Brawn Mercedes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Brawn Mercedes

isuzu
03-28-2009, 09:21
Ross Brawn's two cars take pole position and 2nd in the opening race of the season (Australian GP).

He is very instrumental in winning championships for Benetton and Scuderia Ferrari. His team was in trouble after Honda pulled out of F1. He got a break after Mercedes agreed to supply him with engines, and Virgin gave him a big sponsorship.

Very exciting season especially with new changes such as slick tires, wider front wings and narrow rear wings.

gundog
03-29-2009, 19:35
Ross Brawn's two cars take pole position and 2nd in the opening race of the season (Australian GP).

He is very instrumental in winning championships for Benetton and Scuderia Ferrari. His team was in trouble after Honda pulled out of F1. He got a break after Mercedes agreed to supply him with engines, and Virgin gave him a big sponsorship.

Very exciting season especially with new changes such as slick tires, wider front wings and narrow rear wings.

Big win by Brawn's team. Cops 1st and 2nd in the Australian Grand Prix.:wow:

isuzu
03-29-2009, 21:27
Big win by Brawn's team. Cops 1st and 2nd in the Australian Grand Prix.:wow:

A very big win for Brawn GP indeed. Honda abruptly told them in November that they will pulling out of Formula 1 and they ended up with no engines for their race cars. Good thing Ross Brawn was able to secure a deal with Mercedes to supply his team with the engines. Another big boost to his team was the sponsorship of Virgin.

I give him a big credit for his team's debut wins. Ferrari's performance has gone down in a big way since he left the team.

atmarcella
03-29-2009, 23:39
wow! unbelievable!

bulm540
03-31-2009, 21:48
Jenson was right after all ,Honda suck.

Wp.22
03-31-2009, 23:13

Honda was good when they were using turbo charged engine in the 80's

atmarcella
04-01-2009, 00:52
laking bagay ng makina ano!

Wp.22
04-01-2009, 01:04
laking bagay ng makina ano!

opkors, esp with the new rules about engine use in F1, The driver needs to preserve it for the next race they cannot go all out metal to the pedal.

atmarcella
04-01-2009, 01:14
isang rule na inaantay ko yung rear wing na me parang hati sa gitna, this will make slipstreaming more effective thereby creating more chances for overtaking. boring kasi minsan. yung polesitter yun din nananalo.

ginagamit na ba nila yung booster galing sa heat ng brakes?

Wp.22
04-01-2009, 02:02
isang rule na inaantay ko yung rear wing na me parang hati sa gitna, this will make slipstreaming more effective thereby creating more chances for overtaking. boring kasi minsan. yung polesitter yun din nananalo.

ginagamit na ba nila yung booster galing sa heat ng brakes?

i agree with you that sometimes boring na yung race lalo na yung last year season. Sometimes i only watch the start of the race kasi doon na yung sukatan kung sino ang mananalo.

I missed watching damon hill, mika hakinnen and schumi.

bicolano_glockr
04-01-2009, 02:19
new set of rules, return of slicks and the engine has to be preserved for 3 races (as opposed to 2, last year)... now that makes F1 even more exciting for me.

Brawn GP's performance has been phenomenal... I do hope they carry on with their momentum for the rest of the season. its about flippin' time that jenson button gets to be on the top step of the podium on a regular basis.. but..

I'd still be rooting for -- Scuderia Ferrari! theres something about them red cars and its ferrari engine screaming at full throttle... this years F60 seems like a decent package but has reliability issues and kills its super soft tires too quickly on a full race distance

Raikonnen & Alonso, in my opinion are the quickest drivers out there right now given that they have a competitive and reliable car at their disposal.

atmarcella
04-01-2009, 02:26
schumi.

galeng mang daya! cant forget the trick he pulled on damon hill and he repeated again on villnieuve where he got his all his points for the entire season revoked hehehe

Wp.22
04-01-2009, 03:07
galeng mang daya! cant forget the trick he pulled on damon hill and he repeated again on villnieuve where he got his all his points for the entire season revoked hehehe

i kinda agree on that when he deliberately bump either hill or villnievue to the championship.

I like schumi because he's good when it rains plus he know his car and can convey what is wrong with it to his engineers.

Even the governing body of F1 favors schumi remember the time his leg/foot was broken.

isuzu
04-01-2009, 20:24
opkors, esp with the new rules about engine use in F1, The driver needs to preserve it for the next race they cannot go all out metal to the pedal.

Used to be two races per engine. Now it's three. Patibayan ng makina. And of course giving the teams with low budgets to supposedly compete with the larger teams.

Let's not overlook Toyota. They had an impressive race as well.

isuzu
04-01-2009, 20:28

That's probably one reason why Honda wouldn't allow their Civics to be used as taxis. Madaling masira under hard use. BTW, there are Prius Hybrid taxis here. First saw them in Vancouver two years ago.

Wp.22
04-01-2009, 21:53
That's probably one reason why Honda wouldn't allow their Civics to be used as taxis. Madaling masira under hard use. BTW, there are Prius Hybrid taxis here. First saw them in Vancouver two years ago.

ouch im a civic owner my previous civic was ten years old already when i sold it and still runs like new that's why we got another civic as replacement. Metal to the pedal driver here.

atmarcella
04-02-2009, 00:20
maganda resale value ng honda. they had very good v6 turbo engines way back in the 80's during senna's time.

naalala ko si scuhmi, wala pa nun cable, i used to watch f1 during sundays sa rpn, marlboro wide world of sports lumalabas, last lap yun, ang bilis ng williams ni damon hill, kung maka overtake si hill sa beneton/ford nya kampeon si hill, last turn naka inside line si hill, lamang na! binagsak nya nga kotse nya ke hill, eh di pareho sila DNF, kampeon sya!

the ff year ginawa nya ulit ke villneuve, nagalit na sa kanya f1, kinuha lahat points nya.

Wp.22
04-02-2009, 02:19
who do you think has the best paint job among the F1 team now and then. I like the benson and hedges color i like yellow.

isuzu
04-02-2009, 18:50
ouch im a civic owner my previous civic was ten years old already when i sold it and still runs like new that's why we got another civic as replacement. Metal to the pedal driver here.

There was a class action suit here in North America where Honda paid/extended the warranties of Honda cars. It was found out that odometers were inaccurate by as much as +4%. This was discovered when somebody initially checked the accuracy of the odometer via GPS.

I liked our old Honda ESI. It still had the multi-link suspension. And the torque was good on that engine. I didn't like what Honda did to the later models. They cheaped out on the suspension by replacing the old one with just McPherson struts.

isuzu
04-02-2009, 20:08
Mclaren Mercedes is off to a bad start:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9113.html

Wp.22
04-02-2009, 22:08
here is an april fools joke about brawngp at hamilton
n a surprise statement issued shortly after midnight on this date, the highly competitive Brawn GP team shocked the F1 community by announcing that Lewis Hamilton is switching to the Brackley-based outfit for the remainder of the 2009 season.

The reigning World Champion will therefore leave the McLaren Mercedes team with immediate effect, and will be wearing the Brawn operation's white overalls at this week-end's Malaysian Grand Prix.

“It was a logical decision to make when considering the situation both our teams are facing at present,” Ross Brawn stated. “Everyone is very confident in regards to our potential in both the drivers' and constructors' championships.”

It seems that Brawn GP's current budget, combined with the lack of performance provided by McLaren's new single-seater, provoked an important brainstorming session within the Mercedes camp which ultimately resulted in pushing the daring plan forward and putting the best chances on their side.

“You have to look at the numbers,” explained Norbert Haug, VP of Mercedes-Benz Motorsports. “By switching Lewis and part of our budget to Brawn – which is already Mercedes-powered – statistically we can manage to win both championships this season.”

“I know there's only been one race so far this year,” Haug admitted, “but it adds up.

“This is really a wonderful gesture,” said a smiling Hamilton. “This is the best way for me to help my regular team move forward. With the spotlight on me at Brawn while I win all these races, McLaren don't have to worry about having a World Champion aboard and all that pressure.”

“Really,” he added, “I don't know why I hadn't thought of this myself!”

Ron Dennis, Martin Whitmarsh and Anthony Hamilton issued a joint statement which reads: “We have raised this child to be a World Champion again and again (…) this is a bold step in preserving that goal.”

The situation means that either Jenson Button or Rubens Barrichello will have to move aside to make place for Hamilton. The decision regarding who will sit in the vacated McLaren car has not yet been made, but the news was obviously badly received.

“I think not,” said Button. “You see, I'm spotted to be the next Brit F1 star.”

isuzu
04-04-2009, 20:34
It's Brawn-Mercedes again for pole at the Malaysian Grand Prix:

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2009/806/6608/

Toyota is in second, Red Bull Renault in third, and another Brawn-Mercedes driven by Barrichello in 4th.

bulm540
04-04-2009, 20:50
They are for Real. This would be an interesting Season. Need to wake up at 2: 30 AM today to watch teh race.

atmarcella
04-04-2009, 23:47
it was definitely not a fluke.

bulm540
04-05-2009, 10:12
It rained but it was too much. Race was called and drivers only have half teh points.

isuzu
04-05-2009, 11:03
Woke up at 3:00am to watch the race. The race got cut short because of the rain. Nevertheless, Brawn-Mercedes (Button) got first place. I'm also happy Toyota was in the podium. Very bad gamble on the part of Ferrari to install rain tires way before the rain started.

bicolano_glockr
04-06-2009, 03:21
yup, twas a rain-soaked race yesterday which was red flagged after 32 laps..

interesting how the FIA awards points to drivers when a race hasn't been run by more than 75%

and jenson button said he hasn't seen the checkered flag yet without the safety car in front! oo nga naman, hahah