Where does everyone get their gun safes? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone get their gun safes?

Carbonfly
03-11-2009, 08:44
I'm looking for a place here in Columbia, SC that would be a good place to get a gun safe. I know that Dicks Sporting has safes and Shooter's choice has safes. Do locksmiths sell safes? Anyway to get a good deal on a repo safe?

Thanks for any help.

Beware Owner
03-11-2009, 08:46
My gun is safe on me.

Carbonfly
03-11-2009, 08:56
My gun is safe on me.

Haha.......Is this you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bMz0m6XHXs

Beware Owner
03-11-2009, 08:58

:wow: Uhh, no! Hold up, is it? :supergrin:

Eagle22
03-11-2009, 09:23

hell he did not even take out his back up units from both ankles of from between his shoulder blades.

Carbonfly
03-11-2009, 09:26
Seriously does no one have a gun safe?

Beware Owner
03-11-2009, 09:32
Sometimes good replies can take a day or two. People's schedules differ.

BadAndy
03-11-2009, 11:27
I don't have a safe, yet...only places I've seen locally that sell them are Sportsmans and Dicks like you already posted.

Thx-1138
03-11-2009, 13:27
I bought a GunVault from e-bay. But if you're looking for something to store more than a couple of handguns, I have no idea.

Carbonfly
03-11-2009, 13:39
I bought a GunVault from e-bay. But if you're looking for something to store more than a couple of handguns, I have no idea.

I'm looking for long gun storage. Thanks though. I've been eyeing a Stack-On 28 gun safe at Dick's for a couple of weeks. This weekend I'll probably head over to Shooter's choice and check to see if they have any deals.

BadAndy
03-11-2009, 13:45
Have you looked in the Carolina Trader? You may find a deal there.

Carbonfly
03-11-2009, 14:12
Have you looked in the Carolina Trader? You may find a deal there.

I guess I could do that. I just hate having to pay to look through ads.

jtull7
03-11-2009, 16:16
Costco. They deliver it to your house and place it where you want..

45/70 marlin
03-11-2009, 19:11
Lexington Pawn and Gun has some nice safes.

ranger88
03-11-2009, 19:51
I bought my Liberty safe ($800) from Shooter's Choice over a decade ago and it is still serving me well. Even though I would love to have a larger one. Depending on your age and income, I would suggest buying a safe larger than you think you currently need (to allow for expansion of your collection). And I would suggest staying away from the Stack-On or locker style metal safes. Get yourself a real safe and it will pay you back in peace of mind dividends. You should be able to get a heavy duty "real" safe for around a grand depending on size. That's about the price of a high quality firearm.

ranger88
03-11-2009, 19:54
Also if you go to Shooter's Choice to get your safe, don't be afraid to negotiate the price. Probably won't get much off in this market, but you never know. And of course, sometimes cash will get you a break on price as well. Do yourself a favor and get some friends to help you transport and install it in your house. The prices that they quote for delivery and set-up are a little on the high side.

Carbonfly
03-11-2009, 20:06
Just to be clear this the safe that I'm looking at. It's hardly a locker.

http://www.stack-on.com/securityplus/total_defense_series/gsxw-528.html

ranger88
03-11-2009, 20:46

Sorry. My bad. I wasn't trying to insult you, but the only Stack-On "safes" that I've ever seen are the ones at Sportsman's Warehouse or Dick's Sporting Goods. And they were essentially lockers. I apologize if I offended you.... :embarassed: You learn something new every day.

Carbonfly
03-11-2009, 21:43
Oh no. I wasn't offended. I was trying to make a point in a few words as possible. The wife was yelling for me to come to dinner. lol. I think might check out some pawn shops this weekend.

ranger88
03-11-2009, 22:56
No worries.

Just looked in the 1 week old Carolina Trader that I had lying around and the only gun safe listing is:

50 CU FT LIBERTY SAFE 42"W, 72.5"H, 27.5"D Granite color. Holds 43 long guns. Weighs about 1300 lbs. $1500. You must move. 803-414-6017

This is exactly how the ad is listed and I just transcribed it exactly. I don't know the seller or anything about the item other than what it says. If the safe is in reasonably good condition, then this is probably an outstanding deal. I really wish that I could upgrade to this one myself. But it is probably too heavy and too big to go upstairs where I need it. Best of luck in your search.

Glockphobia
03-12-2009, 04:15
Sorry. My bad. I wasn't trying to insult you, but the only Stack-On "safes" that I've ever seen are the ones at Sportsman's Warehouse or Dick's Sporting Goods. And they were essentially lockers. I apologize if I offended you.... :embarassed: You learn something new every day.

no, just insult me, j/k:tongueout: but, yea, my wife bought me one like you're talking about. and at that its only an 8 rifle cabinet! i remember, my wife calling me at work, telling me she went and got me a gun safe (i'm thinking HEAVY and BIG). i get home and im looking for someway to get it out, nudge it and think "this thing is made out of beer cans" ha ha! but, yea, i need a new, bigger, real safe myself. housing an ar15, ar10, mini-14, 2shotguns, ruger 10/22, rem nylon12, 3- glocks, a .38, and mags for all the above.

Carbonfly
03-12-2009, 07:33
No worries.

Just looked in the 1 week old Carolina Trader that I had lying around and the only gun safe listing is:

50 CU FT LIBERTY SAFE 42"W, 72.5"H, 27.5"D Granite color. Holds 43 long guns. Weighs about 1300 lbs. $1500. You must move. 803-414-6017

This is exactly how the ad is listed and I just transcribed it exactly. I don't know the seller or anything about the item other than what it says. If the safe is in reasonably good condition, then this is probably an outstanding deal. I really wish that I could upgrade to this one myself. But it is probably too heavy and too big to go upstairs where I need it. Best of luck in your search.

Haha. wow. That sounds like an awesome, huge safe. My wife would never go for it though. She thinks the one that I linked to is too big. So I had you use the buy once, cry once scenario. And tell her that she could store her jewelry in it to.

ranger88
03-12-2009, 14:34
Haha. wow. That sounds like an awesome, huge safe. My wife would never go for it though. She thinks the one that I linked to is too big. So I had you use the buy once, cry once scenario. And tell her that she could store her jewelry in it to.

You'll be amazed at how easy it is to fill a safe up with guns, jewelry, important documents, and even small electronics. I keep my portable back-up hard drive in mine along with all of the aforementioned items. And mine is just about full to the top. I have to rearrange it everytime that I pick up something new. And I'll have to sell a rifle before I get another.

CarlosC
03-12-2009, 15:01
Try Sam's Club. They have Remington and Winchester (logos anyway) for very reasonable prices. UL listed, fire resistant, S&G locks, some with recessed doors and internal hinges. I picked mine up a few years for $650 for a Remington 18-gun. I am very happy with it.

TimNC
03-13-2009, 19:01
I'm looking for long gun storage. Thanks though. I've been eyeing a Stack-On 28 gun safe at Dick's for a couple of weeks. This weekend I'll probably head over to Shooter's choice and check to see if they have any deals.

I have a Stack-On its good for keeping the kids away from the guns but I think a thief with a crowbar could break into it pretty easily.

Sgt. Schultz
03-14-2009, 08:07
Along with the places already mentioned Lowes and Home Depot also sell gun safes; that said Iím leaning towards a Liberty safe at Shooter's Choice.

ravenkeeper98
03-14-2009, 08:16
Seriously does no one have a gun safe?

I just got this one delivered 2 months ago:
http://www.patriotsafe.com/gun-safes-30wide.html

ranger88
03-14-2009, 12:01
Along with the places already mentioned Lowes and Home Depot also sell gun safes; that said Iím leaning towards a Liberty safe at Shooter's Choice.

The prices on the gun safes at Shooter's Choice are not bad at all, in my opinion. And they will negotiate, for the most part. I've had my Liberty for over a decade and couldn't be happier with it. Okay.... so I wish that I had gotten one that was a little bigger. Okay, okay... alot bigger. :supergrin:

leper65
03-26-2009, 07:29
Tractor Supply is an authorized Cannon gunsafe dealer. The one here usually has a couple on the floor. I would think they can order what you want...

Short Bus
03-27-2009, 10:19
Lowes hardware, Dick's, Tractor Supply, Sam's, Costco, as well as local hunting stores in your area. I would call a lock smith as well. Many times they come across safes that are deal.

That 50 cubic footer is an awesome deal. That is probably a $4000 safe easy.

southernreign
03-28-2009, 13:13

Hyatt Guns in Charlotte sells ALL kinds of safes and you can check them online too.
I suggest taking a trip up there and bring a truck!

Not the cheapest place around, but the service is great... the people that work there are the nicest around.

Carbonfly
03-29-2009, 18:26
Well my safe arrived today! A friend of mine brought his truck so we could get it. It took a little work to get the safe into it's place but now we are ready to rock.

Here it is.......

ranger88
03-30-2009, 00:16
Well my safe arrived today! A friend of mine brought his truck so we could get it. It took a little work to get the safe into it's place but now we are ready to rock.

Here it is.......

Looks good! Now for the fun part of filling it up! :supergrin:

Carbonfly
03-30-2009, 05:11
Looks good! Now for the fun part of filling it up! :supergrin:

Yes! The wife is under some delusion that she is going to be able to put her jewelry in this safe. I don't know where she got that idea. :rofl:

Eagle22
03-30-2009, 05:52
Yes! The wife is under some delusion that she is going to be able to put her jewelry in this safe. I don't know where she got that idea. :rofl:

my wife saw one of those HUGE stainless steel Kolbat rolling tool chests at Lowe's last year. She said, " WOW Now that is a jewelery box. I want it"

mlr777
04-11-2009, 11:59
griffin interprises liberty safes chesterfield SC 1800-301-3562 good guy great prices