Utah ccw [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Utah ccw

TRguy
03-27-2009, 08:40
I am a NC CHP Instructor, anyone here familiar with obtaining a non-resident instructor certification from Utah?

Your help is appreciated.

NC Bullseye
03-27-2009, 11:55
From what I can gather, there isn't a difference from in state or out of state for instructors. Their application has spaces for state and zip code so it appears to be for both. If you go to http://www.des.utah.gov/bci/concealedinstructors.html there is the application and also the minimum training standards as well as other instructor info.

If this is old news, sorry bout that.

Thx-1138
03-27-2009, 13:07
I am a NC CHP Instructor, anyone here familiar with obtaining a non-resident instructor certification from Utah?

Your help is appreciated.

Interesting. IIRC, Utah is one of those states where you can get a non-resident permit, but you have to have training from an instructor certified by Utah. Is that why you're asking?

NC Bullseye
03-27-2009, 20:52
Interesting. IIRC, Utah is one of those states where you can get a non-resident permit, but you have to have training from an instructor certified by Utah. Is that why you're asking?

I think he was asking how to become an out of state instructor for Utah, that's why I gave him the link to the page on how to be a Utah certified instructor.

MaximaDrvr
03-29-2009, 20:00
You may want to look at the Florida Non-res permit. It is done entirely by mail.