Gun Shops In Seattle [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shops In Seattle

dchurch
03-23-2009, 14:28
I was wondering which gun dealers in Seattle you recommend? I have recently purchased a Glock 22 from Butch's in Seattle and found that they were very easy to deal with. I have also heard good things about Lynnwood Gun and Discount Guns, but have heard that both Sam's and Wade's are overpriced. What experiences have you had with dealers in Seattle?

VeeDubbinJetta91
03-23-2009, 19:47
I was wondering which gun dealers in Seattle you recommend? I have recently purchased a Glock 22 from Butch's in Seattle and found that they were very easy to deal with. I have also heard good things about Lynnwood Gun and Discount Guns, but have heard that both Sam's and Wade's are overpriced. What experiences have you had with dealers in Seattle?

Ive bought both my Glocks from Bear Arms in Covington, but have bought alot of my supplies/ammo/sights/ruger 10-22 from West Coast Armory in Issaquah, have had nothing but great service at both and very friendly people, i sometimes feel in other shops as if everyone else is higher than me, not the case at those 2 places, Wades does seem to be a little over priced but ive been happy with them as well. Also Champion arms in Kent is a good shop/range as well

dchurch
03-26-2009, 15:28
I went into West Coast Armory today. Their shop is pretty small, but they do seem to have a good variety of guns and supplies. Their prices were also very reasonable.

Road Hog
03-26-2009, 21:26
Check out Federal Way Discount Guns, which is different from the Discount Gun chain.

A smaller shop ( bigger than West Coast Amory) but the most knowledgeable staff I have found in this area and the best prices. Check them out, you will agree.

ainokea
03-27-2009, 22:33
There are several places you can check out.

Adventure Sports in Lynnwood
DJ's Loan in Bothell
Ben's Loans in Renton
Federal Way Discount guns

Those are the better shops i know of in Seattle area

joeroket
03-28-2009, 11:13
I have heard of complaints about Federal Way Discount guns from people that have gone in there. In fact a fellow I know had one of the employees try to grab his holstered pistol from him.

I have done business myself with Wade's and Sams and they are a little on the high side. I have also used Discount Gun Sales, which is the chain, and have been pretty happy. They have some deals and some higher priced stuff. I have heard nothing but praise about Butches.

Atomic Punk
03-28-2009, 11:42
i have had good luck with federal way discount guns, my wife got her g29 there. i have been to wades to rent guns a few times but never when their gun shop was open so i never saw their prices.

VeeDubbinJetta91
03-28-2009, 13:42
I went into West Coast Armory today. Their shop is pretty small, but they do seem to have a good variety of guns and supplies. Their prices were also very reasonable.

Was also in West Coast Armory the same day you were...maybe i saw you haha...i bought some trijicon night sights and took my gun in to have them installed, when calling around wades wanted 60 bucks to install the sights plus the price of the sights, west coast were reasonable and installed for free :wow:

dchurch
03-30-2009, 18:01
Was also in West Coast Armory the same day you were...maybe i saw you haha...i bought some trijicon night sights and took my gun in to have them installed, when calling around wades wanted 60 bucks to install the sights plus the price of the sights, west coast were reasonable and installed for free :wow:

I was there about 12:30 p.m. I hope the sights work out for you. I am thinking about getting different sights as well as I just have the default ones on my 22. Mainly I was in there to check out the store and see how much they were charging for .40 ammunition. I did end up purchasing an UpLULA magazine reloader though, it works great!

ICHI
03-30-2009, 18:11
Ben's Loans

my first WA gun,21sf purchase

VeeDubbinJetta91
03-30-2009, 21:07
I was there about 12:30 p.m. I hope the sights work out for you. I am thinking about getting different sights as well as I just have the default ones on my 22. Mainly I was in there to check out the store and see how much they were charging for .40 ammunition. I did end up purchasing an UpLULA magazine reloader though, it works great!

same time i was there...i was the kid in the Mechanic Uniform wating in line if you saw me ;) haha...although im getting a little fed up with them, dropped the gun/sights off wednesday to be installed was told they should be done same day, then they said should be done saturday for pick up today(Monday) Called today and they still havent gotten to them yet :steamed: im almost to the point of buying the tool myself and doing the install instead of having to be without my gun for even longer

VeeDubbinJetta91
03-31-2009, 21:27
same time i was there...i was the kid in the Mechanic Uniform wating in line if you saw me ;) haha...although im getting a little fed up with them, dropped the gun/sights off wednesday to be installed was told they should be done same day, then they said should be done saturday for pick up today(Monday) Called today and they still havent gotten to them yet :steamed: im almost to the point of buying the tool myself and doing the install instead of having to be without my gun for even longer

Update: After a week of hearing nothing and me calling and asking about progress i decided to go into the shop, i was told all the sight installs had been done but when mine was brought to me it was the exact same as i left it, i said thank you and left with my slide/sights/night sights, i had forgot my friends dad is a retired glock armorer and has all the tools, so i took the slide back to work and did the install myself in about 2 mins. I dont blame West Coast Armory, i understand they are extremely busy with gun builds and whatnot and i will still give them my business, i just wish there would have been some better communitcation :)

RNT_Ruckus
04-01-2009, 00:37
Ben's Loans

my first WA gun,21sf purchase

I'll second that, picked up my first gun there. OD g23

dchurch
04-01-2009, 12:30
Update: After a week of hearing nothing and me calling and asking about progress i decided to go into the shop, i was told all the sight installs had been done but when mine was brought to me it was the exact same as i left it, i said thank you and left with my slide/sights/night sights, i had forgot my friends dad is a retired glock armorer and has all the tools, so i took the slide back to work and did the install myself in about 2 mins. I dont blame West Coast Armory, i understand they are extremely busy with gun builds and whatnot and i will still give them my business, i just wish there would have been some better communitcation :)

I can understand that. I think that all the shops are just so busy right now though that it is really difficult for them to keep up, especially when they are a small store like West Coast is.

Boxerglocker
04-01-2009, 12:39

Wade's definately WAY overpriced. DGS is the same. I actually have found the opposite, in regards to Sam's. I have bought a few guns there in the last few years new and they have been competitive with every other local dealer I have called. I shoot there at thier range regularly and when I have purchased they always give me a box of ammo and you get a months range membership with every gun you buy. Lynnwood, the prices seem reasonable but they don't seem to have much in stock on hand. If your wiling to wait they have quoted maybe $10 -15 bucks less. If your looking used, DJ's in Bothel is the place to go.

dchurch
04-01-2009, 14:42
Wader's definitely WAY overpriced. DGS is the same. I actually have found the opposite, in regards to Sam's. I have bought a few guns there in the last few years new and they have been competitive with every other local dealer I have called. I shoot there at their range regularly and when I have purchased they always give me a box of ammo and you get a months range membership with every gun you buy. Lynnwood, the prices seem reasonable but they don't seem to have much in stock on hand. If your wiling to wait they have quoted maybe $10 -15 bucks less. If your looking used, DJ's in Bothel is the place to go.

I do like shooting at Sam's and it's true that they give you a membershp for a month. I thought that they had discontinued the ammo giveaway, but I could be wrong about that. I have found their prices to be a bit above Butch's, Lynnwood and West Coast, but below Discount and Wade's.

Boxerglocker
04-01-2009, 17:38
I do like shooting at Sam's and it's true that they give you a membershp for a month. I thought that they had discontinued the ammo giveaway, but I could be wrong about that. I have found their prices to be a bit above Butch's, Lynnwood and West Coast, but below Discount and Wade's.

I ammo give away isn't any longer a regular thing. I tend to wheel and deal them on that and know others that have as well. I normally negotiate at least one extra mag at cost when I buy a gun from them and again help negotiate a deal or two for friends.

cgchu
04-14-2009, 19:02
+1 for Federal Way Discount... but though they don't allow you to carry inside the shop.

dchurch
04-14-2009, 22:26
My wife just purchased a Taurus 92 from Discount Guns. Even though I wasn't wild about her choice I really liked that the salesperson asked her questions to find out exactly what she was looking for. If it was me I would of gotten a G-17. After seeing how she did at the range I do think the Taurus fits her well, just like my G-22 fits me.

spdski
04-22-2009, 21:53
Ben's in Renton is great.

Mainsail
04-23-2009, 20:42
The best dealer in the NW is Mary's Pistols in Tacoma. Great prices and service. Example: Bought an EoTech 557 for $460. Mary and Dan will treat you right.

www.maryspistols.com

dchurch
04-24-2009, 11:52
The best dealer in the NW is Mary's Pistols in Tacoma. Great prices and service. Example: Bought an EoTech 557 for $460. Mary and Dan will treat you right.

www.maryspistols.com (http://www.maryspistols.com)

I appreciate the advice. It seems to me that there is a real lack on the north end of the Seattle area though. I mean Sam's is OK, and of course there is a Discount Gun store in Everett, but not much in the Marysville/Arlington area. You basically have to go all of the way up to Kesselring in Burlington.

Sphinx_Smith
04-26-2009, 17:21
I just bought my first at DSG in Totem Lake. My friend has been going there for years and introduced me to Brett. Real good guy and easy to work with.
I live in Woodinville and theres a little gun shop behind Target, looks like a shack! Havent been in there in YEARS but its been there since I was a kid. Always have funny stuff on their Reader Board.

Sphinx

mercury0_0
04-26-2009, 20:03
i have had good luck with federal way discount guns, my wife got her g29 there. i have been to wades to rent guns a few times but never when their gun shop was open so i never saw their prices.

That's a whole lot of awesome right there.

Narc1911
04-29-2009, 23:54
Kesselring in the best gun shop I have dealt with.

johnny00
05-11-2009, 23:40
Ben's in Renton, Fed Way Discount Guns, and Mary's have great prices. I do like West Coast Armory for their selection and the prices are quite reasonable. Matt is super helpful.

Wade's and Discount Gun Sales are on the real high side. Although they do have a great selection, if you're just window shopping. DJ's in Bothell is ok, but not a great selection. The small shop behind Target in Wooodinville is very small and overpriced.

WaGlock
06-01-2009, 21:52
I cant for the life of me figure out why more people don't go to west coast armory!! this week I visited ben's in renton, wades in bellevue and west coast armory in issaquah... WC had by far the friendliest staff and WAAAAYyyy cheap prices on glocks 499 for any non .45 base model...the asshat unhelpful gougers at wades were charging 599!! WTF. :steamed:

anyway, picked myself up a glock 27 and few parts for my AR build! they are stocked to the ceilings with black rifles and super fair prices.

spdski
06-01-2009, 22:00
I cant for the life of me figure out why more people don't go to west coast armory!! this week I visited ben's in renton, wades in bellevue and west coast armory in issaquah... WC had by far the friendliest staff and WAAAAYyyy cheap prices on glocks 499 for any non .45 base model...the asshat unhelpful gougers at wades were charging 599!! WTF. :steamed:

anyway, picked myself up a glock 27 and few parts for my AR build! they are stocked to the ceilings with black rifles and super fair prices.

1. Because I didn't even know they existed.

2. $499 for a standard glock is still too much unless you are buying more than 1 per year. The GSSF discount applies once a year now.