Question on glock 30... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on glock 30...

theTactician
03-12-2009, 16:28
I just got back from the range today. i only fired 200 rounds through my glock 30. So, it's still pretty much very accurate, no question about that but the problem i experienced was after firing a couple of shots, the slide doesnt fully go back to its position such that i had to push the slide forward with either my thumb or my palm so i can fire another round again. :wow: it happened not just once but many times. i was kinda upset. this gun is brand new and yet this kind of malfunction is happenin.
my buddy said that it could be due to poor lubrication. it could just be a minor thing but who knows? any ideas guys? did any of you experience this?:crying:

Allegra
03-12-2009, 17:14
Waht ammo are you using? check kung up to specs
or There could be wax or lubricant sa chamber kaya masikip

kcboy
03-12-2009, 18:10
check the ammo, and lube the slide, make you sure you use fmj ammos and not reloads, that should fic the problem.

theTactician
03-12-2009, 23:09
yeah, iniisip ko nga hindi masyadong nag-fefeed properly yung ammo sa chamber kaya di bumabalik yung slide. this happened the first time kanina. i was using the federal american eagle ammo 230 gr. 45 acp. and also the independence 45 acp 230 grain rounds. i noticed that when i used the independence, my glock's slide was really "lead-dirty" on the outside. though, i dont wanna blame the independence rounds but i bought it coz it was cheaper than the other brands(which is stupid i believe on my part). if these independence rounds are what they seem to be, they could probably have caused my barrel to be dirty and could probably be the cause of the misfeeds. what do you guys think?
anyway, i just cleaned it and hopefully it wont cause the same problems again.

Allegra
03-12-2009, 23:23
yeah, iniisip ko nga hindi masyadong nag-fefeed properly yung ammo sa chamber kaya di bumabalik yung slide. this happened the first time kanina. i was using the federal american eagle ammo 230 gr. 45 acp. and also the independence 45 acp 230 grain rounds. i noticed that when i used the independence, my glock's slide was really "lead-dirty" on the outside. though, i dont wanna blame the independence rounds but i bought it coz it was cheaper than the other brands(which is stupid i believe on my part). if these independence rounds are what they seem to be, they could probably have caused my barrel to be dirty and could probably be the cause of the misfeeds. what do you guys think?
anyway, i just cleaned it and hopefully it wont cause the same problems again.

Take the barrel off and examine the chamber bro
gum from lead wax , unburned powder , lead fillings or all of the above can quickly foul up the chamber

at least you get to practice your malf drills hehe

theTactician
03-13-2009, 00:25
Take the barrel off and examine the chamber bro
gum from lead wax , unburned powder , lead fillings or all of the above can quickly foul up the chamber

at least you get to practice your malf drills hehe

yeah.. hehehehe. it was just annoying doing that to a new gun.:supergrin: