new nco here [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new nco here

pt945
03-11-2009, 20:30
I just got the call this afternoon i finally got my e-5 :woohoo: i has taken forever waiting for a slot to open up but i made it.......

The Maggy
03-11-2009, 23:01
How long ago did you go to the board?

Congrats.

EagleOne716
03-12-2009, 09:22
Congrats "Buck" Sergeant
Remember when I pinned on my E-5 pins (actually, had them "Installed", but that was the old days).
Be the Sergeant that your troops deserve. Take care of them, and they will always respect you.
From an old NCO....
:drillsgt:

GreenBeret1631
03-12-2009, 14:06
Congrats "Buck" Sergeant
Remember when I pinned on my E-5 pins (actually, had them "Installed", but that was the old days).
Be the Sergeant that your troops deserve. Take care of them, and they will always respect you.
From an old NCO....
:drillsgt:

Good advice, from another old NCO.

AF-Odin
03-12-2009, 19:01
Congratulations on joining the "Keepers of the standards." Always remember to take care of your Soldiers!

pt945
03-12-2009, 19:14
the maggy the fist time i went was 1992 just before clinton deactivated my unit and i got out. i went again in 1995 in the guard but due to family reasons i had to get out after my contract was up and never got pinned. now there is no board it is a points list and slot availability. i have had the job for about 3 years but no rank due to no slots open. we are looking at deploying in oct of this year and SEVERAL people have got out for many unique reasons.

EagleOne716 even though we are a all velcro army now i have a commander that still does his part to PIN them to you. we just had a guy promoted to SSG. he was knocked back about 10 to 15 paces from a direct punch to the chest.

i have had several years or leading my men and i had several great role models that have helped me see the value of working with and encouraging my men. i had a section chief that has been the man i patterned my leadership style after he was the one that would run pt with you on your off days clean the latrine beside you basicly he would never ask anyone to do anything he would not do.

any other advice will be appriciated

thanks
chris