Masonic Funeral Service Tonight... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Masonic Funeral Service Tonight...

deputy tom
03-08-2009, 20:00
Well we performed the service for a 60 year member tonight.He was a member of my Blue Lodge,Scottish Rite 33rd degree,Shriner,and all around good guy.It saddened me that after all these years of service,not talking belonging,service that only a handfull of Brothers showed to give him a good send-off.There was a Past RWGM in attendance and a couple of Scottish Rite Brothers there, our Lodge's Officers and two family members that were Masons but all of us figured that we better hold up the service for the rest of them to get there.Nobody else came.I am asking each and every one of you here to make a personal goal to attend as many Masonic Funeral Services as you can.It is a duty we should not forget.Yours in the faith.tom.

jetboatdriver
03-09-2009, 21:46
Well we performed the service for a 60 year member tonight.He was a member of my Blue Lodge,Scottish Rite 33rd degree,Shriner,and all around good guy.It saddened me that after all these years of service,not talking belonging,service that only a handfull of Brothers showed to give him a good send-off.There was a Past RWGM in attendance and a couple of Scottish Rite Brothers there, our Lodge's Officers and two family members that were Masons but all of us figured that we better hold up the service for the rest of them to get there.Nobody else came.I am asking each and every one of you here to make a personal goal to attend as many Masonic Funeral Services as you can.It is a duty we should not forget.Yours in the faith.tom.

Tom, thanks for sharing this, may use it in a Lodge education session

deputy tom
03-10-2009, 06:19
That's a great idea.tom.:cool:

mmsig229
03-11-2009, 03:24
I agree. The last Masonic Funeral I attended was for one of our Past Masters. I was a part of the ceremony and it was standing room only. A Masonic service is very moving.