Benefit for a friend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Benefit for a friend

Jarhead
03-20-2009, 20:42
YOU CAN HELP!

Our friend Josiah Filson, at the age of 22, was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2003. He fought hard and won that battle. In the fall of 2008, after five good years he was given the news that the cancer was back and in its most aggressive form. He is currently receiving the highest level of chemotherapy available.

You can visit with him at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/fillysfriends

On March 10, 2009, along with his wife Brooke, they welcomed their first child, Jonah David, into the world. He arrived a month early but, like his dad, “He’s a fighter!” Jonah is doing very well.

Josiah is in the Law Enforcement profession and needs our help with their family’s mounting medical bills. We are holding a benefit in his honor to help raise money for the Filson Family.

DATE: April 18, 2009 TIME: 6PM till Close

3001 East Lake Street,
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55406
(612)722-1377
http://mcmahonsirishpub.net

PRIZES: LAW ENFORCEMENT THEAMED
SILENT AUCTION AND DRAWING

LIVE MUSIC by PointNot at 9PM (No Cover)

Josiah was a Detention Deputy for Hennepin County when he was first diaganoised. In the following years he competed his bachelor's at Concordia, completed skills at MCTC and was working as a Park Service Officer for Three Rivers Park District. Now he has a new baby boy that was five weeks early and the whole family is hurting.

He is a good guy and has had some tough times. Help if you can, or just come down and have a good time.

Jon Danks
03-20-2009, 22:56
I hope he gets better! Where can I send some money? I dont have a whole lot but I want to help. He will be in my prayers.

Jarhead
03-26-2009, 07:21
Donations can be sent to:

Benefit for Josiah, Brooke, and Jonah Filson
C/O Carrie Didur
Benefit Coordinator
11720 Kumquat Street NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55448

or cash donations can be made via paypal
sent to josiah.filson@gmail.com

100% of all donations go to the Filson Family.