Dealing with lost, or no Medical Records [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with lost, or no Medical Records

akapennypincher
03-18-2009, 05:42
i recently discovered that Navel Medical personal did not document a lot when I was under their care. Guess this was not an uncommon event, as yesterday I received an e-mail from a buddy I was in the Marines with. After we were talking about a Knee Injury i got in a training accident.

He stated:, Good luck on the knee thing but I would not have much hope.* I thrashed my knee playing on the NAS Memphis baseball team while I was going to school there and I was in a brace and crutches for 12 weeks and when I recently sent away for my Marine Corps medical records there was not a mention of it anywhere.* *There should have been X ray reports, light duty chits, etc..* Nada, not a thing.

Honestly I can not believe he was under medical care for 12 weeks, and no records of his injury, or medical care, etc. was documented by Navel Medical Personal.

Can not believe record of injuries, treatment was put down in black & white, and ask if anyone else has had similar problem documenting medical treatment when in service?

chuckman
03-18-2009, 11:04
This happens. Losing parts of records. Not having medical treatment documented is next to impossible, though. The best first step is to call the hospital where the event was, talk with someone in records, and see if they can trace it. You should know that the .mil makes copies of everything. It is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to have been a victim of military medicine (said tongue in cheek) and not have the medical care written somewhere. If it has been a long time, you may have trouble.

akapennypincher
03-18-2009, 14:55
Thanks for the head up, and letters willl be written this evening.

NavDoc
03-20-2009, 09:00
There may be a duplicate record in the files room that contains the incident. If the incident was placed into the CHCS computer, then it may be possible to get at least the dates of your previous appointments, etc.

akapennypincher
03-20-2009, 14:56
How would you world go about getting these "Clinic" records???