, may, push back a week. I'd like to get a much better turnout than 3 of us.

Usingmyrights
03-08-2009, 09:14
That's just personal preference for me. Actually, it stems beyond personal preference and what I can actually secure in my house. I can't have as wide a collection as you have, in fact I had to sell off two firearms just to make room for the Noveske (both in wallet and in physical space).

I've been PM'ing everyone I know from this area, including everyone from the Gainesville Glocktalkers Group thread, and everyone seems to have plans on their books for that weekend and that day. We may, may, push back a week. I'd like to get a much better turnout than 3 of us.

Thatd probably be best. Like I said, I've got my daughter that weekend, so I'd have to get someone to watch her for me so I could go.

Norman
03-08-2009, 09:19
Thatd probably be best. Like I said, I've got my daughter that weekend, so I'd have to get someone to watch her for me so I could go.

And you shouldn't have to do that just to come out and shoot some.

rmc85
03-08-2009, 10:46

I didn't even think about it until now but the last shoot we did at Micanopy Shooting Sports is the reason I bought that P7. All it took was one mag and I was sold.

As far as AR goes I sure both your and my gun are far more accurate than I am. Its been a while since I've been out and I know its gonna be bad! I just want to shoot a Noveske:supergrin:.

rmc85
03-08-2009, 10:49

Thats fine by me...

what about the guy thats user name is isis something? I think I remember him being in the Gainesville area.

rmc85
03-08-2009, 10:53

It doesnt matter what it is...ERB's are just plain old fun! My brother has a 15T and he like it just fine.

rvrctyrngr
03-08-2009, 11:25
Like I told Norman in a PM, can't make the 14th, but if ya'll push it back a week, I'm in.

Norman
03-08-2009, 12:47
When I get some time tomorrow, I'll start a new thread for March 21st and ask the mods to delete this one. We'll do it right and have a good time. :thumbsup:

Mods, don't delete this one yet, I'll want to copy my original post.

Usingmyrights
03-08-2009, 22:35
If you're going to move it up a weekend, what will you guys be getting me for my birthday?

rvrctyrngr
03-09-2009, 08:50
If you're going to move it up a weekend, what will you guys be getting me for my birthday?

You can shoot my AK all you like (just save me a couple of mags of ammo at the end of the day)! :supergrin:

Usingmyrights
03-09-2009, 09:00
You can shoot my AK all you like (just save me a couple of mags of ammo at the end of the day)! :supergrin:

Does is it say something along the lines of "safe", "fire", and "hell yeah"? I could bring my own Ak ammo, but its all wolf

rvrctyrngr
03-09-2009, 09:10
Sorry, UMR...just a crappy civillian version, no rock-n-roll :crying:. Wolf's fine...that's what I have ('bout 500 rounds left).

njl
03-09-2009, 18:30
Dang it you're going to make me go open my safe aren't you?

S&W 586 6"
S&W 19 4"
S&W 642 (with a factory triggerjob)
Ruger Police Service Six
Ruger Single Six
Browning GTI (for over at the skeet range)
Rem 870 Express Mag HD
Russian single shot 20ga
Sig 2022
M&P9
Glock 26
Glock 30
Kimber Classic Stainless Target
AMT AutomagII
Browning Buckmark Mircobull
Keltec P3AT
Rem 700CDL (270)
Savage 93R17BTV
10/22
Marlin 60
Yugo SKS
Win 275
S&W MP15T
Rem 41P
Win 94 (I want someone to shoot this, to make sure its not just me that can't anything with it)

I'll get back with you on the food. Probably grab some type of snack type stuff from Sams.

Are you opening the safe, or just transporting it to Bradford Sporting Clays?

I'd love to attend, but not enough notice....We already have something lined up that's likely to eat up the whole weekend.

Norman
03-09-2009, 19:26
Are you opening the safe, or just transporting it to Bradford Sporting Clays?

I'd love to attend, but not enough notice....We already have something lined up that's likely to eat up the whole weekend.

We're gonna push back to 3/21. Can you make that?

njl
03-09-2009, 23:10
We're gonna push back to 3/21. Can you make that?

Possibly, but definitely don't reschedule just for me. I'm actually no longer in Gainesville. I didn't remember where they were, so I just checked their web site...it's even a further drive for me than Gainesville...so I'm not sure I'd make the 135 mile drive (each way).

It does look like they've done a lot of improvements since I was there last. Last time I was there, they had a couple of 25yd or shorter pistol ranges and no reactive targets. Now they apparently have 2 50yd pistol ranges, and it looks like all sorts of steel. That combined with the sporting clays course could be a fun day of shooting. It just sucks that it'd be 4+ hours of driving.

Norman
03-10-2009, 12:55
Possibly, but definitely don't reschedule just for me. I'm actually no longer in Gainesville. I didn't remember where they were, so I just checked their web site...it's even a further drive for me than Gainesville...so I'm not sure I'd make the 135 mile drive (each way).

Well, not JUST for you. But it'd be nice to have ya. :cool:

Dave1899
03-13-2009, 15:48
Wish I could make this long awaited get-to gether but I've got previous engangements. Hope to see pic's posted. Thanks for getting this going Norm.
David

rmc85
03-16-2009, 11:36
So who all is coming? I'm ready to shoot!

rvrctyrngr
03-16-2009, 13:22
Sorry gang...not going to make this one. Got some bad news about my wife's Dad over the weekend. I'll be out of commission the rest of the week and through the weekend.

Have a good time for me, will ya?

rmc85
03-18-2009, 07:26
Sorry to hear that rvrctyrngr. Seems like this is losing steam so we'll see how it goes.

Norman
03-18-2009, 08:27
I just got switched to weekends. Won't work for me now either.

Sad.

rmc85
03-18-2009, 09:00
Ok...so this is dead in the water.:crying:

Maybe in another month or two we can get something going.

rvrctyrngr
03-18-2009, 09:45
Sorry to hear that rvrctyrngr. Seems like this is losing steam so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks, brother. Not as bad as it first seemed.

Looks like Norman just got hosed, as well.

Let's look at a month or so out (before it get's stupid hot), so folks have time to plan.

RCR

ebb_tide33
04-07-2009, 21:04
I'm sorta new to posting on here but would like to meet up with a few of you guys to shoot. I'm trying to join the Williston shooting club but that Bradford Farm meet sounds fun too!
Mike