What is a good beginner DSLR??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What is a good beginner DSLR???

BobRicks
03-16-2009, 18:37
Thinking about buying a digital SLR camera just because I think I would like one. Any of you photog's like to share your opinion on a good beginner digital SLR??

Thanks in advance.

Bob

TimP
03-16-2009, 19:55
canon rebel XT, XTI, XS, XSI

any of those are great SLR cameras, and will take better pictures than you can, at least initially.

I have a bottom of the line XT, and my photos are all over the new Guns & Ammo book of the AK-47, in store now by the way ;)

JimBianchi
03-16-2009, 21:50
Canon
or
Nikon

Buy what you like.

I like Canon.

airmotive
03-17-2009, 10:27
What's your budget?

gdvan01
03-17-2009, 10:57
What's your budget?

That's the better question to be asked.

Green_Manelishi
03-17-2009, 11:24
After you decide on your budget, go to a store and handle the various cameras that fit your budget and have the features you desire. Make your selection based on which camera seems to best fit your hand. If you don't like "the feel" of the camera you'll be less likely to spend time taking photos with it, and taking photos is the only way to learn how to use it.

BobRicks
03-17-2009, 20:26
Thanks for the replies. Sorry I didn't put a $ amount I had in mind! I found a Pentax *ist DL that was supposed to be a demo for $263.00. It came with the 18-55 lens. When I got it home and opened the box, I don't think it had even been used. The batteries were still in the packaging, and all of the cables, straps, etc. still were in the package and taped shut. The lens looked like it had not even been out of the box. It came with a full one year warranty, so I went ahead and bought it.

Wasn't really looking to spend a lot of money, but really just wanted a beginner DSLR, and I think this one will fit the bill just fine.

hwyhobo
03-17-2009, 22:31
I believe it uses the same 6MP sensor as Nikon D40. You should be quite happy with it.