PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans Warehouse Roaonke Liquidation

Dan
03-18-2009, 17:39
Any get any good deals?

So the store is 10%-30% off

Fishing tackle is 20% off

Rods, Reels, and boxes 10%

Mostly all the gun accessories are gone.

Knives 10%

Later this week or this weekend, the discounts are to increase... So Ive been told.

***NO DISCOUNTS on guns and ammo

klt1986
03-18-2009, 18:51
Any get any good deals?

So the store is 10%-30% off

Fishing tackle is 20% off

Rods, Reels, and boxes 10%

Mostly all the gun accessories are gone.

Knives 10%

Later this week or this weekend, the discounts are to increase... So Ive been told.

***NO DISCOUNTS on guns and ammo

When do they close for good?

Richard Simmons
03-19-2009, 08:27
When I was in there on Monday the clerk at the knife counter said they are anticipating that the store will close mid-May.

I picked up a nice Kershaw Mini-Ruckus folder and some .451 lead balls for my C&B revolver. Wanted some reloading supplies but they were gone on Saturday. Got a few other items scoped out that are still a little more expensive then I can get them for online, they are currently marked down 10%. If they drop them to 20% I'll be making some more purchases.

Dan
03-21-2009, 21:15
Guns are now 5% off, some stuff has increased to 20-30%, but not that much.

LoadedTech
03-25-2009, 18:20
Got a g27?

Richard Simmons
03-26-2009, 13:25
Guns are now 5% off, some stuff has increased to 20-30%, but not that much.

Last week when I was in it was 5% off on rifles and shotguns but not handguns.

Richard Simmons
03-28-2009, 17:13
Got a g27?

As of this morning they had mostly Springfield XD's and a smattering of other brands of semiautos but no Glocks

Dan
03-28-2009, 20:50
As of this morning they had mostly Springfield XD's and a smattering of other brands of semiautos but no Glocks

I must have walked by you, pickens are slim. Now they are only using the upper rack for the remaining long guns.

Glocks have been gone from there for some time now.

klt1986
03-30-2009, 12:26
Had to be in Roanoke this AM and have been price checking a Browning X-Bolt for a few months now. Even with their 5% off, it was still almost $200 bucks higher than Gander Mountain of all places! Needless to say I was a little disappointed.

bustedknee
03-30-2009, 19:27
I went in one of the big box stores in Roanoke, a few weeks back, that claimed they had marked every thing down 20% because they were going out of business.

They had marked everything up 40-60% before they marked it down 20% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left there at a dead run.

Did Sportsmans Whorehouse do the same thing?

I realize they want to make as much money as possible but I have no use for this type of scam.

klt1986
03-31-2009, 05:52
I went in one of the big box stores in Roanoke, a few weeks back, that claimed they had marked every thing down 20% because they were going out of business.

They had marked everything up 40-60% before they marked it down 20% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left there at a dead run.

Did Sportsmans Whorehouse do the same thing?

I realize they want to make as much money as possible but I have no use for this type of scam.

Not sure if they marked their prices up or if they were just way overpriced to start with.

Richard Simmons
03-31-2009, 06:50
I've found SW to be cheaper than Gander on just about everything since the day they opened. The items I've bought since they started the liquidation sale, (mostly knives) are priced the same as before the sale, you just deduct the applicable discount from that price.

If Gander is that much cheaper on that Browning I'd ask SW to recheck their price, it might be mismarked. $200 is a HUGE difference in price unless Gander is clearing that rifle out of stock for some reason. Are you sure the Gander rifle was new and not used?