Wolfgang
03-15-2009, 17:02
Will it be a mad rush?

Reswob
03-15-2009, 18:32
If the 7-8 is any indication - yes.

93GT
03-15-2009, 18:53
Line around the parking lot in Richmond last weekend. Still found 9mm and 40 hollowpoint, reasonable AK mags, and prices were about the same as last month on AR's and AK's. I pretty much walked around kicking myself in the ass for not buying an AK-74.

The Habit
03-19-2009, 15:57
The last Roanoke show I went to was a mad house (sometime in the fall of '08). Prices were crazy as well. Although, Trader Jerry's had the biggest selection I've ever seen them bring out to a show in Roanoke/Salem. I went with the sole purpose of selling one of my HK P7's. If you want to sell, don't plan on doing it outside. They had signs posted all over the place that soliciting outside of the show was a no-go. IIRC, selling outside the show on Civic Center property would get you a trespassing charge. Can anyone clarify that?

Wolfgang
03-19-2009, 17:17
I'm in Danville and about to conclude I'll stay here.

sugarcreek
03-19-2009, 17:27
I am local...wish to sell G19 w/ a DS--- serial number plus 4 high caps (some preban?) and a Kahr MK9...

DO I HAVE TO HAVE A TABLE TO SELL THESE AT THE SHOW?

Reswob
03-19-2009, 20:58
I am local...wish to sell G19 w/ a DS--- serial number plus 4 high caps (some preban?) and a Kahr MK9...

DO I HAVE TO HAVE A TABLE TO SELL THESE AT THE SHOW?
Tape a sign to your back and/or carry around the box with a "for sale, $xxx" sign. If that's all you're going for, get there early and walk by the line waiting to get in, you might sell it right there.

The Habit
03-20-2009, 09:25
Tape a sign to your back and/or carry around the box with a "for sale, $xxx" sign. If that's all you're going for, get there early and walk by the line waiting to get in, you might sell it right there.

Agreed. I just tape a sign to the gun box or have my wife carry a sign. The only thing that's mildly annoying are the tire kickers that have no intention of buying but just want to "see what you have". With that said, every gun that I've taken to a gun show to sell has been purchased within 30 minutes. Then my wife takes the money and makes me leave before I can turn around and spend it. :crying:

CurtisL
03-20-2009, 16:45
I plan on going. Went to the last one which was pretty busy. My I'm going with a buddy who's looking to get a G26.

Wolfgang
03-21-2009, 10:42
Any report?

GSD/G23
03-21-2009, 11:37
Here is an early and highly unofficial report: My buddies and I got in line at 0840 at the Civic Center (after the obligatory ninety-nine cent heart attack from the McDonald's located across the street) and there were apx. two hundred people in front of us. That sounds bad but it was actually good because there were at least three hundred good folks behind us!

We made it into the show at 0915 and proceeded to the Georgia Arms table where we once again got in line behind that group of two hundred people who were in the ticket line before us. After waiting in line to buy .223 FMJ (500 rounds for $210) we then proceeded to check out the other tables where we found the three hundred people who were in line behind us!

I did notice a decent supply of AR15's in several brand names which have not been available at the shows since just prior to ...... the election. I don't consider myself to be an AR expert but prices seemed to range from $919 - $1395 depending on brand and options which seemed fairly good when you consider the current economic and political climates.

I couldn't get a feel for how much merchandise was going out the door but many people seemed to be carrying a small ammo can under one arm. I don't know if the dealers will make much money this weekend but the show promoter certainly is off to a flying start!

Dan
03-21-2009, 21:22
Any report?

It was CrAzY!

Dont know if Georgia Arms will be sticking around for the Sunday show... they were pretty much cleaned out.