Glipsc 3-19-09 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 3-19-09

TreehugginGlock
03-19-2009, 19:48
Another fine night at the range. After being relocated to the other range, we finally got started only a few minutes behind normal. Had another good sized group of folks shootin with us tonight. Glad to have ya.:wavey:

Tonight was just a bit different. I call it the House Divided. We seperated the range into two areas. Start on the left hand side where there were 4 targets that required 2 rounds each. Then move over to the right hand side where you could mag change on the move or as you got to the new shooting position. No Shooting On The Move. Once in the 2nd shooter's box, there were 7 targets that got 2 rounds each. At some point during the 7 target shoot, you had to do another mag change at your disgression (but you did have to fire some rounds out of your final mag). It was something different and any time I get to move when I'm shooting, I'm happy.

Here's how the scores wound up shaking out:

7.041 John Haas :wow::faint:
4.401 Dean Francisco
4.392 Otis Fox :50cal:
3.949 Greg Hodges
3.744 Tom Smith
3.448 Jack Hood
3.103 Leigh Ann Jeter
2.521 Jim Geiger
2.374 Steve Dunham
2.285 Richard Wanke
2.054 Gary Lee
1.894 Larry Tourney
1.675 Herman Stuckey
1.415 Butch Harley
1.408 Bruce Perlo III
0.140 Patrick Wanke

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. We love seeing so many folks each week.

Thanks goes out to the fellas that helped set up and tear down. It was much appreciated. :wave:

Berretta9
03-20-2009, 07:55
Just to clarify to everyone not there. We are still at Bluegrass, we just moved to the other bay. Same range, different bay. Didn't want anyone to think we had moved.

TreehugginGlock
03-20-2009, 11:26
Just to clarify to everyone not there. We are still at Bluegrass, we just moved to the other bay. Same range, different bay. Didn't want anyone to think we had moved.Yea, sorry if there was any confusion. Bluegrass has 2 ranges with 6-7 bays in each range. We just were relocated in the one on the left as you walk into the door instead of the one on the right hand side of the building.:woohoo:

JeepWrangler
03-21-2009, 23:30
What's the info on GLIPSC? Every Thursday at 7pm, $10 per person?

I used to shoot with you all back when it was "Bluegrass Glockers" on 1st Street Downtown. It was a lot of fun but ammo and The Gun Bug got expensive quick so I had to give it up for a while. Most of you all probably have bought a firearm from me at some point haha. I am trying to get back into it and thought I'd say Hi again. I'm working as a semi-volunteer firefighter/emt at the moment but I'm looking to get a full-time career going in this "economy".

After shooting just about every Glock in 9mm/.40 I picked up a Tan/Black Springfield XD9 and I really like it so far. It's very similar to Glocks but the big thing for me was ambidextrous mag release as the mag release on the Glock 19 still required a bit of repositioning to get to.

Anyways, I look forward to shooting with you folks again!

Paul

Berretta9
03-22-2009, 06:47
Paul,
We all remember you. I'm sure we would love to see ya shoot with us again.
Come on out on Thursday nights at 6