Problem with PNY SD cards [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PNY SD cards

Green_Manelishi
03-10-2009, 11:46
Anyone else have a problem with that brand? I bought two, new, PNY SDHC 4GB cards. Neither of them works. Good thing I decided to try them before I needed to use them.

Glkster19
03-10-2009, 13:31
Watch the SanDisk website. They frequently have rebates on their cards which make them as cheap or cheaper than others. Even if they are a couple dollars more they're worth it. It's all I've ever used in both my p&s and DSLR's, never a problem in 4-5 yrs. Last fall I bought ExtremeIII 8GB SDHC cards for $15 and change a piece after rebates. Some will say Lexar is a good brand, personally I can't comment, however I've never heard anything bad about them.

hwyhobo
03-10-2009, 13:54
Anyone else have a problem with that brand? I bought two, new, PNY SDHC 4GB cards. Neither of them works. Good thing I decided to try them before I needed to use them.

Did you buy these?

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-P-SDHC4G4X2-MF-Secure-Digital-High-Capacity/dp/B0015LCFYW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236714577&sr=1-4

Apparantly you are not the only one with problems.

I have never used them. Like Glkster19, I tend to use SanDisk. They're local to my area and have good reputation.

Green_Manelishi
03-10-2009, 16:15
Did you buy these?

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-P-SDHC4G4X2-MF-Secure-Digital-High-Capacity/dp/B0015LCFYW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236714577&sr=1-4

Apparantly you are not the only one with problems.

I have never used them. Like Glkster19, I tend to use SanDisk. They're local to my area and have good reputation.

Yup, those are the junkers. Cripes.

sjfrellc
03-10-2009, 20:30
The SDHC cards are not the same as SD cards. Only newer card readers can read them. Your card reader or camera must have the capability of reading them.

Green_Manelishi
03-11-2009, 08:30
The SDHC cards are not the same as SD cards. Only newer card readers can read them. Your card reader or camera must have the capability of reading them.

I know. From everything I've been told the camera will write to either SD or SDHC card. I know the card reader will not read them but that's not a problem. The fact remains the camera indicated it had formatted the cards but there were no images. I exchanged the PNY 4GB SDHC cards for two Sandisk cards and they work fine.

Texas357
03-11-2009, 12:09
I won't touch PNY. Sandisk has always worked for me just fine.