Attending the VA Republican Convention in May? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Attending the VA Republican Convention in May?

BSG
03-20-2009, 14:19
I'm going as an delegate for Albemarle County. Just curious to see if we have any other politicos in this forum.

vafish
03-22-2009, 14:36
I'll be there as a delegate from Fairfax County.

First time so I don't know if I'm a "politico" or not.

Wolfgang
03-22-2009, 16:27
to bad there are no real candidates---but whoever they are, they will be better than the opposition!

Best to both of you!

vafish
03-23-2009, 06:00
What do you consider a real candidate?

I'm mostly going because Ken Cuccinelli needs delegates to become Attorney General.

Wolfgang
03-23-2009, 06:57
Guess "a real candidate" was a bit harsh. It would be nice to see someone that respected individual rights and didn't think the only way to run the state was to increase taxes and fees. Think of Gilmore as one extreme and Kaine as the other. Both were looking past VA and future ambitions. Neither were/are good Govs.

We need someone who will put VA and Virginians first. Unfortunately, in my part of the state we are a dying breed and it seems we are doomed.

Richmond, VA Beach, Northern VA, that is the power in Va. To the victor go the spoils.

BSG
03-24-2009, 14:27
I am also a supporter of Cuccinelli. He's a good solid conservative who can win inside of Fairfax which is remarkable, and will hopefully help boost Bob's numbers in NOVA. I would not be disappointed if John Brownlee won either though, he also seems like a guy with potential. Wolfgang, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Republican ticket this year, but I think it's pretty strong (no matter who wins AG) and we could actually sweep the state offices this year. There are not any RINO's running this time around.

Wolfgang
03-24-2009, 19:15
Don't think I can support John Brownlee. Didn't like the way he kept after the director of the D Day Memorial. 2 trials and a waste of time and $$$$

Gov, I'm good with.

Jerseycitysteve
04-23-2009, 06:35
Bob McDonnell is a good man who will sign the bills Mr. Kaine vetoed. I pray we don't sabotage him with ideological purity oaths. Mr. McDonnell doesn't have to win Arlington County be become Governor but he can't suffer an absolute blowout either.