Docjt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Docjt

Berretta9
03-24-2009, 19:36
So the last two days I went to Richmond and took the CCDW Instructor Trainer course. I have been a CCDW Instructor for a few years now but have never met the people who I send paperwork to. It was great meeting them and the people who taught the class were first rate. The best was the range we used. It was the EKU / State police range along the Kentucky river. What a nice facility. If you ever get the chance to shoot there, jump on the chance. Bren, have you been there ??

spikehunter
03-24-2009, 20:55
Mind if I ask what is required to be a CCDW trainer. What formal training is required and where/how do you sign up for it?

Thanks,

Spike

wprebeck
03-25-2009, 00:06
So, when do you want to train me for the CCDW Instructor class?

I'm serious. I could use it.

Berretta9
03-25-2009, 07:25
If you already have you CCDW, and still meet those legal requirements, you pretty much have everything you need. The class room part is 14 hours minimum. The shooting test is a little more difficult than the regular CCDW. Half of the shots are from 15 yards instead of 7 and they have to be in the " Coke bottle" section of a sillouette target. Just hitting the paper does not count. Take your time and it's no issue. The only bad part is, most of it is a review of the class you took to get your original CCDW permitt, and you do have to watch the movie again. You also have to do a 5 minute lecture. You can pick the topic from a list of things like gun cleaning, picking a holster, etc. There is quite the list to choose from. There is some review on legal liability and paperwork. The state mandated fee is 150.00. Spike did you mean the class to teach CCDW or to teach CCDW instructors trainers ?? Wes P/M me and we'll work it out.

spikehunter
03-25-2009, 18:37
Yes I was wondering about the training required to be an instructor to teach the CCDW classes. I have had my CCDW license for a couple years now and I am a huge fan of CCDW and feel that more people should excercise this right. If you don't mind can you PM me some info on the procedures for becoming a CCDW instructor.

If you already have you CCDW, and still meet those legal requirements, you pretty much have everything you need. The class room part is 14 hours minimum. The shooting test is a little more difficult than the regular CCDW. Half of the shots are from 15 yards instead of 7 and they have to be in the " Coke bottle" section of a sillouette target. Just hitting the paper does not count. Take your time and it's no issue. The only bad part is, most of it is a review of the class you took to get your original CCDW permitt, and you do have to watch the movie again. You also have to do a 5 minute lecture. You can pick the topic from a list of things like gun cleaning, picking a holster, etc. There is quite the list to choose from. There is some review on legal liability and paperwork. The state mandated fee is 150.00. Spike did you mean the class to teach CCDW or to teach CCDW instructors trainers ?? Wes P/M me and we'll work it out.