03-14-2009, 19:47
Guys,
I bought a Gi kahapon
I was wondering about the fit
Pano ba dapat tamang fit sa BJJ Gi?
Yung Gi ( Gameness pearl ) ay size A3
The top when it shrinks should fit fine
Kaso yung bottom mejo bitin , baka mag shrink lalo maging bitin
Should I have bought the size A4 instead ng hindi bitin yung pants?
or talagang bitin yung pants?
sa mga pics kasi sa gameness website mahaba yung pants
btw, I'm 6'2' , 190lbs , waistline 34

Thanks!

bikethief
03-14-2009, 20:07
Ok lang yung medyo bitin. The pants shouldn't be in contact with the mats when you rstanding up. Get the smallest size you can wear comfortably so your opponent has less material to grab!

superman79
03-15-2009, 01:47
Ok lang yung medyo bitin. The pants shouldn't be in contact with the mats when you rstanding up. Get the smallest size you can wear comfortably so your opponent has less material to grab!

I second that! As for thr Pearl weave top, it will not shrink anymore. Those are usually pre-shrunk

theTactician
03-15-2009, 03:52
I second that! As for thr Pearl weave top, it will not shrink anymore. Those are usually pre-shrunk

i agree. mas maganda pag wala masyadong makapitan yung kalaban. the gi should fit just right. otherwise, pag-loose masyado, you're susceptible to brabo or any lapel chokes.
i would also recommend the keiko raca's, koral and atama gi's. they're very very good.

Allegra
03-15-2009, 10:36
Thanks guys
I'm hoping the pants wont look like capri pants after washing hehe
Jaime , the owner of K1 told me hindi pa daw pre-shrunk yung gameness
I hope not , I look like the karate kid sa luwag
Yung koral daw ang pre shrunk
I wanted the koral kaso hangang A2 lang ang size

theTactician
03-15-2009, 22:34
Thanks guys
I'm hoping the pants wont look like capri pants after washing hehe
Jaime , the owner of K1 told me hindi pa daw pre-shrunk yung gameness
I hope not , I look like the karate kid sa luwag
Yung koral daw ang pre shrunk
I wanted the koral kaso hangang A2 lang ang size

indeed, koral's are pre-shrunk. if you can find one your size, that would be great. get the navy blue color, its a pretty cool color and is allowed in competitions. But for training purposes, gameness is very good.
for me, im still kinda biased. i do have our academy's gracie barra gis but still i love using my keikos. and keiko gis are a little bit cheaper than the korals.

superman79
03-16-2009, 00:32
I've tried almost all kimono brands out there! The one that fit the best and is tough to hold, is my black lucky kimono. Great kimono, but the price is very expensive. The kimono i alternate, is my Isami special weave. Very light and is comparable to the any pearl type weave. It's my first japanese kimono. Very good for training when you want something light and for comfort.

theTactician
03-16-2009, 01:28
I've tried almost all kimono brands out there! The one that fit the best and is tough to hold, is my black lucky kimono. Great kimono, but the price is very expensive. The kimono i alternate, is my Isami special weave. Very light and is comparable to the any pearl type weave. It's my first japanese kimono. Very good for training when you want something light and for comfort.

both the isami and lucky gis are very expensive indeed.

Allegra
03-16-2009, 05:03
dapat pala nag tanong muna ako :)

theTactician
03-16-2009, 15:00
try the atama gis too sir, they're also pretty good like the korals and the keikos and they're not that expensive but very dependable and pre-shrunk. unless you wanted the pricey ones.:supergrin:

Allegra
03-16-2009, 17:16
try the atama gis too sir, they're also pretty good like the korals and the keikos and they're not that expensive but very dependable and pre-shrunk. unless you wanted the pricey ones.:supergrin:

Pards, how you know a good gi over an inferior model?
durability? weight?

superman79
03-16-2009, 22:50
durability? weight?

What ever fits you the best. In the end, it's is all up to your preference. I like Bull Terrier and Lucky but koral, ouano, and gameness are good too. If you're on a budget, go with blank gis from OTM. Good quality. Problem is, blank gis aren't available here in manila and all imported gis are too expensive.
Whenever i go to the US i get 2 or 3 gis so i wont have to buy within the year. Haha!:rofl:

Allegra
03-17-2009, 09:35
mejo mahaba pa rin yung top afterwashing
I soaked it warm water, hope it shrinks somemore

theTactician
03-17-2009, 12:53
durability? weight?

for me sir, IMHO, i think gi preference whether it is durable, tough or lightweight is purely subjective. But there are gis that are indeed both tough and lightweight, at least some of their manufacturers claim them to be. Some gis are actually very good and they cost cheaper than most leading brands that are more expensive because they are popular and backed by big BJJ names like rafael lovato jr, paulo filho, etc... Try what fits you best. It should basically fit you right, not too loose and not too tight. Then if you have a weighing scale on, check, which gi makes you lighter coz some gis weigh 2 lbs or more. As for toughness, durability, most gis last a long long time. My instructor, in fact still has his gameness gi which has survived for a long time now. it looks worn out but he still lends it to newcomers who dont have a gi yet and it does look tough. he says its battle-tested in competitions and although he doesnt use them anymore, it has survived for many years.
Anyway, hope this helps. As for me, I prefer keiko racas coz they're worn by two of my idols: Reubens charles cobrinha and Braulio Carcarra Estima. And these gis are very good. heheeh.