Miami Dade County Youth Fair ok to CCW? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dade County Youth Fair ok to CCW?

peteG21
03-27-2009, 08:52
Heading to the youth fair on Sunday I'm not getting in the rides just wondering if its legal to carry my weapon? I know they check womens bags, and its right next to FIU property.

PBCounty
03-28-2009, 18:20
If it's not a professional sporting event or a school related function I don't see why not. I don't carry at the fair simply because I love to get hammered there.

PBCounty
03-28-2009, 18:21
Also, there is a deputy posted about every three feet so a need will be minimal.

MySiK26
03-29-2009, 17:13
Also, there is a deputy posted about every three feet so a need will be minimal.

very very true. Leave your weapon secured in your vehicle and go have a good time.

Dyno58
04-06-2009, 22:55
I work loss prevention at the fair and carry is a big no no. Signs are posted before you enter the fair "No Weapons". There is a police officer every 35ft through out the fair grounds and roaming patrols in the parking area. Trust me, your pretty safe. I carry everywhere I go, but when I work the fair my "sidekick" stays in the car.

u n v kenny
04-08-2009, 06:57
Damn, at fair's around here they don't serve alcohol... That's why I carry.

JerryVO
04-08-2009, 08:11
This comes down to the same old argument, there is nothing illegal about it as the signs hold no legal weight and it is not a prohibited area under FL law, but it is private property and they can kick you out or search you and not let you in, and all that private property rights comments that usually follow a post like this...