NC Carry in Restaurants and Parks going to vote [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NC Carry in Restaurants and Parks going to vote

NC Bullseye
03-17-2009, 12:47
Judiciary III committee will be meeting on March 19 to vote on HB269 which is the CHP in parks bill and HB270 which is the CHP in restaurants that serve alcohol.

Email the committee members to vote for these. Doing that is lots better than filling out the on line polls.

Eagle22
03-17-2009, 13:32
Done.

magpie maniac
03-17-2009, 14:51
Link to committee members here (http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/committees/Committees.asp?sAction=ViewCommittee&sActionDetails=House+Standing_31).

NC Bullseye
03-17-2009, 20:56
Link to committee members here (http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/committees/Committees.asp?sAction=ViewCommittee&sActionDetails=House+Standing_31).

Thanks MM!

Bogey
03-17-2009, 21:15
Just found this post.

It's a little late tonight, so I'll get on this after work tomorrow.

Thanks for the link!!!

JohnHoliday
03-17-2009, 21:44
Thanks for the link!!!!!!!

Here is a list of the email address. I'll be working on a letter, and will send it out tonight or tomorrow!

Ron.Sutton@ncleg.net
Leo.Daughtry@ncleg.net
Bill.Faison@ncleg.net
Ray.Warren@ncleg.net
Tricia.Cotham@ncleg.net
Susan.Fisher@ncleg.net
David.Guice@ncleg.net
Phillip.Haire@ncleg.net
Maggie.Jeffus@ncleg.net
David.Lewis@ncleg.net
Nick.Mackey@ncleg.net
Mickey.Michaux@ncleg.net
Grey.Mills@ncleg.net
Shirley.Randleman@ncleg.net
Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
Alice.Underhill@ncleg.net
Laura.Wiley@ncleg.net

purpledragonlily
03-17-2009, 21:57
I emailed the whole list. There is a thread on this in political issues too.

Ponykiln
03-18-2009, 09:52
I emailed this entire list as well. Question for you guys you email there Reps often. Do you guys use the "request receipt" function so you know when they have opened the e-mails? I used this function for my e-mail, only three of the Reps have even looked at the e-mail. I sent the e-mail yesterday afternoon.

Thanks

NC Bullseye
03-18-2009, 12:40
I emailed this entire list as well. Question for you guys you email there Reps often. Do you guys use the "request receipt" function so you know when they have opened the e-mails? I used this function for my e-mail, only three of the Reps have even looked at the e-mail. I sent the e-mail yesterday afternoon.

Thanks

I don't use it myself but I don't worry about them not reading it. They know that they best not ignore their boss(es). They will read them and count the opinions voiced. The more in favor the more weight we have with how they will react.

Just keep in mind that the reps are being swamped by not only us but every cause has people voicing their opinions so it may take a while.

That's a good reason to get busy as soon as possible!

Glad you got your emails out too!

magpie maniac
03-18-2009, 20:15
Well, I got my emails out today. Here's to hoping they read them and act accordingly.

NC Bullseye
03-19-2009, 14:18
Sounds like the Park one got withdrawn and the Restaurant one got sent to a sub committee in the Judiciary III group.

Gotta keep at em.

magpie maniac
03-19-2009, 14:54
I've had good responses from reps I've emailed. Several have replied thanking me for my message and Rep. David Lewis said that he strongly supports both HB269 and HB270. Kudos to that fine gentleman.

JohnHoliday
03-19-2009, 15:16
So, what is the plan of action now? New people to email?

NC Bullseye
03-19-2009, 15:31
So, what is the plan of action now? New people to email?

As soon as I get a response back I'll let you know who we need to contact on H270.

As for H269 it sounds like it's now history. It will have to be resubmitted at a later date and the process started all over.

JohnHoliday
03-19-2009, 18:45
As soon as I get a response back I'll let you know who we need to contact on H270.

As for H269 it sounds like it's now history. It will have to be resubmitted at a later date and the process started all over.

Thanks for your work on this NC Bullseye! I'm sad that H269 is gone, but restaurants was much more important to me. I emphasized it a lot more in my emails, even though I did talk about both bills.

I've only received positive emails so far, with an exceptionally positive one from David Lewis, so that is a good sign.

USMC Ryfleman
03-21-2009, 09:37
Do we have a verdict?

NC Bullseye
03-21-2009, 20:45
Do we have a verdict?

The true optimist eh? :rofl:

Haven't even been able to find out who is on the sub committee yet. Will keep ya'll posted as soon as I hear back.

lbritt
03-24-2009, 10:11
I believe H270 is sponsored by all Republicans. The Judiciary III committee has seven Republicans and 10 Dem's. Time and efforts would be well spent seeking the support of the Dem's on this issue. If you are from Robeson, Caswell, Orange, Alexander, Catawba, Mecklenburg, Buncombe, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Swain, Guilford, Durham, Craven, or Pamlico Counties then you have Dem. Representatives on the committee. Let them know if you are from their area when you call or send emails.

Cody Jarrett
03-24-2009, 10:16
Any state with a law against carrying in a restaurant is not worth living in. What's next? Your one step away from Washington D.C. laws

NC Bullseye
03-24-2009, 11:54
Any state with a law against carrying in a restaurant is not worth living in. What's next? Your one step away from Washington D.C. laws

Thanks for your note worthy reply. :upeyes:

NC Bullseye
03-24-2009, 14:43
UPDATE 3-24-09

The Sub committee for H270 is :

State Representative Thom Tillis (R-98)
919-733-5828
Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net

State Representative R. Phillip Haire (D-119)
919-715-3005
Phillip.Haire@ncleg.net

State Representative Henry M. Michaux, Jr. (D-31)
919-715-2528
Mickey.Michaux@ncleg.net

Ponykiln
03-24-2009, 17:40
Another email sent

Ponykiln
03-26-2009, 04:48
I was albe to get a few members of another local forum to e-mail the reps. as well.

Short Bus
03-26-2009, 06:26
Email has been sent.

jdwatson
03-26-2009, 08:13
I just found this thread. Am I too late to e-mail the committee ? Should I also e-mail my two reps (house and senate) or wait until the bill leaves committee ?

NC Bullseye
03-26-2009, 11:58
I just found this thread. Am I too late to e-mail the committee ? Should I also e-mail my two reps (house and senate) or wait until the bill leaves committee ?

NO! Not to late at all!!!

Call, write, send letters, drive over there and give the evil eye, what ever you can do to show your support for passing these.

You can still email not only the sub committee for the time being but email the entire JIII committee in a day or two to ask their support too since it will go back the the whole committee for a vote after the sub committee looks it over.

As for your personal reps, yes, write and call them too asking for their support since it will come back to the whole group after the JIII gets done.

Thanks for getting involved.

southernreign
03-30-2009, 12:29
Judiciary III committee will be meeting on March 19 to vote on HB269 which is the CHP in parks bill and HB270 which is the CHP in restaurants that serve alcohol.

Email the committee members to vote for these. Doing that is lots better than filling out the on line polls.

Any updates on these?

lbritt
03-30-2009, 14:06
It does not appear that the Bill has made the J III calendar yet.

NC Bullseye
03-30-2009, 22:10
It does not appear that the Bill has made the J III calendar yet.

As far as I know, they don't list the sub committee meetings so we just have to keep hammering at them.

We need to keep the emails and faxes and calls going.

lbritt
03-31-2009, 17:14
I was at the Legislature today for meetings unrelated to this topic. While I was there I talked with a few people about H270 who would be considered to be "in the know" around the halls. I did not receive any positive response about the bill. Most believe it was placed in the J III sub-committee as it's final resting place to die a slow death. Apparently there are several groups who oppose the bill. I think it will take a big push to get this bill calendered and out of sub-committee.

As a side note, while any contact with your representative is good, written/mailed letters and personal calls/contact are the best. Emails are sometimes screened by legislative assistants and are easily deleted with a click of the mouse. Not always, just sometimes.

Keep the pressure on.

Thx-1138
03-31-2009, 18:14
Most believe it was placed in the J III sub-committee as it's final resting place to die a slow death.

That's what I was afraid of.

Short Bus
03-31-2009, 18:17
I hope that is not where it dies. Keep on it y'all.