Hello Ladies and Gents! Anything to do... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Ladies and Gents! Anything to do...

TLHelmer
03-16-2009, 05:54
around lookout mountain that you would consider a must? I am taking my family there over spring break.

I have heard it is a beautiful area.

82ndVet
03-17-2009, 07:55
Lookout mountain in Chattanooga, TN is nice. On a clear day, you'll be able to see pretty far. Other things to do and see are Rock City, Ruby Falls, Chattanooga Choo Choo, and the Tn Aquarium. The prettiest place for me is on the ride into Chattanooga on I-24E around Nickajack Lake. Be sure you stop at the rest area just after crossing over the lake. Good views and good info brochures on Chattanooga attractions.:wavey:

TLHelmer
03-17-2009, 16:07
We are staying at a camp in Georgia!

TLHelmer
03-17-2009, 18:19
Trenton Ga to be exact! Thanks for your response!

TLHelmer
03-17-2009, 18:20
Lookout mountain in Chattanooga, TN is nice. On a clear day, you'll be able to see pretty far. Other things to do and see are Rock City, Ruby Falls, Chattanooga Choo Choo, and the Tn Aquarium. The prettiest place for me is on the ride into Chattanooga on I-24E around Nickajack Lake. Be sure you stop at the rest area just after crossing over the lake. Good views and good info brochures on Chattanooga attractions.:wavey:

Is Nickajack cave near there?

thooks
03-17-2009, 19:17
Downtown Chattanooga is nice, it has been re-built. The aquarium there is just as good if not better than ATL.

If you like cast iron cookware, stop by the Lodge Cast Iron store in South Pittsburgh, TN.

Do Rock City/Ruby Falls/Incline Railway in Chattanooga, buy one ticket for all three.

Y-NotG23
03-17-2009, 20:45
Trenton is close enough to TN to do several things in the Chattanooga area.
It's a bit of a ride to the Atlanta area. Around Atlanta, you have Stone Mtn, Six Flags, all sorts of civil war museums.

Just outside of Chattanooga you have the "Lost Sea" which is pretty cool.
http://www.thelostsea.com/

TLHelmer
03-18-2009, 05:41
Thanks guys!

jtrent
03-23-2009, 09:51
Chickamauga Battlefield is pretty incredible if you're into Civil War History.

TLHelmer
03-23-2009, 15:58
Chickamauga Battlefield is pretty incredible if you're into Civil War History.

Thanks! I love history! Now I just need to convince my family that they want to go see the battlefield!